1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

[​IMG]

IanW, Weekly_Estimate and damien c like this.
  2. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

[​IMG]

well technically not a purchase as a friend who borrowed my behemoth of clevo laptop decided to keep it and as payment this came my way as he never liked using ALVR with his steam vr games on it andhe found the weight too uncomfy and he has since got the valve index. i was set to list on the classifieds after i finished vader imortal but then yesterdays announcement happened so im gonna hold on to. if the usb c to pc works well for racing games and i can cope with the latency when using alvr away from my pc in the living room for other steam vr games

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What announcement was that?

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This one 'ere, where you'll be able to use the Quest as a replacement Rift for PC-driven tethered VR.

IanW and MLyons like this.
  5. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

yep, that do me nicely wonder if its possible to do usb 3 over ethernet that would be awesome for me as my pc room is preety much a shoebox atm :/

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

Wasn't planning on it....

I made a bit of a cock up there. I forgot that my 14 core got very hot when stressed on the 120 AIO in the Alienware, then went ahead and got a 16 core for the same rig lol. So I kinda panicked, but ended up OK as Scan have refurbs for £60. Still quite a chunk of cash but hey, it gives me the cooling I need and peace of mind.

The CPU arrived today from Japan but sod's law I'm home and it's at mum's. Not bad though. 4 days from Jap to the UK!

Yaka likes this.
  7. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

[​IMG]

not 100% sure it is really and all black MT350e gun box for my bike or just a resprayed one the seller swears its fully black gun case even did some deep scratch tests for me.
    once i get it i shall be able to verify it. now i just need 6 more bits to complete my bike prolly take another 5-10 years of waiting to get lucky on parts

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Couple of Switch games:

Untitled Goose Game
    Bastion
    Hollow Knight
    Skyrim - PLAY SKYRIM ON THE CRAPPER!
    Fishing Universe Simulator - it was on the top-selling chart at 90p, so... why not?!

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

HONK.

Byron C likes this.
  10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Pm2.5 Sensor
    [​IMG]

Noctua NF-F12 PWM Cooling Fan / thanks red
    [​IMG]

11. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

No beige... o_O

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Not a new purchase (ordered in March), but finally arrived:-

[​IMG]

Yaka likes this.
  13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

This must be popular as it is already out of stock. Should be with me by the 10th apparently.

Yaka likes this.
  14. Vault-Tec

OK upgradeitis itched.

[​IMG]

Also got this, as I wanted a card that doesn't overheat and disappear during gaming lol. I also fancied Bluetooth, as I currently don't have it on PC

[​IMG]

OK so the next bit wasn't obvious to me at first. I started looking for bigger SSDs (can't run NVME in current form) because the 120gb got to about 60% full then starting whining about not being big enough and I somehow accepted it to compress everything so now there's annoying bloody arrows on everything. I'm going to reinstall any way. But what use is a 120gb SSD for anything else? OK it'll hold one game, whoopdee do. In other words it would have been tossed to one side and never used again. Then the idea hit me...

[​IMG]

Why not just buy another one, RAID 0 it and have a 240gb boot drive which *is* big enough and flies because it's in RAID. Best part, only £22.

Got a huge frame for my Roller Coaster movie poster from 1977 (41"x28") in oak

[​IMG]

And the kit to hang it.

[​IMG]

15. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

Yaka likes this.
  16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

A 12 month prepaid prescription certificate.
    Pleasing that by my maths it'll save over £100, not so pleasing that I need it.

17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

The garage project has begun....

2 X 200W solar panels next up battery and charge controller foraging.

[​IMG]

Yaka, [ZiiP] NaloaC and MLyons like this.
  18. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Build thread please

Been looking into this sort of stuff, very interesting and seeing as my step lad is an electrical engineer I want to get him building one with me

[ZiiP] NaloaC and MLyons like this.
  19. legoman

legoman breaker of things

This will occur, not for a while mind, need to finish clearing the garage out properly for starters, was chatting on the discord about how to get lighting under the garage door etc so lots of testing and prototyping.

It will go up, ill bung a mention your way when it does, nothing fancy just a 12V system.

Arboreal and goldstar0011 like this.
  20. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

photo graph your progress and and start on thread m8, i think theres alot of intrest in solar stuff

[ZiiP] NaloaC and Arboreal like this.