1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm early Feb, too!

Got my presents to myself lined up: a PS4 Pro, ready for FFVII remake, and the Lego Saturn V.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  2. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

It always feels like there are a lot of Febs about. I figure it's a spring thing...

EDIT: Although my more statistically minded friend says this is an example of why you mustn't trust anecdotal claims.

perplekks45 and Byron C like this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Happy Birthday VT.

I spent my last one packing boxes, fish and chips sounds a million times better. :happy:

Vault-Tec likes this.
  4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's reasonable, super fresh (it's in a harbour where the fish comes in, hence the scene in Inbetweeners) and you can go en masse.

My uncle knows the owner, so we can reserve tables.

What better than fish and chips with mushy peas and buttered bread, followed by a banana split for less than a tenner?

Get in :D

perplekks45 likes this.
  5. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

A man with a fantastic plan and an amazing budget. Are you a malt vinegar fan or ketchup fan for them chips?

Happy birthday.

6. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I've not even thought about it, I might buy something from Knipex catalogue I suppose, but I'm sure I'd also enjoy building a Lego Saturn V :hehe:

Byron C likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Both. I'm a proper little sod for ketchup and vinegar :D

8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!
    Was it this time last year I was over and we had early birthday fish & chips??

That was a fine and filling meal, I'm really into mushy pea fritters on the odd occasion that we go to our local chippy.

It's 2 mins up the road, and the'll now take a phone order, (grumpy lady wouldn't in the past...), and you can time it to get in with no waiting.
    Perfect food for warming yourself on a grey chilly day.
    Thinking about it you share a birthday with one of my oldest friends from school; not sire if he's in the Emerald Isle or Oman at the moment... I know which I'd prefer in January

9. Vault-Tec

It is mate yes. I'll fine dine when I'm down your way but at home I'll eat fish and chips :D

10. Vault-Tec

Don't forget the last of us remastered.

Byron C likes this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Star Trek: Picard.

Yes.

**** yes.

****ing... YES. THIS is the Star Trek TV series I've been waiting for! 1 single episode is better than pretty much all of Discovery so far. Also his dog is called Number One and Number One is simply the goodest boi <3.

It's going out of production soon and I've wanted it since it was first released.

Yes, I'll certainly look into that. It is supposed to be rather good... I suspect there's a great deal I've missed out on by not having a console. One of the bundles I was looking at comes with God of War, and I think that just about seals the deal.

IanW, GeorgeK and Vault-Tec like this.
  12. Vault-Tec

Rather good.... Haha.

Top 3 ever for me. It's just an incredible experience.

Byron C likes this.
  13. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

'Avin it laaaarge, then...? :p Still a month to my 55th... which will be 'just another day'.

14. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I have to get a calculator out these days if someone asks me my age, and even then I still get it wrong half the time.

adidan likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Haha hey, you're autistic so you'll know how much fuss I like. IE - take me to the chippy and let me stuff my face, bring me home and let me sleep.

Damn man I remember once in the USA. They buy a cake and sing happy birthday. I got soooo peed when they got insistent and I proper threw a strop. That's really seriously not my bag. At all.

My father in law was Italian, so was very insulted. F that, be insulted, just don't force me to do your embarrassing neuro typical crap.

Thankfully they never did it again. Nice thing was they thought they were getting me back but I was chuffed rofl.

The worst thing ever ever is letting it slip that it's your birthday in a US restaurant. All of the staff stop what they're doing and start singing this awful song. Clapping, dancing. You look a right ****. Everyone stops what they're eating and states at you. Argh! Way to cause me a meltdown and make me walk out :eek:

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This isn't constrained to the US, it's slowly infecting the UK too and it can just.... **** off...

Masking takes a lot of cognitive effort, so my solution to birthdays - and many social situations - was to just get drunk. And I'm not going to read too far into the implications that's had on my life, because I've had (quite) a few drinks this evening and I'm quite enjoying being buzzed and listening to music after a week in work :thumb:.

17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

...I'm starting to think that this computing and technology forum is attracting an above average number of non-neurotypical members :oldconfused:

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Nah. Everyone's weird in their own way. Do enough digging and every human being has deep psychological issues. Some are just better at hiding it.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Pah, nonsense!

*cleans away last night's beer cans*

20. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

*eyes twitch in a sinister fashion*

The_Crapman likes this.