1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Been there, done that - although, thankfully, mine just needed a quick element replacement to be back up and running:

upload_2019-10-18_14-17-34.png

legoman likes this.
  2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Yeah, Id need an element fan, and cover, plus a new pizza mine has bits of fan and element wedged into it :hehe:. its damaged inside the oven so just replacing on a safety side (bits of element embedded to the glass)

Replacements appearing Sunday thankfully I can fit that myself

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  3. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Thought my rocker cover gasket had gone on my E60, turns out I'm just crap at topping my oil up and managed to spill some! Gonna treat myself to a funnel....

4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Permission to LMAO...? :D

5. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Permission granted! May as well join my missus with the whole finger pointing and laughing....

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Wrong thread, please ignore.

Last edited: 19 Oct 2019
  7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Something something first world problems; Opel/Vauxhall continue their trend of making me think they're **** by not supporting flac files on their dead-dog-arse iLink system.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Fell flat on my face with Tre the other night. I wasn't even drunk. Laughed it off but ached yesterday. Then the phone rang at mum's and I raced to get it. Knee into her wooden bed over I went again. lol getting old sucks. I also got a bum deal on a vertical pcie mount only I'd cut the case to bits before finding that out.....

God it looked good though, so I'm going to bite the bullet and get a new one.

9. legoman

Lots of OEM's wont I find. Reminds me, on my list of fails last week also the car stereo seems to have gone kaput on the entire left side.
    Its weird the RCA Out front and rear are both dead left channel only. Sub channel that both left an right, fine thump away nicely, in fact with more power than when it was all working. Because logic!
    Going to ferret in the garage later I know I have another one somewhere to just be 100% its not me being thick.

liratheal likes this.
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sounds like the left amp channel has died, rather than anything to do with wiring. Subwoofers are generally on a separate channel to mid & treble.

11. legoman

Yeah thats my thinking, you touch an RCA to any right channel you get a pop from the speaker, left you get nothing so duff channel. Found a quicker test, RCA to 3.5mm jack converter, works totally fine.
    Did think it was that as having three amps and suddenly loosing the sound one one whole side.

Amp1 uses the front RCA's an powers the woofers an tweeters, Amps 2 powers a mid each side using the rear RCA's. The Amp3 is running the sub bridged.

Had the door off connections are all solid, amp status lights are OK too so all very confusing.

12. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

What headunit have you got @legoman ? I have a Kenwood KDC-BT73DAB that used to randomly lose all audio output over the RCAs (wasn't using the built in amp at all) until I updated the firmware on it and it's been fine ever since.

13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Can highly recommend the Corsair one. Went from a cheapo eBay special to that and there was a significant bump in performance.

14. legoman

It's a pioneer avh-x490dab, they claim it supports usb stick so you can update the firmware but none seem to work.
    You can plug any in an it'll refuse to see them, plug in a phone an it's fine but it won't let you explore the files.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Cat's back from the Hyperthyroid Cat Centre, but despite having been absolutely fine there he's thrown up twice since being home - this morning losing his entire breakfast all over the kitchen floor (which, at least, was easier to clean than if it'd been in the carpeted living room...)

The only thing we're doing different is giving him Whiskas 11+ wet food, when he was having Royal Canin Gastro at the Centre. So, guess we're switching to that. At nearly a quid a pouch, two pouches a day... ouch.

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

MadGinga likes this.
  17. Gareth Halfacree

Ta - looks like it's about a pound dearer than Fetch.co.uk, where I just bought a 48-pack, but I'll keep it in mind 'cos the prices are bound to vary over time.

18. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Glad you cats home :)
    SWMBO breeds pedigree cats, and one of the primary pieces of advice we give to the new owners of the kittens is that any transition in food should always be managed and gradual, otherwise you will have lots of anti-sock "squelch" mines left around the house...

Also, do you have any house plants? as ours have a tendency to nibble leaves if there stomach is slightly upset which exacerbates their need to expectorate and chunder...

19. Gareth Halfacree

Good call: might keep him on the Canin for a bit, then start mixing in the cheaper Whiskas to see what happens.
    No, no house plants. Some plants in the garden, but he hasn't been out since coming home as far as I'm aware - and the massive gert vom pile this morning was purely his breakfast and lovely stomach juices, no sign of grass or leaves or what have you.

20. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Might be inclined to suggest keeping him in 'til you are sure his stomach has settled back down. Never know what they can/do eat when they're outside!

Gareth Halfacree likes this.