1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'm not clear on what that does exactly, nor do I know if there's a use I have for one, but I feel that I probably need one.

Fingers66 likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

I wanted it for many reasons. Firstly it's probably my favourite thriller movie ever. Secondly its sound was done by a company called Cerwin Vega, who I used to liase with very closely in the 90s. They invented the first surround system called "Sensurround" and it was used in this movie and others, like Earthquake etc. So yeah a bit of an emotional attachment there, so when a proper original Cali cinema bill poster came up I jumped on it. It was quite affordable, but the postage cost more than the item. Now I need to frame it, but would rather have it in hand and measure it first. Will take pride of place in my hallway /70s child.

3. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

My wife's car insurance was reduced by several hundred pounds by adding me to the policy, even though my licence is green. How enabling someone to drive who can't drive lowers the cost is beyond a billion Stephen Hawkins with spreadsheets powered by super computers calculating for infinity.

5. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I think you'd somehow need a damned good reason to have this while getting it home - can't see yer average Plod not thinkin' yer goin' somewhere tooled up to do somebody a bit o' damidge...! :p

adidan likes this.
  6. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

7. Zoon

For me I never use the number pad so the K65 is perfect!

8. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I remember seeing that movie (and Earthquake) in glorious sensurround in the 70's, St James' theatre in Wellington, NZ. Can't recall much of the plots but the shaking and rattling were awesome. Of course, I had nightmares after earthquake but that just cos earthquakes in NZ are too real for a movie to even come close to.

Last edited: 19 Sep 2019
    Vault-Tec likes this.
  9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Weirdly mine went down over £120 this year without even asking! :jawdrop:
    Disclosure: Ancient driver (54) in very small car (VW Up)

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Can confirm. Added my then-girlfriend as a named driver on my car long-long ago, when not only was her license green, she had no idea whatsoever how to drive, knocked ~30% off.

11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Sounds great, I have an original K65 in my LAN rig kit, as it drops into a bag with the rodent and headphones so easily, and most importantly leaves room for a packet of biscuits!
    Reds work for me, and I like the solid alu base and 'floating' keys.
    The only thing more I'd want, would be illuminated keys. Not needing clever RGBness, just lit up sometimes; so no need to change just now.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I actually ordered these a while back, but they've apparently now shipped:

[​IMG]

Sega Mega Drive 6 Button Arcade Pad with USB
    , compatible with the Mega Drive Mini.

Only problem is, this:

[​IMG]

Sega Mega Drive Mini
    , doesn't launch until October.

Also, thanks muchly Sega for including Street Fighter II in the bundled games - a title for which they very specifically designed and released the original six-button pads in the first place, 'cos with the three-button pads you had to keep switching between punches and kicks and it was a complete pain in the backside - but only including the old three-button pads thus forcing people to splash out half the cost of the console again on six-button pads. You sods.

13. Zoon

I have mine set to backlight white but with a red ripple effect on key press. I like it!

14. Vault-Tec

When I was a kid it used to scare me to death. It's kinda like Jaws but theme parks.

As I grew older I started to understand it more. It's a psychological game of cat and mouse.

Still holds up today, aside from the coaster crash as you can tell they're dummies but yeah, still scares me every time I see it.

Sensurround was nuts. They used to literally just surround the everything with B36 folded horn subwoofers with 18" "elephant stroker" drivers in them.

I heard that my pal who worked there had passed away a few years back. I was very sad. I can still hear him laughing now.

15. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

D'know what I don't get with car insurance - now have a baby, so naturally check the "do you have any children under 16" box, assuming that implies I will be driving MORE CAREFULLY, because you know, i'll have a child in the car... Premium increased.

o_O

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Expensive to replace in the event of a write-off, babies...

MLyons and Mister_Tad like this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Was my fave console version. The speed and graphics were the closest to the arcade. Shame it sounded like they all had a mouthful of corn flakes but ho hum.

Have you seen the mini stack? Comes with the mini, a sega cd mini and 32x. No price as of now but God I bet it's expensive!

18. Gareth Halfacree

I have not!

One of my biggest regrets is getting rid of my own full-size stack: original Mega Drive, original Mega CD, Master System Converter, three-button pads, six-button pads, light guns, arcade stick, massive stack of games - and a Saturn plus games to go with it. Never had a 32X, tho'.

19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Why? Just get busy with the wife again. :grin:

perplekks45 and MLyons like this.
  20. Vault-Tec

They call it the tower. I bet it's much costly.