1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete ⭐ MODZERO ASHEN - PARVUM SYSTEMS X3.0 CUSTOM (V2 IN PROGRESS)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MODZERO, 25 Jan 2019.

1. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Looking forward to sharing more of these...

[​IMG]

J.

2. Yury

Yury What's a Dremel?

Little big mod, this is beautiful congratulations

3. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Thanks buddy! Final shots are incoming... lol, there are a lot of em.

J.

4. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

[​IMG]

UPDATE 8.0 - MODZERO ASHEN V2.0 COMPLETE

I love building PCs, well, I love building the PCs I choose to build. The older I get the harder it is to find the time, pull things together, the longer it takes to finish these types of projects. As time goes on new modders/system builders enter the game and raise the bar (awesome), its never been competitive amongst each other, but often your skills will be reflected by your sponsorship opportunities (makes sense). I have always built around the products I want to use. It is those, that are often the focal point or the inspiration behind a project getting made. Be it a new case design or innovation, a radical GPU cooler design, line of WC fittings or blocks. As such, I can only afford to build myself a new rig every couple of years and even that is with the great support I've gained from sponsors. 100+ hours go into these (most of them) and I'm proud of each and every one. Over the last couple of years, I've been able to build a few for friends (NOT SPONSORED) which have enabled me to keep the 'MODZERO' brand (if you will) going between personal projects. As anyone with any sort of social media presence will know, content is king.

ASHEN was inspired by a set of KEY CAPS I bought for my FILCO TKL. It was made possible by PARVUM being able to provide a truly unique customer experience. Absolute customization based on pre-existing great design. They are the ONLY company that offers this and there is a reason. I believe its a near-impossible business model. With no huge investment, be able to offer, design and deliver 100% scratch/modified cases at a marketable price point is so hard to do. It's certainly hard to do it well. They are not new to this, being perhaps responsible for some of the greatest builds of the last 10 years. I'm a fanboy sure, and I'm standing by them.

SPECS

CASE: PARVUM X3.0 CUSTOM ITX
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
    RAM: HYPERX DDR4 3200MHZ 16GB
    MOBO: GIGABYTE AORUS X570I PRO WIFI ITX
    GPU: AMD RX 5700XT 50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION 8GB
    PSU: SILVERSTONE SX650-G SFX 650 WATT
    SSD: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 512GB & 860 EVO 500GB

NOCTUA NH-D9L + NF B9 REDUX - 1600RPM PWM
    NOCTUA NF-P12 REDUX 1300 PWM

EK-Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT D-RGB - Special Edition
    EK-CoolStream SE 120 (Slim Single)
    EK-Torque HTC-12 - Black
    EK-Torque HTC-12 Color Rings Pack - Red
    EK-DDC 3.2 PWM (12V PWM pump)
    EK-DDC Heatsink Housing - Black
    EK-CryoFuel Clear (Premix 1000mL)

FINAL SHOTS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm really happy with the result, looks great! performs even better! having a CPU tower cooler (NOCTUA NH-D9L) means I've finally got airflow over the MOSFETs and that DDC pump. I can tell you... when it was just a CPU loop that bottom corner of my build would get so hot the LEDs in the RGB strip would fail! Now, with gentle airflow, it's comfortable to the touch and the temps are good.

I like it so much, I'm starting over! Not joking.

MODZERO SEVEN will be complete early next year. I'm taking all the hardware from ASHEN and putting it in another Parvum ITX case. This time, it's the Parvum R1.0 ITX. It'll house the distro from ASHEN all the X3.0 design improvements with the added benefit of housing two 240mm radiators from new sponsor Alphacool Watercooling. A full loop from EKWB and six Noctua Redux SP120 fans. oh, and an integrated Aquaero 6!

ASHEN will not be retired though, I love its retro/enterprise (ish) design and so I've designed a pedestal add-on to mount 2x 5.25" bays with hot-swap drives. A SAS controller card, Quadro GPU and more Noctua cooling goodness. ASHEN V3 will become my UNRAID server.
    Furthermore, MODZERO DYNO is almost ready to kick off. My Razer themed 0-11D build is set to be something rather different from my ITX norm. I'm going big, loud (design) and shiny. Be ready for it.

These three projects will be 2020 for me.

Huge thank you to the companies that have continued showing support. AMD, NOCTUA, SILVERSTONE TECH, PARVUM, GIGABYTE and EKWB!!! you guys are awesome! <3

J.

censored_Prometheus_ likes this.
  5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You are not done yet! Straighten that cable comb coming off the gpu. :lol:
    Other than that, It came out absolutely perfect. :thumb:

6. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Hahah! Tell me about it! That the true reason I'm binning this build! Ha... I'm done with combs.

#freethecable

Thanks for replying to the build log.

J.