1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Eric Bana Hulk - We've come a looooong way/10

Wow. This film has not aged well at all and I'm not even talking about the cgi. The production value, cinematography, constant quirky multi scene cuts. Just an unpleasant re-visitation of a movie I quite enjoyed previously.

Or maybe I just watch to many cinema sins. lol

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

F&F: Hobbs & Shaw - 8/10

What an utterly ridiculous film. Every aspect of it was the embodiment of 'turn it up to the limit and rip the knob off'. Loved it. The worst aspect of it is without the usual F&F supporting cast all distracting you all the time, the shortcomings of both Dwayne and Jason are on full display.

But it was very fun.

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

NOT.
    POSSIBLE.

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. creative

creative 500rwhp

Watched a few recently!

Aladdin: nah /10
    What a load of crap.... lol.. or should that be more 'not my cup of tea'. terrible CGI, terrible acting and its a musical... that in itself was enough to make me turn it off.

John Wick 3: 8/10
    a body count to rival rambo!but not as good as #2

Endgame: 8/10
    Not the epic ending I was expecting, a bit boring at points but overall a fitting end to phase 3.

Alita Battle angel: 7/10
    I enjoyed this. No idea about the anime its based on so I could enjoy it for what it was.

Tolkien: 7/10
    Docufilm about the writer... not a bad watch tbh. Not my usual film I like but it held my interest enough.

5. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

we went to see the lion king reboot with my 4 year old

its the lion king, we all know how it goes down, it doesnt waste nearly as much time with musical's illustrating dumb crap, beyonce forgets to act half way though but it was fun

as far as aladdin, have not seen it yet, cant be any worse than the ego fueled vomit fest Robbin Williams hour that the 90's cartoon was (ps I hate everything that man is in, its like listening to a coke head trying to be funny... oh wait...)

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Not a Movie per se, but well:

The Boys - 8/10
    This is brilliant. A great antidote to the MCU/DC overdose that's going on in the last few years. Not suitable for kids at all (and not advertised as such at any point), loud, impolite, and fun to watch.
    Ever so slightly "activist" at one point, but that gets made up for again in just straight-up violence and dark humour.

LennyRhys and xaser04 like this.
  7. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance - 8/10

Narratively it's probably a few episodes too long, but that doesn't matter as you bask in the craftsmanship and talent that it took to bring the world to life. Watch it with your kids; Even if you think they can't handle it, as an 80's kid, I assure you they can.

Yaka likes this.
  8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Alita: Battle Angel: 7/10

Surprising amount of fun. The CGI on Alita was a bit uncanney valley, but I got over it pretty quickly. Plot isn't exactly award winning stuff, but it was a surprising amount of fun.

goldstar0011 and Yaka like this.
  9. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Last Breath - AAAAAAAAAND BREEEEAAAAAATH/10

Docu-film/feature length documentary/really long documentary about a saturation diver who gets stuck at the bottom of the sea with no oxygen, comms, lights or navigation after the ship he is tethered to drags him across/over an oil structure, causing his "umbilical" cord to snag and snap.

Pretty intense, and definitely makes me even more unlikely to ever enter a deep body of water. Opens up a whole area of work I didn't even know exists, though - so much wiki'ing was done after!

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

John Wick 3

Kick ass / 10

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Rambo: Last Blood: hell yeah!/10

cliche plot but who cares? old school violence is the ****ing best violence!

12. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Toy Story 4 8/10 aside from the dumbing down of woody, and buz being sidelined to a bit part role its not a bad part of the series seems more aimed at the people grew up watching than for kids. the jokes were not hilarious and the whole "lost toy" angle was bit against what the series was about.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Papillon 2017
    Can't hold a candle to McQueen and the 1973 version / 10

14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Avengers End Game.
    About as wrong as a fat Thor /10

15. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Breaking Bad season 1-5 i missed a ton of eps back when it was airing on tv, decided to watch it all on netflix due to the up coming el Camino movie. but this time round i think Walt is a complete nob.
    not sure what to expect of the movie as alot of the series had variouscomical elements uptill season 5 and with what jessie has been through it can only be some thing logan esque.

16. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Hellboy : Must admit I was looking forwards to this but after the bad reviews was kind of dubious. Bought the Blu-ray version and have to say it is excellent and captured the original comics really well. It is nowhere near as bad as the reviews made it out to be 8/10

17. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Joker: sad/sad (100% sad) - Absolutely great film, amazing acting by Joaquin Phoenix. It's just so sad, such a sad story. It'll make you sympathize with the person that was before Joker, not in a violence inciting way as some special snowflakes on the internet would make you believe, but in a shitty life, broken system, horrible support for the mentally ill and how the world expects them to behave.

18. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Joker 1/10
    Hated it. I was completely bored all the way through. The only thing I did like about it was the idea that
    his laugh was a medical condition (although it only came close to being the maniacal Joker laugh we know and love in a couple of places)
    Also,
    I always though Joker and Batman would have been roughly around the same age, given their age differences in this film I wouldn't have thought they would have much of a fight

It just didn't feel like he was the Joker
    (The director has now said in an interview that the character Joaquin is playing isn't necessarily The Joker, but may be the guy that inspires the real Joker. so it all seems a bit (intentionally?) ambiguous

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That just sounds like a weak excuse to keep making DC films featuring The Joker being played by different actors each time.

20. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

i thought it was genrally accepted that joker was older, i remeber reading a few story archs eons ago that suggested so