1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

People keep suggesting those tablets when I tell people i react badly to cheese [which invariably means doubled in pain, feeling like someone is trying to rip my kidneys out]...

...lactose is not the problem.

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Such irony would have made a lesser man snigger at Gareth’s post.

Not me though. I’m srs bsns.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  3. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

When lactose intolerance decided to come into play, my farts could clear rooms and peel wallpaper off. My digestive tract is classified as a chemical weapons factory.

Oh and I was recently diagnosed as having celiac's so yeah. Double whammy.

I wonder what's up next.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Alliums probably...

Feed you a cheese and onion pasty and you'll be a WMD

Last edited: 27 Nov 2019
  5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Three course death

Pea Bhaji

Chicken Tikka with Garlic rice

Tiramisu

It would be akin to open filling a fuel air bomb while smoking a pipe and running a bbq

6. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

No cheese sammitch for you, then...?

7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Partner just got taken into hospital again, I've lost count the amount of times its happened now. It just feels like a constant firefight of things going wrong... I'm tired, emotionally drained and I need a bit of a break quite frankly.

One day at a time.

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Hey snap! Been a coeliac since birth so just over 33 years now..

Whilst the food options are better I find eating out anywhere to be an absolute nightmare. I get badly affected by mere contamination which makes things interesting when a restaurant says something is Gluten free but is prepared in the same place as the normal food.

9. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Inflamed. Sciatic. Nerve.

All the ouches.

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Completely escaped my mind to post it here during the event (mainly due to the ridiculous amount of pain killers I was taking...).

Had a very badly infected tooth/jaw over the past week. The infection set up in my lower right 2nd pre-molar, a tooth that I had trouble with a while ago, and got down into the nerve bundle in my jaw to the point where part of my chin went numb and my ear started to hurt. Was given antibiotics (3 x 500mg per day amoxicillin), but they didn't seem to touch it much. Last Tuesday evening, my gum actually went pop and needed some serious cleaning up (proper nasty), and I managed to score an emergency cancellation appointment at my dentist's on the Wednesday.

I was booked in for either a root canal or an extraction, depending on whether the tooth had stiffened back up in the socket. Would have preferred to have the root canal as I had a full set of 32 teeth still, not too bad going for 42. Turns out that it was still a little loose so out it was coming. 4 numbing injections, 1 in the joint of my jaw, 1 in the outside of the gum, 1 in the inside, and a final one right town the top between the teeth, right through the infection. I made some sounds on that one that a big fella like me should not be heard making, far too squeaky.

She popped the tooth out like it was nothing, did a great job. Now I am not quite back to 100%, the whole not eating for a week with antibiotics and a bucket-load of pain pills did a bit of a number on my inner workings, but the gum is closing up nicely and I am back to eating a bit more again.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Gamma shenanigans. Couldn't get the in-game gamma adjust working on Jedi Knight 2 no matter what I tried. Ended up needing to use the Nvidia control panel to make gamma adjustments because the game is being a bitch and I'm not pissing around with VMs to run older versions of Windows.

At least I've only a few more things left to check off the list ready for Friday. Want to test out using a lavalier mic instead of a boom-mounted condenser, and need to try and quickly whip up an Atari-joystick-to-USB-HID converter. I'm a bit unsure about using the monitor I've chosen though; it has some serious ghosting, but it's the only 4:3 monitor I have access to.

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Hang in there dude.

Yup, one day at a time - had to apply that in the past and no doubt in the future. It does work. It's no fun party time but it does work.

Also if you can somehow find someway of switching off your brain for a little while, even for five minutes, that can help. Easier said than done mind.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  13. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Whilst the issue is not annoying me now, it did around five minutes ago. Someone in my house doesn't know how to flush a toilet, its a really large pet hate of mine and I can't for the life of me work out why someone is so damn lazy they can't be bothered to flush the toilet after having a Richard the Third!

14. creative

creative 500rwhp

Work.... well when isnt it and least I have work to whinge about... lol

Bushfires: Still going on and one is now only 35km away from my location. Favorable winds at the moment but we started getting scorched leaves landing. Thats never a good sign! Sister had to evacuate after my past post about it and got lucky at being only 5km from the frontline.

King Hits: Not only did they have to contend with the bushfires 2 weeks ago, our family friends are now sat in a hospital by their sons bedside after being king hit by a group of 4 on a night out for his 21st in surfers and left in a critical condition.... The family is very, VERY community related and well known for what they do for the area so thankfully they have them rallying around to support them whilst 2 have been arrested for the attack.

15. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Someone left their cut pubes in the house toilet the other day, had to have some challenging words with folks..

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

On the plus side at least they were in the toilet

17. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

You can never get all the pubes in the toilet somehow somewhere they'll be a random pube just chilling, watching, waiting.

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Covert pubic spies...:eeek::worried:

Jake123456 and Hex like this.
  19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sink full of boiling water and bleach. Made a cup of tea with 6 sugars (large cup and I mean large). God knows what I was thinking. I usually make coffee with 4x spoonfuls of coffee and 6x sugars but I only ever put 1 in this massive cup for tea. I guess I could have poured it down the khazi but I didn't want to waste it..

God it was horrible. Like sucking on sugar cane ffs.

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

How do you drink that without your heart exploding through your eyeballs?!

The_Crapman likes this.