1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education The weight loss thread

Discussion in 'General' started by mansueto, 25 Feb 2013.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

There speaks a cyclist!

Speaking of which, I'm starting this year at 92.2kg, which is the heaviest I have ever been. But I feel better than I did at 78kgs, although my climbing pace has probably gone down a fair chunk.

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I'm the heaviest I've ever been, this time last year I was 10kg lighter and fitter. The other day I tried putting on a pair of jeans I bought then and thought they were the missus'.

Not particularly motivated for much rn.

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

A true cyclist would have only given the weights after the pre race poo. :lol:

adidan and Guest-44638 like this.
  4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

One of my old dad's many horse racing 'systems'.

"Look in the paddock son, see which horse has a poo and bet on it. It'll be lighter."

Yeah, not a great system for horse betting :)

5. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

That works for cats, too - Christ, do they seem to get a burst of energy after 'making a deposit'...

Dr. Coin and adidan like this.
  6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

When I was time trialling, having a pre-race dump was the cheapest way to save a little weight.

legoman and adidan like this.
  7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

So that's why I never won anything...

8. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

its only too late if you have accepted "your fate", around the time i decided to make a proper go at losing weight i was in a very bad place, could hardly walk was told during a visit to the GP for a health check up i was heading to an early grave two years on after a very very hard first year i am in a much better place health wise from 29 stone to 17 stone. the first few months i really thought it was over for me. its the hardest thing i have done

i think the worst thing for any trying to lose weight for anyone is that you end up beliving it will be easy and it will be quick. its not easy its very hard and mentaly you take a alot of hits with feeling down and defeated its some thing hardly anyone will mention

9. legoman

I remembered, there was a study done that people who needed the toilet managed mental tasks more quickly than those who didn't. I wonder if the same is true for exercise? Bar the risk of doing a Tom Dumoulin, scrambling out of bibs is not easy!

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

One of ours has a habit of exiting the dump box with such speed that she has been known to knock the door off. She then cleans herself up all shiny again and tears around the house for 5 mins or so. Wouldn't be so bad, but she weighs 6Kg (post dump for the record - and not fat at all - Siberian x Ragdoll) and she's kinda clumsy...

11. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

"Human taken out by 13½lb furry bowling ball!" - imagine that as an obituary...

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

gained negligible amount (0.4 kg) over the holidays which I'll consider a win.

adidan likes this.
  13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Haven't checked yet :worried:

14. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Think I went down slightly which didn't really surprise me.

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Preach sister!

Pretty much the same boat, went through a fitness phase early last year. Smashed out a 2 stone weight loss and this year I'm heavier than I've ever been in my life.

I feel like I'm bulging out of clothes that once fit me great, I've really embraced the dad bod. Last time I stepped on the scales I was 15st 7lbs, last year my lowest weight was 13st 4lb and I felt immense... I got way to cocky thinking I smashed cardio and building muscle would be a piece of piss... eating like a fat kid was easy. Eating the right things not so much...

I really wish I had the motivation to kick beer but its pretty much my only guilty pleasure in life... cold... beautifully refreshing... empty calories... beer. Nothing beats it on a Friday night after a long hard week at work...

It has to go, I'm tired of waking up tired and lethargic. I felt amazing last year and I need to feel that way again, here's to sweating like a boar on the cross-trainer!!!

16. legoman

Managed to loose a whole 1lb, woo! Been on the bike trainer and out in the real world biking.
    Forgot just how savage the trainer is I swear the bike needs a service, I'm more tired after 12k on there than doing 45k on the road.

Have sourced a fan though so I don't over heat.

17. sandys

sandys Multimodder

First weigh in after getting back to business -8.5 lbs, still some work to do to erase the blip that was December, weight chart looks like a Ski slope

[​IMG]

Yaka likes this.
  18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Nice work!
    Managed only a single gym session this year so far so not a great start but I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things soon enough.

19. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Another week, another weigh in, -3 lbs, don't expect the next one to be that good, going to smash a bucket full of beer and junk food for celebrating birthday etc :clap:

Still plenty of time to get back on it.

Yaka likes this.
  20. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I did not update last week but I was not wrong..with my assessment +6.5lbs it can go on so quick and easy :duh:

Got straight back on task though and this week -6.5 lbs :cooldude: targetting a 4lb drop next week to banish the christmas/new year mess I got myself into.

I made the step to visit the gym after last weeks excessive increase, more than just visit, I actually used it :eeek: :grin:, only did two 30 min sessions in my lunch hour during the week but more than I have been doing for a while and it was pretty intensive cardio session (well for me :grin: )

I have been paying this gym membership for a couple of years........it's good to use it for more than just a weekend swim with my daughter.

In fact, this morning I made an effort to get up early and did a swim before work :eeek: nice change, sat in the office feeling quite alert and good inside rather than the normal morning slow brain.

Mr Happy likes this.