1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Had the same moment at the LA Science Museum back in 2016. Endeavour has a building to herself.

Mr Happy likes this.
  2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

[​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

A tube of Kryonaut for this laptop.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Got a Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard (60%) as an early Christmas present. Well chuffed with that. Below is the ANSI model, I have ISO with a proper Enter key.

[​IMG]

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

This weekend got REALLY 'spensive! Deposit paid on this for delivery late March / early April.

[​IMG]

jinq-sea, yuusou and Yaka like this.
  6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sold my bedroom pc as it was kinda heavy. Was worried I'd drop it getting it up 152 steps and 7 flights with turns lol.

Got XB1X gears 5 ltd ed, Rage 2 and a free £30 turtle beach headset (same as the one I have now) for £315. Then got RDR2 steelcase, so that'll be next. I've finished TLOU now and was going to move into God of war but I'll do RDR2 first as it's supposed to be amazing.

Dead chuffed .

Yaka likes this.
  7. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

id do god of war first, as RDR2 is a much longer game no matter how you play it. also for rage 2 if and when you stop save game and quit make sure you have a project dagger mission ( main story mission) and if you have the final mission to do do it then save dont qui . other wise like me and many many many others you will be stuck with no way to activate the very last mission unless you start over from scratch

also got 5 of these wanted 6 for the bathroom as the old gu10 lap were on the blink but screwfix only had 5 instock, extremely happy with them think box says 540lm but seems like its much higher and it clamps the the ceiling much better very easy to fit. now the mrs is nagging me to get some more for the hall way, kitchen and dining room

[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Dec 2019
  8. Vault-Tec

Noted.

God of war means colder living room on sofa 1080p.

RDR2 means toasty bedroom, Uber comfy bed and 4k.

I'm just playing through the free dlc side story on TLOU, then it's RDR2 time. It's a perfect winter game from the look of it. And it's startling how amazing it looks on the 1x at true 4k and sometimes higher.

There's a year between the new Xbox too, so I don't think I've made a bad decision. I've got a Scorpio in the living room but it's hard wired into all sorts of CM tubes that are screwed to the back of the TV cabinet. Also it has overheated twice and shut down during BL3 boss battles which is super annoying. So I decided to buy a second one for the bedroom which hopefully won't do that.

It doesn't do it in any other game.

I've also ordered a hard carry case so this unit can come to my mother's house with me. As I say, the Scorpio is kinda hard wired and has an enormous HDD enclosure that makes it bulky and really heavy.

9. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

take your living room one out side and give all the vents a good blast of compressed air
    also try getting some cabinet fans ac infinity do a good set or wire your own using pc fans. consoles since 360/ps3 have had **** cooling our ps4 pro sounds like a tornado jet with some games and xbone scorpio is getting to that level

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

There few things some people love to do more than hate something.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Couple of watch-strap stays, 'cos the one on my Casio's busted and they wanted £19.03 to replace it (on a £19.99 watch - I divnae think so, pal.) Fingers crossed they'll last a bit longer than the factory version!

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Turtlenecks all round!

I did see recently see a news story about the ram in the Pro, but I'm not falling for that one again. And I don't have the willpower to do any research on it.

I bought some case fans because my current ones are non-pwm and are playing silly buggers with the fan controller. So that'll be fun.

13. Vault-Tec

It's not in a cabinet it's on top of one. I've never heard it spin up or get loud which is odd. It's not dusty either.

I *think* it's the external HDD tbh. It's sat right on top of the Scorpio with no vents and does get very warm. It's also sat with a sloped roof about a foot above it.

If I turn on my room fan and aim it at the console from 15ft it stops overheating.

As I say it's only ever happened in BL3 during boss fights. Which is annoying when some take up to 30 mins.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I haven't seen a Xbone X in the flesh, but on my recently-acquired Xbone S the intake vents for the fan are on the top when it's laid horizontally - and thus would be blocked if I put a hard drive on there. Is that not the case for the X?

15. Vault-Tec

No. The X is solid on top and vented on the sides. But, the 3.5' 1tb drive does get like, notably warm.

That said my console has a bit of a past. I bought it about 18 months - 2 years ago and it had to go back for repair back when. It's always been a bit iffy tbh. It was second hand when I got it also and the warranty has finished now.

liratheal likes this.
  16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Having spent far too many hours looking at a One X to then not buy one, I can confirm they're solid on the top and toasty under extensive load.

17. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yup. Nothing like a good poopooing to cheer me up.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Who doesn't like a good poo?

Oh wait, that's not what we're talking about, sorry....

As you were...

Vault-Tec and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  19. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

20. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ