1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

One of my cats once vommed prodigiously all over my keyboard. That was unpleasant.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I can only imagine. Could have been worse, mind: could have been a laptop keyboard...

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

One of ours left a "present" right outside our bedroom door, guess who's toes it squelched between this morning? :blah:

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

One of ours decided to "blood eagle" a small rodent all over the kitchen yesterday.

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

True, although I reckon cleaning flakes of Kit-e-Slop (other catfood brands are available) from between the keys of a laptop keyboard would have been easier than on a desktop variant, notwithstanding the potential for the liquid content of the feline vomitus to kill said laptop - at which point cleaning would be pointless and the laptop would go directly to the bin without passing Go or collecting £200.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  6. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

@Gareth Halfacree - we mix the food we give our cats, dry and wet, Royal Canin dry food (large bags are cheaper per kg) and Purina Gourmet (in gravy) wet pouches (varies between £5 to £8 per 12 pack depending on specials). They graze on the dry food and get two pouches in the morning (two cats) and one in the evening, the balance seems to work as long as you have water around the house for them to drink. There is usually some of the wet food left over each day so we could even drop them to two pouches a day if needed but their weight is stable. As a treat they may get Whiska's dry food or a very small amount of Dreamies but these are definitely the cat version of junk food.

Our female cat will vomit if she eats too much wet food in one go but that's rare. We're lucky that both cats are grazers who will eat across the day & night, if your cat is a guzzler who wolfs down all food available it is a little more tricky. Too much wet food can cause vomiting, some cats aren't suited to the richness.

Different cats have different tolerance to different foods (one of our cats loves cooked chicken, the other raw chicken, neither will eat the other). Figuring it out takes time and experimentation.

Last edited: 22 Oct 2019
    MadGinga and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I swear I wronged someone in a previous life or something...

Parental unit this morning announced I cant fit a solar panel the the garage, for two reasons. One she doesnt like the look of it and it will reflect to much an blind her (all lies). An two, apparently we are selling the house an if I fix it to the garage we wont be able to take it with us, apparently the cables wont be able to be removed from the garage wall.
    So thats cheered me up immensely this despite her whinging the other month about how dark it was in the garage (the whole reason for it)
    Set to on Mk2 idea after the car battery died on me other day I noted the car battery changer has a lovely quick connect. So looking at a battery box basically, but with outputs for lights etc.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Android phones often default to "charging only" when you plug in a USB lead. You have to tap on the USB logo on the phone's toolbar and switch to "Transfer Files" or similar in the settings.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Didn't know they did one. I got phanteks. Should be here tomorrow :)

10. legoman

Yeah it popped up giving options of charge only, file transfer or photo, chose file, HU wouldnt see it, tried photo, still no. Even paided out for a Pioneer approved USB stick formatted it how they said, plugged it directly into the USB port no cables. Still wouldnt see it. Gave up at that point as Pioneer were adamant i was using a USB lead and it was that faulty.
    Oddly though it would see the phone plugged in using what the term "app mode" so using a Pioneer app on the phone which give you very limited access to anything. Its mainly there so you can use maps. But you have to pay to use the tool for the maps so never bothered.

*Edit, New HU in, same problem. Great!

Last edited: 22 Oct 2019
  11. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I swear our cat has started developing a taste for more expensive cat food &/or human alternatives (tinned tuna, et al) as she's got older... wonder if (what I call) 'plastic cat food' doesn't do it for her, any more?

12. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Ours can't stand wet pouches in jelly, only gravy will do them, luckily there isn't a price difference. However, they absolutely love the Royal Canin dry food and it does cost a little more (hint, buy in bulk). That said, it is probably one of the healthiest cat foods out there.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

One of my Bengals could only have raw chicken. Anything else gave her bloody diareah.

Then again she was an F2, and early gen semi wilds usually have a quirk or two. She was a dear little thing I really miss her.

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

We alternate our cats between Royal Canin and Harrington's, always dry. They are 15 and 17, both in good health with good teeth.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

We used to give ours wet food only as a treat, but he developed a urinary tract problem and we were advised to increase his wet food intake (and thus his moisture intake.) So it's special Royal Canin Urinary dry and, usually, Whiskas 11+ wet these days.

16. Vault-Tec

Science plan is good too. My Rapunzel used to love rabbit flavour.

17. legoman

Kidney infection. YAY!

18. Gareth Halfacree

Remember when I thought I'd pulled a chest muscle in my sleep? Seems to be getting worse, so I went to the quack. Costochondritis, innit. The 'fix' is basically "take NSAIDs and hope it goes away before you run out."

1g Naproxen daily. At least it should stop hurting soon!

19. Vault-Tec

If I wasn't disgusted enough with Fallout 76 my disgust just reached total abandonment levels.

They announced a while back that private servers were coming. I started to amass parts for it. Woohoo, finally we may get some quality time out of it.

Only no. The private servers are theirs and you have to pay $100 a year to use them. No option to just host your own, natch.

F*****g pigs. Greedy pigs. Everything good they were adding is also slyly added into that list. So they've finally made the game better, but it's $100 a year to get to any of it.

What unbelievable arseholes.

20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

But you could also pay monthly. At 13$ per month this is even more of a clear message to the players/community.