1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Still getting pissed about by natwest and unable to access my account...

Did i get paid? I don;t know...
    Can i afford food? I don't know...
    Have bills been paid? I don;t know...

Do natwest even pretend to the faintest **** about any of the above? No

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Must be something natwesty, I can get into my RBS account fine.

Also, got my pay rise confirmation today, post tax an pension addin, a whole 76p a day, what am I to do with these new found riches

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

A little while ago Google introduced a 'password checker' to see whether any of your stored passwords/usernames have been included in a data breach... I kinda ignored it, since my important accounts have 2FA enabled and a I have a separate really secure password manager for such accounts. But my imgur account was suspended from posting comments recently after some spambot had been posting dodgy links from my account. I am now verifying every single password flagged by google and OH MY GOD I sign up for a lot of crap! Most of the sites don't even offer the facility to delete or deactivate my account!

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Send them a strongly worded e-mail and mention GDPR a bunch of times.

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Found solution, I have the terminals with wire attached from another strip, that I spliced into this one to shorten the distance between them when connected and not have a bunch of wire and bulky connectors to contend with.
    [​IMG]

So "simple" solution, cut the rest off, splice in the other wires with terminals on, strap up and away you go.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excellent. Now I just need to test them. Only I'd stripped down the temporary test set up for full final installation amd mounted the cpu waterblock. Don't really want to turn it on and fry a 9900k that's not mine. Wait a minute, my motherboard has an rgb header! Nope that's 4 pin 12v, I need 3 pin 5v. Oh what about the Aquearo! No, no, 4 pin 12v again.

Balls.

adidan likes this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Now understand I don't know what i'm talking about but don't those old molex connectors for PSUs that end in fan 3 pin headers (are?) 5v?

Not sure.

7. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Today was a good day 'til I spotted this abomination on IMGUR...
    Burnt crepes? Ok, you need practice. Aunt Jemima syrup? Typical American but OK, I'll let it slip.
    Shortening in lieu of butter?! What kind of uncivilized monster are you?
    [​IMG]

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Where's the soldering iron?

Funny you've been playing with pins. I had a day of pins...

So basically when I went to install Aquasuite it was only seeing the Power adjust 3. This doesn't really matter because all of the fans are set up and the PA3 remembers. So does the Aquaero. However, without being able to see the Farbwerk I can't change the LEDs, and the Corsair ram farts more than enough for me. It turned into a three hour ordeal of shuffling around USBs and I had to make an internal USB to external USB cable which was a right PITA. I made it out of a 4 pin speaker extension and 1 pin extension. Took me ages, but eventually I got this...

[​IMG]

So after shuffling around again they all finally picked up. Then the Farbwerk made the USB disconnect sound and again I had to do loads of swapping around until it finally detected, AS put a new firmware on it and I was good to go. Well, after I got the errors to disappear like the one you see in the pic.

Four hours. Just to get some USB to connect properly. Go AMD they said, it'll be fun they said.

Oh, and then I measure up for a RGB shroud for my GPU. Only the RGB strip I bought from EK for £8 (100mm) is some whacky four pin but one blocked off and 5v RGB. Seriously, the f**k. My board has a 5v 3 pin (3 pins only, not spaced like this EK) and a 12v like the rest of my gear. Only no whacky 4 pin with one blocked.

I don't know exactly how many types there are of RGB, but I am about done. It's ridiculous.

The_Crapman likes this.
  9. The_Crapman

Not sure about the 3 pin? I can think of 4pin fdd, but also 4pin molex red is 5v. Don't know if it will power up without the 2 control lines connected. I've decided to just go with it. The job I did on these connections was WAY better than the ones I did splicing the 2 together, so I'd be pretty surprised if it didn't work. If they don't I'll just rip them out, I have 2 sets arriving tomorrow that I'll put in stock.

10. adidan

I was thinking of this type of thing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Evercool-E...ocphy=9041124&hvtargid=pla-646556203418&psc=1

Sure I have one knocking about. Give me a shout if you want me to look for it.

The_Crapman likes this.
  11. The_Crapman

No idea where the soldering iron is. It's a miracle I've found all the stuff I have for this build, all my PC stuff was moved when I was full cripple post-op.

That's the same rgb connection there strips have. I think it's a new standard for ARGB.
    [​IMG]

The z390 Gigabyte board has them and also has 4pin 12v rgb connections. The connectors on the strips themselves are weird proprietary ones, you then have to put an extention on them, one is the new one with a gap, the other is 3 together that I've not seen anywhere before.

Thanks mate. :thumb:

12. Vault-Tec

Yeah my Aorus doesn't have that spaced 4 pin but actually 3 pin.

It has a four pin and 3 pin. 3 straight pins like a fp header. One is 5v, one is data (these are addresable) and one ground.

I know what the board is pushing out where, what I don't know is how this strip is wired.

I'll figure that part out tomorrow and make more sodding adapters with more sodding pins.

Edit. In fact that picture you inadvertently posted gives me what I need to make the adapter lol. So cheers, inadvertently.

The_Crapman likes this.
  13. The_Crapman

Dpd on delivery number 5, I'm number 9, he's in my neighbourhood, so of course my bowels decide now is the time for the laxative I took 2 days ago to kick in.

Edit: I made it!

Last edited: 30 Jan 2020
    ElThomsono, Vault-Tec, Wakka and 4 others like this.
  14. adidan

:lol:

I swear delivery drivers wait until i'm in the shower or having a dump.

Actually that's not true, they never deliver early enough for when i'm showering.

The_Crapman likes this.
  15. The_Crapman

Part 3 of led sleeving debacle: Decided just to install them. If the worst comes and they don't work I'll just rip them out and install the new ones that arrived today. Only I can't. The sleeving and heatshrink has made them too bulky and stiff to install properly, with the correct orientation not wanting to rip the next one off. Great.:wallbash:

Now removing the sleeving and heatshrink from everything apart from the 2 peices I spliced together to shorten the cables. As my my old boss Bruce would have said: "lesson learned". :rollingeyes:

16. Vault-Tec

This is what I am up to today. Making this.

[​IMG]

Work with this.

[​IMG]

I have no idea why there are so many bloody types. Thankfully it's set default to 5v so I don't have to fish for the jumper. Though getting the connector on with a vertical riser in the way could prove tricky ffs.

17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I always find with the one hour time slot ones if I take a lunch break to cover said time, say between 12 & 1, they will come at 12:59 so I come back to the office late an get moaned at.

adidan likes this.
  18. Vault-Tec

Grr. LED strip was faulty. So it has 5, not 6.

It does work though and is more than bright enough.

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

This ********... still...

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Applying to jobs that I have more chance of meeting Elvis than getting interviews for.

#Edit.

Aaand the application portal has crashed, deleting the entire application back the state it was three hours and about 2000 words ago. Save button does nothing apparently.
    [​IMG]

**** this I'm coming back to it tomorrow.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2020
    Hex and The_Crapman like this.