1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The Play:1 is not in scope for support removal in May this year but it's only a matter of time, they were released in 2013 - they stopped selling the Connect I have (CR200) in 2012 and that will not be supported from May.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Trying to scan in all my letters and stuff from docs/hospitals, the shitty scanner I've been left with just won't play ball. Scans one page fine, then will slap thick black lines down the left half. Leave it for a bit, give it a fonzie tap, i scans fine again. Next page back to black lines. **** this. Smacked it on the sofa arm, explosion, shattered glass everywhere. Right. That's that then.

Go to gather cleaning supplies, cooker alarm goes off, food is ready. Can't leave it like that, god knows where it's got to, cats paws will get cut to shreds if they walk in. I can't eat with glass everywhere. ****. FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. Slammed my fists down on the side board a few times, partially dislocate me left shoulder in the process but goes back in immediately. Break down into a sobbing heap against the shoe rack.

When I calm down and recover myself, spend god knows how long clearing up and vacuuming every inch on the lounge, flashing a torch everywhere looking for bits I've missed. Then finally get to eat my tea, which is now dry and scabby. I'm going to really ****ing hurt tomorrow. Shoulder already feels like **** and that's the side I have to sleep on to avoid my bad/worst hip, so i'll be on my back tonight, not sleeping, just in pain. Joy.

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Might have popped a lower rib doing exercises on the leg press, not loads of weigh but going for full stretch, the f**k is wrong with my body! Heart Attack for no definable reason, an on off tendon issue in my right wrist.

I just want to work out and get in shape!!

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Hmm. DO you feel a sharp stabbing pain in your side every now and again?

5. The_Crapman

Had my ultrasound and MRI. Had the ultrasound first, even though they don't press hard it's quite painful for me, then he managed to hit ground zero which was excruciating. Almost kneed both him and myself in face face recoiling. Broke down crying while then waiting for my MRI. A kind porter checked on me and got me a coffee. MRI lasted much longer than I thought it would, between 20-30 minutes. Was like being paralysed at a bad floppotron rave. Booked the next appointment after, but the Dr is only in every other Tuesday, so can't see him till 4th Feb, have to wait nearly 2 weeks. Still probably than NHS so shouldn't complain. Not that I think they'll find anything ground breaking, or that can be "fixed".

6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

M140 going in for its first service tomorrow. Not looking forward to the front desk service (terrible based on past experience) or the bill...

Also this recent cold (and damp) weather has made actually enjoying it somewhat "exciting". Massive slab of torque (~400lb-ft - not standard) + cold tyres + icy patches = somewhat tail happy with DSC on.. Not immensely fun when just trying to get to Tesco!

Looking forward to warmer weather as I miss exploring the upper parts of the rev range (well 1-3 at least as 4th would be VERY naughty speeds..), the exhaust note (Full M performance) can get quite addictive.

7. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

That says to me that you may have been pushing yer luck in 1-3... :p

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

lol, well top of 3rd is like 80 or so.... yeah. :D

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Horrific key chatter. It used to be an occasional irritation on E, but now it's a common occurrence on M and R; and E has become a one in three shot. I ought to take the thing apart and replace the keys, but I don't have any Cherry Silent switches and I just cba any more. Corsair keyboards can poke it.

I've tried dialling it out with the anti-chatter app, but... no.

So I've broke out the trusty Rapid-i.

Now I can't find my Goldtouch numpad, which is also now ruining my life.

Last edited: 28 Jan 2020
  10. The_Crapman

Still rocking my Rapid-i. Considering the absolute hammering I give the keys when typing and that it's been dropped more times than I can remember in the last 6 months, it's still going with little to no fault. I had thought about changing the the colours, but I don't think I currently have the patience for cutting out the 267 peices of acetate required :hehe:

adidan likes this.
  11. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Slow puncture in both front tyres on the 525i, 12v air compressor went *poooof* and proceeded to smoke after I nearly finished inflating them. Gonna have to pop to Halfords after work to pick up another one as I don't fancy using my track pump. MOT is due soon so will probably end up replacing the front tyres. The sad thing is they've got plenty of tread left on'em still.

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Considering the grievous bodily harm that has befallen inanimate objects around you over the past few months (understandably so) that, my friend, should be used as promotional marketing by the company.

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Able to get them checked, could be a repairable hole or bad valves, cheaper than new rubber for sure.

14. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I'll check if it's possible to get them repaired, good shout sir.

15. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I had a similar thing and changing the valves sorted it - think they cost me £8 each :) That was about 10 years ago mind

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Did a LOAD of tidying up yesterday (had a day off for a funeral) as we have a new mattress arriving on Friday. We neared to clear a load of space as both my wife and I have a load of apathy when it comes to tidying up (yay for lack of motivation depression stuffs...). Now my back is screaming (chronic pain from being hit by a car 25+ years ago) and I can barely sit in one position whilst at work. Getting up to walk around hurts like hell too as I have pulled my hamstrings carting stuff around to out of the way areas.

Still got loads more to do as the whole path from door to bedroom needs to be as free of stuff as possible and there are a few tight turns that I am not looking forward to maneuvering a king size mattress around. Still, another day off on Friday whilst it all gets delivered. Then there's just the rest of the £750 to sort out for the payment on it...

Oh, and I have to build 3 Ikea cabinets at some point too, so those are currently taking up more space. Yay, fun...

17. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

America. Exhausted.

Exhausted:
    I wake up at 8:00, either go help my missus at her job or at least drop her off.
    On the days I don't go in the morning, I spend the morning doing chores then go in the afternoons.
    Then I come back around 16:00, shower, have a work "stand-up meeting" at 17:00, then prepare to start work at 18:00, which goes on until 2:00.
    At best I get 6 hours of sleep, though that's never reality.

America:
    Her boss openly admitted to lying to her so that she'd accept this PostDoc.
    We moved half way around the world, I quit my job, we left our very nice flat (admittedly out of our price range once her contract was up). For this ****.
    He constantly lies, or simply says what you want to hear then doesn't deliver.
    Then has the nerve to demand she does work associated to what he lied about, and gets pissy about it. Fortunately she doesn't do those tasks. Good on her.

18. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Is it an Ikea mattress? They usually come wrapped up in a cylinder making them easier to maneuver.

19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Nope, 8-10" thick Silent Night pocket sprung jobbie, no way in all of heck is this thing rolling up anywhere. Hardest model that they do too (back pain thing again).

20. The_Crapman