1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

IIRC in the main repos it's 390 on Ubuntu Bionic [18.04 LTS]/Mint 19, 418 on Ubuntu Disco [19.04] or later.

EDIT, the bionic-updates repo has 430 and 435, but not 418 for 418 you need to get it from the PPA or download it from nvidia.

Last edited: 24 Nov 2019
  2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Was pressured to make a decision regarding expanding the storage in the server; so chose based purely on space required.
    Disks arrive - realise i wont have enough sata data connections; panic buy sata expansion card (and cables - almost forgot them!).
    Card arrives - realise don't have enough sata power connections; panic buy some extension cables.

Fit all the above, server is now unstable :(
    UEFI bios sees all drives, windows sees all drives - but cant add to storage spaces or use to create new.

dang dang and double dang.

How the f do i fix this clusterfudge?

EDIT: Think this needs its own thread!

3. RedFlames

can't log into the online banking because my phone is fritzed...
    can't use the card reader widget because my card is fritzed...

...need to log in to the online banking to order a new card.

ffs

4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Online banking on a PC...? Ignore me if 'phone is for 2FA.

5. RedFlames

Phone is indeed for 2fa.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

Srsly, I had to come home from work because it was so bad... Working from home (even if I could) wouldn't have saved me either, because there's still no comfortable position to be found when I'm sitting at a desk.

Also this:

Lots of fizzing noises - never a good sign when you're talking about high-voltage cathode-ray tubes and high power caps/transformers - followed by a distinct smell of ozone.

7. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

You let the magic smoke out. Not supposed to do that.

It installed 430. I have a browsing/PPSSPP machine now. At least a kind redditor is sending me a Win10 ISO flash drive so I can fix this thing.

8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Me too, on Sat I was almost too uncomfortable to move. That was after a Chiro appointment on Friday. Apparently I have joint locks neck to lumbar. Appointment late tomorrow and one on Friday. He shifted 2 lasrt time, but at least one was solid.
    You have my sympathy B

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Sympathies, I did mine in a couple of weeks ago because I stupidly stroked the cat.

Yeah, one of those random no reason to disable me activities had me literally crawling on all fours for a day and a half with another week of gradually getting upright.

Days of spikey mat and copious stretching managed to sort it, but yeah sympathies - it's no fun.

Fun fact, for some reason I can now stretch further when i bend over to touch my toes, can almost get my palm to the floor. Odd.

Arboreal likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Must be something in the air. Ever since pulling an all nighter to do my last build on the living room floor my lower back has been terrible. Screw getting old !

11. adidan

Aye, the pros and cons list of getting old seems to get lighter on the pros side every day. :rollingeyes::happy:

Arboreal and Vault-Tec like this.
  12. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Spent the weekend with a sore back, but that had nothing to do with what was in the air. It had all to do with my 4 year old who climbed into my bed during the night and proceeded to make and defend his claim to the middle of the bed.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oo, and I discover this morning that my shower is dead. Breaker hasn't tripped, but the power light doesn't come on when you pull the switch.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Dehumidifier in the office apparently filled *without* triggering the "I'm full" sensor, then peed all over the floor - soaking a bunch of boxes on the to-do list. Lovely.

15. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Boot drive not found when I Switched from a Z370I Strix to a Maximus XI Code last night.

An hour of trouble shooting later (switching drives, only one drive installed etc etc) and I was reinstalling Windows... Eurgh.

Fortunately everything important is on the NAS / Steam backup drive thus I can afford to just reinstall whenever. Still a pain in the rear though, specially when the issue defies logic.

Also really odd issue with what felt like V-sync/G-sync being disabled on my monitor despite everything set as it should. Looked like windows were juddering and had slight tearing. 3D applications were fine so it was just 2D. Clean reinstall of the latest Nvidia drivers solved that so.... 'eh' *shrugs*.

In different news I also forgot to take my Milkaid tablets (lactose enzyme) last night when having a curry. I am lactose intolerant thus today is not very pleasant... :sad:

16. adidan

So you're going with the "it was the dehumidifier" then?

Ok. Gotcha, right, ok. Understood. :winking:

17. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

In the absence of a 4-legged sentient, makes sense to blame any aqueous based device.

18. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Now now. The Whiskey weeees are a myth. You know that... ;)

adidan likes this.
  19. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I've had this once before. I put a large subwoofer right next to a dehumidifier. Bad move: The big magnet in it messed with the magnetic float switch that turns it off when full. Luckily I caught it early as there isn't much of a limit to the amount of water it can dump out given enough time.

Also the irony of using the dehumidifier on high to help dry the stuff the dehumidifier got wet was not lost on me.

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Lactase pills are life! I get mine from Bulk powders, think I paid about £30 for 540 pills. They seem fine I can have one an chug some milk without wanting to curl up an die a few hours later (or the next day)