1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2019 thread - Season Over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 25 Nov 2018.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Alfa just confirmed Giovinazzi in their second car next year.

That doesn't leave many options for Hulk, considering that he has stated he won't go back to Williams, and I reckon STR looks set to retain drivers as they are.

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Nobody seems to have said it and seeing as it's now Wednesday there's not much chance if a spoiler, congrats to Lewis, love him or hate him 6 world titles is amazing and he is British.

I never liked Schumacher but he was a great driver.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Lewis is 8 Race wins and 1 WDC shy of Schumi at present, that's worthy of massive respect.
    I think the silence is not because people are unhappy about it, but more because they expected it... Bottas' shot was long at best

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

There's growing support on social media for Lewis to get a knighthood this time, not just another BBC SPotY.

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yeh, although a mathematical possibility bottas could win, realistically the championship was already long gone. Whilst he may be a complete penarse, he's a dam good driver. Bottas 2.0 was just not enough for Hamilton 44.09.7b

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Amusing stat for you

Number of times beaten by Maldonardo

Schumi - 0

Hamilton - 3

:grin:

7. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Slightly more amusing stat:

Number of times Maldonado beat Maldonado: 94

The only people that miss that idiot from the circus is the Silverstone food outlets missing out on sales of "Pasta Maldonado". Apparently it cost a lot and tasted bitter. Who'd have thunk it.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2019
    David, IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  8. legoman

Ideal world would have been Maldonado and Kobyashi on the same team, driving bright yellow cars sponsored by companies like Sabelt and Kidde fire safety. We can but dream.

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Petition for teams to be allowed 3 cars so Maldonado, Roman and Kobyashi can all be on the same team ??

i find im less enthusiastic about Lewis WDC dominance than i was for Schumi's though, maybe because Schumi usually had rivals from other teams competing for wins more often, maybe because i just enjoyed the sport more then, the cars just looked and sounded far better circa 2002

legoman likes this.
  10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'm just happy that he has thoroughly eclipsed Vettel. I was never a Schumacher fan - I don't deny his skill but he will forever be the "cheating German" in my eyes.

11. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I think we'll see the true measure of Lewis' skill in 2021, *IF* the regulations do what they're supposed to and level the playing field somewhat. There'll always be a delta between top and bottom teams but the top half of the grid should be a lot closer hopefully.

Love or hate him, you can't deny his talent in the car. I personally blank out his social media life because I think he's a tool; however, in the car, I'm his biggest fan. Metronomic precision and consistency. Incredible quali performances, finding lost time between runs in Q3. He's something special alright and all of us fans should consider ourselves lucky to have experienced his meteoric rise live on TV and not via re-runs 20 years down the line.

12. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Summat tells me that even if he won 10 WDC, it won't happen... if it was going to, it would have by now.

13. legoman

I think your right 2021 we will see the real talented drivers come out vs the ones who are relying on the car. You can see in some cars the drivers are consistently within a tenth of each other, I would say those are driver extracting the most time available from the car.
    Then you have the ones who have notable time disparities showing up either a poor driver or setup.
    I'm chucking HAAS and Williams into the latter, the cars are terrible and impossible to get set up correctly. One went down a cul de sac aero route which is fundamentally wrong, he other has a car with zero consistency to the point between FP3 and Q3 the car setup is wrong.

2021 is going to be interesting as its a semi clean slate, the only actual thing on the cars I dislike is the wheel cover. I didn't like them first time round plus they add an additional faff for the mechanics when changing wheels. But concept wise I like it, it looks like an F1 car, but more modern without looking like an FE car or too much like CART or Indy.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Vettel needs to be kicked out of Ferrari after today's race. He lost it.

16. legoman

Yup, but
    Totally deserved 2nd place for Gasley, he is so much more relaxed at TR. Also that Honda lump is running really well at that altitude Hamilton couldn't pull on Gasley up the hill, if anything at the end Gasley was pulling away. Great to see a third engine supplier delivering.

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Well, that was 50 laps of meh, followed by a jolly entertaining 21.

Gutted for Albon.

Ferrari though - lol

18. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Also FIA should be ashamed of themselves for not deciding on penalty before the podium ceremony. If Hamilton gets a penalty (which is most likely), they robbed Sainz of being up there.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

If Sainz gets Mclaren's first podium since KMag and JB in 2014 (coincidentally also because of Ricciardo's DQ from 2nd) he'll probably not be too upset about it.

#Edit.

And Hamilton is now classified as P7. Happy first podium Captain Eyebrows junior!

Last edited: 17 Nov 2019
  20. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Hamilton to receive a penalty

Dropping from down to 7th or 6th, ( F1 twitter says 7th, but BBC results say 6th )