1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. Zak33

Zak33 Staff Lover of bit-tech Administrator

For the record.. Diane Abbots foot wear was genuinely 2 left shoes. And she is genuinely batshit. And she geuinely put me off even looking at the red team.

And the fact that Jezza laid that down and had a go with it, even all those years ago, is equally bad.. and yes I can be that shallow. I genuinely can be put off voting for two people when I think of them bumping uglies that makes me feel actually ill

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Wow.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Corbyn's brother is taking it all well -

[​IMG]

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

...okay, I have to admit, when I was compiling my list of reasons people might have voted Tory, "because they found a woman unattractive" was definitely not among them. So, add that, I guess. <sigh>
    Ah, Piers Corbyn. Combining the very worst of Jeremy Corbyn and Piers Morgan, apparently.

RedFlames, MLyons and edzieba like this.
  5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I thought we would've gone for something like vodka what with the Russian connection and lack of grain, juniper, and other stuff. ;)

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Whereas the thought of Boris Johnson sleeping with... well, pretty much anything that has a vagina makes you want to reach for the baby oil?

So instead of the well-meaning but slightly batty womany you opt for the sociopath. Hey, it's only the future of your country at stake, is all.

EDIT: this is how the human brain works. We find it really difficult to parse information for plausibility (because information can be pretty complex), so we tend to parse the source of that information for credibility. We try to work out how genuine the person appears. Unfortunately in our primitive mind this basically equates to likeability. Boris Johnson appears likeable because he is not smooth-talking and slick, but appears as a relatably flawed human being, a bit scruffy but straight talking, with a kind of avuncular it-will-all-work-out-in-the-end optimism and contagious enthusiasm. A bit like your best mate rather than your bank manager. Whereas Corbyn is more like your secondary school teacher, all serious, dull and stuffy and slightly moralistic and preachy. Of course you want to believe Boris more. Of course Priti Patel makes a more attractive Home Secretary than Diane Abbott (admit it: you'd do Priti).

But the reality is: we're crap at telling whether someone is lying to us and we're not great judges of character. Sociopaths slip right past us. And Boris Johnson, make no mistake, is a sociopath. Don't believe anything he tells you.

Last edited: 17 Dec 2019
    MLyons likes this.
  7. Nexxo

True, dat. You can distill a decent vodka from potatoes. And the UK will need a quick, efficient way to get drunk.

8. RedFlames

Except, iirc, based on the description of 'Victory Gin', it's many many things... Gin is not one of them...

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I always thought of him as a future version of Jacob Rees Mogg that somehow flung itself back in time and then caught it's fingers in a plug socket.

Now it can't remember what it is or how it got here so it stumbles around mumbling about the weather.

10. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

I like to think of her in a positive light like being the first black woman MP, working hard combating against racism (wasn't long ago Rudd called her 'coloured') and greater ethnic minority political representation. Her achievements are overshadowed by today and I think that's a shame.

11. RedFlames

It takes decades to build a reputation, minutes to destroy one.

12. Nexxo

I hear it works the same with countries.

BA_13 and MLyons like this.
  13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

There's a global process at work, countries are becoming a thing of the past.

Elected representatives haven't pulled the strings for a long time. If they ever did.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Anyone surprised? Anyone? No?

15. RedFlames

The only surprise is that some people are still surprised by them pulling crap like this...

16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Me sir! Me, me, me.... Oh wait, no, it's just constipation. Pass me a manifesto.

Corky42 likes this.
  17. RedFlames

'But you can vote them out again'

...Zac Goldsmith and Nicky Morgan say 'hi'.

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yup, all started as expected.

19. Nexxo

Neal Stephenson was right:
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile: poetic justice will find a way...

Last edited: 17 Dec 2019
    adidan likes this.
  20. rollo

rollo Modder

Amazon, google, Apple probably are very close or already surpassed most government's In power, there combined worth is higher than most countries GDP

some tv shows have gone into what happens if super companies take over, the results are usually pretty bad.

See what happens in the future, brexit is now a given we can all pray for a decent deal

biggest take away from this election

we need a change to the voting process as first passed the post is awful

and giving voters a choice between 2 idiots is never the best idea