1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build - In Progress ⭐ CopperWood

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Vandalo, 20 Jun 2019.

1. Frido

Frido Minimodder

Why haven't I seen it sooner?!?! Love the handiwork, when you posted the picture with the acrylic plate with the built-in plugs, I thought you planned to put the plate OVER the MB, lining up the plugs the correct places. It's 3am, and I gotta go to bed. Can't wait to see the rest of the build - very well done, and I love your fan grills as well. Gives the RIGHT art deco and steamy cyberpunk feel together with the copper.

/Frido

2. Theophilus_Field

Theophilus_Field If all else fails... use the surfacing tools

The pass-through is a great idea, keeps things neat and not so distracting. More attention to focus on the cool details!

Superb tube bends too :thumb:

3. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Damn that's a sexy case.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Amazing. Love the pipe work. :thumb:

5. Dot_Kappa

Dot_Kappa 100% Puppet

You are raising the bare each new page :clap:

6. Vandalo

Vandalo Minimodder

Yes true but copper is becoming a color that I really like. For the fittings I like the contrast of black that is taken up by the colors of the mb and gpu.

:D well i'm glad...thanks.

hahahahaha ... wow thanks a lot :D

The curves of the tubes were challenging but I wanted to maintain continuity without inserting corner fittings, I like to follow the curves of the wood.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot ;)

Yes I also love copper curves.
    Thanks.

Thanks Kappa, soon I will continue the work.

7. Vandalo

Vandalo Minimodder

Oh so guys, after a little break, I'll update you on the latest developments.

I did the filling and it was fine if it wasn't for two small oversights.I have to say that the filling is done in a moment and purges well from the air, the problem is that as a fool I lost sight of a fundamental rule. In the circuit the return liquid is directly poured into the tank from the leftmost tube, in this way air bubbles (cavitation) are created which are sucked by the pump tube immediately below generating an annoying noise and a consequent loss of performance . Furthermore, the wb of the gpu and cpu are emptied each time the pump is switched off.Below the pump is off but you can see the bubbles above still inside.

[​IMG]

So I removed the tank to intervene …

[​IMG]

and I inserted a curve immersed in the liquid, in this way no bubbles are created and the noise of air disappears. The wbs don't empty because no air enters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second oversight I didn't think of is the noise generated by the pumps if fixed directly to the wooden frame.At this point, I arranged to put on vibration-damping feet.Then later I discovered that I had badly reassembled the tank with consequent leaks and curses so I dismounted again and at this point I took a pause for reflection on what to do.
    Paused the pumps speech I started doing the power supply wiring.With the cables in the plexi sorted in that way they have all staggered pins so armed with good patience I redid all the connections to get the correct connections to the MB.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An acceptance test after checking the cable run 10 times :worried:

[​IMG]

Everything went fine…:thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A carousel of colors these last MB :hehe::grin:

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

No smoke=better than my wiring. I can relate on the plumbing too.

9. Vandalo

Vandalo Minimodder

Hahahahah I would say yes :grin:

10. Vandalo

Vandalo Minimodder

New ups of the mod ...

I changed the pump fixing system. Given that they made noise I took anti-vibration feet together with an aluminum kit that houses the whole pump which is aesthetically much better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Definitely better but the feet I wanted to personalize them, they are too anonymous.

By cutting a copper tube I created cylinders in which to insert the feet to give a themed aesthetic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For two pumps...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Mizuwari

Mizuwari In vino veritas

Ooooooh! Tiny little feet! As nice as effective. Should we call them David "Copperfeet"?

The_Crapman, Dr. Coin and perplekks45 like this.
  12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

^ Three posts. Two are really bad puns. Surely this is a bannable offense? :lol: