1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Thanks. Scottish is still hard for me to process-it looks like everything did after my strokes.

The_Crapman likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Got my bedroom pc built. Took me 9 hours. Started at 10pm last night, worked through the night.

It looks amazing. 7 RGB fans going with the RGB front looks quite spectacular. Sadly the blue cables don't go with like 90% of the lighting effects but they are tidy.

I found a 1X ribbon and vertically mounted my Asus D2X. It looks really classy and matches the front panel perfectly. I think I'm going to RGB it as it has LEDs already.

Overall very happy with it. Very happy indeed. Was nice to have lots of leftover parts.

Will try and get some pics soon.

xaser04 likes this.
  3. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

We need pics dammit!!!! :p

I snagged one of the Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC's in OCUK's BF deals. Clocks to 1950 out of the box and hits ~70C in my current ITX case where, due to a lack of exhaust, it gets heat soaked (would be low to mid 60's on an open air test bench).

Also won an auction for an Asus Maximus XI Code motherboard. Should be here mid next week so I can get the 8700K under custom water in the Carbide 275R case. I am not water-cooling the GPU (again) as I tend to swap out cards quite frequently to test / benchmark.

Will now hold off doing any form of upgrading until next year (he says...) :D:D

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Nice haul.

Got myself my first decent laptop-Samsung ATIV Book 9, i7-4700HQ, 8GB DDR3L, GT 750M 2GB, Samsung 940 Pro 250GB SSD, 1920x1080 IPS screen. While I'm having OS problems with it, it's fast and doesn't set my lap on fire while I'm using it. I also love the dark blue aluminum shell it has. Wish it had come with a battery though. That's 45 dollars and a partial disassembly of the laptop. Think I might liquid metal the CPU and GPU (both BGA soldered) while I'm in there. This thing is nice enough to be treated decently.

5. Vault-Tec

Good card the 2070s.

6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Hell yes, even though I have had fun with a custom WC'd 2080Ti (FE) I am really liking this GB 2070S. Temps are in the mid 60's in the 275R whilst I can't hear it over the case fans.. (also has zero fan which is nice).

Only slight problem is the length. I had forgotten that the Pump/res combo I have (short EK DDC one) only just fit with the 2080Ti. This card is a tad longer thus the pump/res won't fit in the same place. Going to have to do some tinkering I think.

7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

On holiday for a week in a log cabin in the woods with no signal. Should be fun.

8. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Wait no signal... how'd you post your comment? Are you just on holidays at home and don't want any one to know? :naughty:

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Rather sad/geeky (oh wait I'm on a tech forum) but got a mention on Toolboxwars, gave a rough plan an they are very interested so having to up the ante. Toolcase with LED lighting, clock, bluetooth speaker and USB power bank :worried:

adidan likes this.
  10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I had to chuckle.

Now whatever the reason anybody may want to support the Brexit Party, even the most devout supporter must question their ability to spend money wisely. My EU National partner has had an addressed flyer posted to her concerning a General Election she can't vote in.

Yeah, that has tickled me.

11. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

According to the BBC News poll tracker, Brexit party support is waning, apparently now down to 5% from 11% when the campaign officially started. Hopefully they will win no seats and humiliate Farage, psuedo-man-of-the-people.

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

06:42 - "We've shipped your order"
    10:43 - "Parcelfarce have a package for you, come get it from reception"

HOLY **** LET THE WEEKEND BEGIN! :rock:

[​IMG]

13. Vault-Tec

Don't ask Alexa If she takes it in the rear. I thought I'd broken my Show 5. Screen went red for about 30 seconds :D

Mr_Mistoffelees and adidan like this.
  14. adidan

Alexa blushes? TIL.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  15. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Called into MD's office yesterday, gets me to close the door.
    We're creating a new job role, would you like to do it, well, you are.

Going from a nice comfortable, minimal customer facing doing a job no one quite understands to managing an entire departments stocks and forecasts, having staff and meeting with internal managers and external senior people at some of the countries the biggest customers.

No pressure but make it work!

adidan, Vault-Tec, MLyons and 2 others like this.
  16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I have a savings account for the first time in about nine years. With stuff in it that isn't lint and 'one day..'.

17. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Got a statement of intent. They haven't told me T+C's (including pay, bonus, ect, as they need to figure it out and they have been off for thanks giving), but they have verbally offered me the role.

Pretty excited.

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I'd contacted a solicitors about my hernia shenanigans to see about compensation, I'd had to send them a timeline of everything that had happened in the last 18months l for my case to be reviewed, see if I would need to make a complaint with the culprits first before they could do anything. Got a letter today to say they were happy to take my case up right away which is a bonus, don't want this to drag out too long. Also said they'd want 20% if taken up as 'no win no fee'.

But to top off this sliver of silver, found out I'm also covered under one of my partners many insurances and assurances for medical negligence legal fees, so I will end up getting all of the compensation, should I be awarded any. Might even help with the wedding if they get their boots on!

Last edited: 3 Dec 2019
  19. adidan

@The_Crapman that bloody hernia of yours, hope you get to see a few pennies to take the edge off the pain you've been put through.

Mind you, i think we may have to have words about what you'd want to spend it on :lol:

20. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Don't worry. If the cheque is fat enough I'll put up a 'dream setup' thread for everyone's input :naughty: :hehe:

liratheal and adidan like this.