1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Silver linings. You didn't wake up at 0600 with what appeared to be food poisoning from a few hours earlier.

The_Crapman and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Moved energy suppliers, gave old and new suppliers gas and electricity readings, job done. Final gas bill from old supplier: £36 refund. Final electricity bill: £111. Hmm. Strange.

Went to give my new supplier an up-to-date reading... and it's 800kWh below where I claimed it was at opening. So, screwed that up, then.

Emailed a photo of the meter to both old and new suppliers, so hopefully they can sort it out for me. I'm sure I'm not the first idiot to screw up reading a short string of numbers...

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Tried taking a swig from my water bottle, water bottle decided I needed a shower so the lid came off, 750ml ish of water splooshed over my face.

4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

:D... I mean, Oops. Cycling or static, when it happened...?

5. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

clean face for free , you lucky, lucky boy

6. legoman

Sat at my desk :worried:

The irony of your name in this situation is noted :hehe:

7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

CloudFlare. Trying to obtain some data from a site that won't give api access and they've deployed CloudFlare to block IPs.

8. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Going through a separation....le sigh

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The stress of being supposed to roll out a completely new network in an office 2K km from me with contractors and logistics failing.
    Right now: 2 Cisco 9300 switches that were supposed to be on site last Thursday that "went missing" and are still in another country at the moment. ETA: "saturday, hopefully".
    All the config was already supposed to be done by now, and we were supposed to fly in a substantial team on Thursday next week...

IanW and MLyons like this.
  10. legoman

Ah joys of logistics and deployment. Just have to make sure the people doing the config will actually be there to do it, and then mop up the teething problems.

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Missing delivery of item that, according to Ebay, hasn't been posted yet....

*sigh*

12. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

... despite the spelling (I only noticed a short while ago).

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that fella. If you need a virtual shoulder to cry on fire me a pm. The site may not be the social hub it was several years ago but I'll never forget the banter :winking:

Arboreal likes this.
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Hang in there dude. You have to ride crappy times like a surfer.

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Bad luck chum :sigh:

16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Wife's dad is now out of hospital with a stoma. We're all living under 1 roof at the minute, so now I have an 11 month old baby, a partner that is coming to terms with starting back at work/leaving the baby with a childminder and a 58 year old man getting over urosepsis and bowel surgery to look after...

Yay.

17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Decided to go to the canteen for some lunch, knew my old boss had come down with my old team doing some sort of cross office meet-up because I'd seem him yesterday but opted to take my lunch away to catch up at my desk with some emails. Went down again today and felt an elbow in my back "You alright pal!?" he was there again, this time I had my food ready to takeaway but decided to sit in with it at a table big enough for the 5 of us. it was very close to the payment till so I was easy to spot.

I sit down, start eating.... patiently waiting for them to arrive with "do you mind if we sit here".... nobody arrives.

I look up, only a few metres away the four of them have perched, at a table for four, in the sun, directly in my eye line thats just been vacated leaving me alone.

Now I'm sat in this utterly pathetic situation eating from a takeaway box with a fork unable to look up because they're in my line of sight making me feel like this complete and utter loser because they've just entirely left me high and dry.

*cue looking at watch, packing up half eaten lunch frantically as if I have a meeting I'm late for get the hell outta there!!*

Last edited: 19 Sep 2019
  18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Bought a PSVR that was supposed to be the 'best on eBay!".

Turned up absolutely filthy and reeks of greasy spicy food.

Been over it three times now as it's pretty minging. Hoping I can get rid of the smell because it will make me dry heave otherwise. I hear white vinegar works well so I may have to resort to that.

Sigh. Why do I always find the people with personal hygiene issues? I wouldn't send a dog something in that condition it was gross.

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

If that was the best on fleabay, just think of the state of the rest...

20. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Haha I guess !

It's reminded me not to buy used gear though really.