1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trumpet Blowing 2019

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Shirty, 27 Jul 2019.

1. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Shirty - you'll have to enlighten me - is that 1431W on one rig (which, at 53% load, would mean you have one uber PSU !), or is it the total load across your rigs as seen on a UPS?

2. DocJonz

Welcome to my world of electricity usage(!) - though 1431W is a bit lame in comparison :hehe:

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

What do you reckon you're currently pulling from the wall? I'm guessing somewhere between 1550-1800W based off what I know of your setup(s).

Budgeted an extra £200/month regardless, should cover it easily!

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I reckon if the stars aligned on my current setup and each GPU got its optimal work unit, it would hit 9M ppd (or 11.5 if the gaming rig was folding too). As it stands I seem to be fluctuating between 7.5-8.5.

The 2080Ti has been a mixed blessing. I have seen it vary from 1.55-2.75M ppd depending on project, a much bigger variance than any other card I've ever folded on. I can only assume that some projects are simply unable to leverage the power.

4. DocJonz

At the moment: on the 5 rigs Folding (the test machine won't be on for much longer) and the other 3 PCs running (but not Folding) - 2276W :brrr:
    (This is quite low compared to 2016, when I was using 110kWh of electricity per day and had 10 rigs Folding ...!!!)

5. Shirty

Yes, that is the definition of insane. I trust you have a favourable energy tariff...

In other news, the stars aligned a little while ago. Got some much more valuable work units being crunched at the moment, I even briefly saw 9M pod!

I usually get lumped with six 14180s, which are middling in terms of payout.

6. Shirty

Finally passed through the half-billion mark on the last update :rock:

dark_avenger likes this.
  7. DocJonz

Congratulations :thumb:

8. Shirty

Stats are FUBAR at the moment, always seems to happen just after I install new hardware too :rollingeyes:

In other news, just cleared out the cupboard I've been shoving boxes in to as I've built up the folding rigs... box pr0n.

EDIT: Just snuck inside the top 1000 on the last update. I mean, it'a a milestone of sorts.

Last edited: 7 Oct 2019
    dark_avenger likes this.
  9. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

Next update will put me in the 100mil club :rock:

10. Shirty

Good work. I've reached that break point, the no man's land between 690,000,000 and a billion. Be a few weeks before I see another climb up the charts.

dark_avenger likes this.
  11. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I've just noticed my output has been 0 for the past couple of weeks, haven't touched the folding PC and just see that it's on so assume it's fine. I wonder what happened, will have to check when I get in tonight!

12. Shirty

Nightmare! I have to keep checking in on my setup, I simply couldn't justify the expense of keeping this all running if I was getting failed WUs or stalled clients.

There have been quite a few infrastructure issues/upgrades in the past few weeks, one of those may be at the root of your issue.

It's well worth the time to bookmark your EOC page and check in once a day, or if you're more obsessive you can tinker with HFM.NET.

13. DocJonz

Nice job dark_avenger :thumb:

I must be of the more 'obsessive' variety - as you are also of course :hehe:

14. Shirty

I think investing several thousand in hardware probably qualifies as obsessive (or just plain nuts), whether you use HFM or not :p:

15. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

So turned on the monitor and unlocked the pc and it seemed to be sitting there waiting/failing to get a WU?
    Didn't have time to debug so just turned it off, better than wasting the power, but hopefully I'll try to have a look at it soon, as won't be able to keep doing it much longer (meant to have sold the 2080ti August/September haha)

16. DocJonz

F@H had a server glitch in the recent past (at Temple University) which was causing new WUs to fail to download correctly, causing rigs to hang - I had loads of issues when it happened(!) I expect you may have been hit by the same issue.

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

*takes breath*

*blows trumpet*

*makes no noise*

My first WU in a while will complete in a few hours...

...it's something I guess.

18. Shirty

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

You say that now... but the client is crashing left, right and centre... Also cpu only so...

20. Shirty

Just passed the billion mark, although EOC will have to wait until 3pm to reflect this...

:clap:

Big Elf likes this.