1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Asus pg279q issue. (video)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Otis1337, 29 Dec 2019.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

So i upgraded my system a short while ago from x58 intel, to B450 Ryzen.
    I never had this problem before the change but now i get this flickering and loosing of signal intermittently with what seem to be no triggers. It can happen in in or out of game although it does seem to happen more when in game but this could just be a coincidence as i play games most of the time on the PC rather than anything else.

Now i know my motherboard does have BIOS issues, its well documented on reddit and MSI forums but the newer BIOS's have improved the instability a lot, and i think the monitor signal issue got better with the newer BIOS's but i cant be too sure, maybe a coincidence?

Anyway, does this look like a monitor thats dieing? maybe it needs new capacitors?
    I had an old Samsung monitor before this that was doing some thing very similar and it needed new capacitors. it gave it another 5 years of life after that.

Thanks for any help or opinions.

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Hopefully someone will chime in with a better answer but i found this YouTube video that shows pretty much the same thing happening.

And based on the comments it seems the monitor maybe up the duff (broken), have you tried plugging the cable into another monitor to rule out it being the cable or computer?

This comment caught my attention though...
    Not knowing if the quality of DP cables is a thing or a placebo like some people say audiophile cables are though i couldn't say for certain if that's it.

Anyone?

Otis1337 likes this.
  3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Thanks, I tried a new cable from the stock one, fairly expensive one and made no difference.

4. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I had the same issue with this exact screen which I still own. I solved the issue by swapping out to a Dell DP cable I had lying around and no more issues. Confirmed by testing supplied cable and the issues came back.