1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics HD5970 'Fixed all problems with latest official BIOS' (Added latest vBIOS in post #1)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 7 Apr 2010.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply. Somehow missed your post...

Just go ahead and use the normal OC Sapphire Bios, as the others are dead again. (Stupid 4Shared site has deleted them again...) :)

Thanks, I will have to look for another upload site, as 4Shared has deleted them again. Any other good upload sites you can think of? And I will look into uploading the links again. :)

Cheers,

Simon.

2. erythnul

erythnul What's a Dremel?

I managed to download the 800 one just fine from 4shared. Thanks for the reply Simon, i will start with the sapphire oc one first *crosses fingers*. After that i reckon that my card will be treated as sapphire instead of asus, right?

3. erythnul

erythnul What's a Dremel?

Ok! Managed to flash with the sapphire oc bios just fine in my first time. So far seems stable and all is good as pie.
    Thanks again!

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

That's good news, I'm glad all the links are working. :)

As for your flashing your card. It will now be a sapphire HD5970. :)

Excellent. I'm glad it sorted out your issues. :)

Cheers,

Simon.

5. timoftec

timoftec What's a Dremel?

Hello
    I get computer freez and BSOD with muy Gigabyte 5970 when running 3D games in full screen mode
    As i've managed to understand only the slave GPU is making problems on my system.

I have a Gigabyte 5970 and i would like to update the BIOS, is it possible to send me the files for Gigabyte, the download link posted previously won't work.

I changed driver version from 13.1 to 11.5 but the problem still exists

Do you think if updating the bios would solve my problem ?

Thank you

6. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Replied to your email. :)

Let me know how you get on. :)

7. tamachii

tamachii What's a Dremel?

Hope this topic is still alive, i ressed my old desk that was shiped from the country i was living and i'm getting the random freezes on my sapphire 5970 2gb oc edition, i tried every solution i could find(memories are fine, power supply is a 1200w one, temperatures doesnt go past 70), the last one i tried was the vgpu bios from the 1.20 to the 1.26 but i still get random freezes, the only thing the vbios update removed was the screeching sound before the freezing... so the only solution is getting another video card ?

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

5yrs late... But yes I would of RMA the card. :)

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

[​IMG]

Guest-44432 likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

This thread simply confirms how silly I used to be. Crossfire fixed with a bios update haha. Then years later it comes out it never worked properly and skipped and dropped frames. All the while people were claiming to have "no issues" yet I had bloody loads.

modd1uk likes this.
  11. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Well, this stuff makes for a great read from all those years back. Shame the pics get deleted over time from the image hoster... :D

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Jan 2020
  12. Vault-Tec

Yeah. That's why I backed all mine up several times in three locations. I lost 99% of 20 years of my life in the USA when I came back :( never making that mistake again !

Here you go, this should bring back memories :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Jan 2020
    Guest-44432 likes this.
  13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

In all honesty, from how times have changed regarding cable management, and how cases have changed with the times. These older PC's look so dated now. I dread to think what my builds look like, if I found the old pics. :D

14. Vault-Tec

Those were bang tidy in those days :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cut that one up (the black ALX) and sorted it out properly inside. Cable holes etc. Don't have any pics here though. It was bang tidy time I was done.

Ah here we go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some Nvidia card with the Physx hack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That was bang tidy back then :D there weren't such things as sleeved cables and it was still cool to whack stickers everywhere :D

Guest-44432 and Bloody_Pete like this.