1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

My solution to secret santa has always been to feed the note with the name into the shredder without ever opening it.

One year they thought I was bluffing, the chaos was glorious when they realised that nobody, not even me, had any idea who wasn't getting a secret santa present this year.

IanW likes this.
  2. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

or a box of floppy and say they’re bottle coasters.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I shall have to give that a watch when it comes out. James Acaster's repertoire is phenomenal, you may identify with some of it, the rest is just bat **** crazy.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I honestly don't think I have one anymore. If I did, I would. Although knowing my luck it'd go to someone who was building a retro PC.

Ah, there's an addtional spanner in the works here. So rather than it being for someone (Which, IMO, would make it easier - I can think of a few things that I own that would be useless to everyone for different reasons), we all do something, and it gets given a number. Then we pick numbers out of a hat and bam. That's our "Gift" as it were.

If I had some, that would be a sterling idea.

Noted!

5. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

-Find a reduced advent calendar in the shops
    -Open all the doors up until the day of the gifting (more the better)
    -Wrap
    -Present

Dr. Coin likes this.
  6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I'm sure that I have a 6GB Quantum Bigfoot kicking around somewhere.... :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Vault-Tec likes this.
  7. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Update on the i7 4790K:
    The bloody hunk of scrap-circuitry is alive! Turns out, the CPU wasn't compatible with the bios of the board I used to test it.
    After updating to the latest version, the test PC boot just fine. I'll just have to find a replacement for the Z97-P which shouldn't cost more than a 100$. :)

Arboreal likes this.
  8. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

My old Z97X board ran out of BIOS updates in ~2015, iirc...

9. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

In a house full of adults (if thats the case) there is no excuse for it. In my house with three kids it was one of them, neither of which are admitting who the poopitrator is.

10. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Evil idea. I like.

11. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Sigh. Up at 4am this morning for the Dublin flight (for work), busy (but productive) day meeting & greeting new clients, treating the Dublin team to an xmas lunch, visiting in-laws (would be shot if I didn't), last flight back (so delayed as usual), it's almost 1am and I am wide awake posting here waiting for the whisky to kick in...

Edit: and just to make it worse, last week I ported 3 numbers from EE to VM, was supposed to go through last week, didn't actually happen until today (2 of them) whilst I was in Dublin, plugged in the third one when I got in tonight and got an instant text message from VM - oops, something isn't right with your switching request, call us on etc... last time I called them I lost an hour of my life on hold, looks like another hour lost in the morning....

Last edited: 10 Dec 2019
  12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Wait until they grow up and get their own place, then go round and deliver them an upper decker.

Just make sure you've had lots of fibre so it disintegrates if they try picking it up.

That ought to fix it.

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I have a partially consumed Toshiba advent calendar..

Although I was pondering last night, and decided on this;

[​IMG]

It's an old bootloader Nano, so it annoys me that I have it, the screen was too small for the original purpose so now has sat in the bottom of my electronics box for at least six months.

I thought about making it scroll one 'no' per language I could think of, but thought that might be too useful.

The actual item is all soldered, so no useful breadboard or power distribution thingy.

wolfticket likes this.
  14. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Nightmares and tummy ache for a 14 month old - 3 hours sleep (of which maybe 1 was proper sleep). In work. Not enough coffee in the world.

15. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Poopitrator, haha I absolutely love it. Yeah it is a house full of adults but I'll be moving out when Easter comes around to a 2 bed house. I cannot wait for the freedom!

16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Got a message from my mum last night to say my nan had a seizure on Sunday and she has been diagnosed with lung and brain cancer - she won't be coming out of hospital.

They are doing a good job of keeping her comfortable, but it's hard work trying to figure out what I can do while also juggling an unwell baby, mounting work load, very little sleep and all the other usual stresses that come with this time of year...

17. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

@Wakka , mate I am so sorry :(

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@Wakka ,so sorry to hear mate.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

upload_2019-12-11_14-52-1.png

Excueese me, Casio? What do you mean straps are excluded under the warranty? It's a sealed watch with a ten-year battery, other than the strap what the hell else is likely to break?

Not paying £19.03 to replace the strap on a £19.99 watch. Not buying a replacement either. Guess it's back to checking the time on my phone for me!

20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I believe straps are rarely covered when it comes to watches + warranty.
    Guessing because they can often be removed?