1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well eventually got a new desk from Facebook, one of the L shaped desks.

It's bigger than I thought it was going to be but that has worked out great because it means my work laptop doesn't need to sit on top of the Xbox anymore.

Need to sort the cable management out though as I was rushing at 9pm to get it altogether ready for work at 6:30am this morning.

At the moment I have 2 USB hubs and a HDMI switch, so many cables to tidy later today, once that is done I will try to remember to post a picture, but it was £55 for a 1800x1600x20mm desk that probably cost over £300 new.

GeorgeK, Vault-Tec and The_Crapman like this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Finally got around to applying for an EORI number, and TNT kindly waived the £24 idiot tax on a £12.07 import VAT charge that I wouldn't have had to pay if I'd had an EORI number in the first place.

Should make life easier - and cheaper! - when importing review samples from outwith the UK!

Vault-Tec and IanW like this.
  3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Nova Launcher! **** you Google and your stupid f****** irremovable widgets.

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Nova is great. Being able to pap off the Google search bar is a godsend.

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Android 10, an I blapped off the search bar

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Holy crap this was a satisfying build...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little micro-figs are adorable...

[​IMG]

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

1,969 pieces too :grin:

Byron C likes this.
  8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

And worth every penny :)

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

[​IMG]

Byron C likes this.
  10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Are those normal-sized Lego figures?

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Was commenting more on the significance of the number than on the number itself :)
    Nope. You can see from the last picture that they only take up one stud each.

perplekks45 likes this.
  12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Nope, they're microfigs, rather than minifigs. Like the man said, they only take up 1 stud. They're also in scale with the rocket - the whole thing is 1:110 scale.

Oh god, now I get it! :grin:

Pretty accurate depiction of my reaction!

perplekks45 likes this.
  14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The desk work continues, I managed to clean up the wiring a little this morning, it is making me want to invest in some wireless kit for sure though.

Ignore the silly 1 curtain thing and the net on the window, got some work planned that I started and then ended up having to stop and not got round to finishing it yet, and the wiring under the desk my brother is coming round at some point with some stuff to help tidy it all up.

Need about £4K to £6K to do what I have planned which involves wall mounting my 55" TV, false roof with spot lights and speakers mounted in the roof, trunking up the wall in a corner for all the cables.

Build a single wood case for both pc's, and mount that to the wall and then wall mount monitors on a arm for both pc's, with a shelf like desk that can be folded down when not in use for the keyboard, mouse, joystick and other few bit's.

Wall mounted shelf to hold the laptop and xbox with cables sat there ready to plug in, but it means removing the window and getting a smaller one, bricking up the left over space and then fully decorating the room, with 1 wall being painted green for a green screen.

On the desk though you can see my most recent purchase other than the desk itself which is the Surface Go, it's only the 4Gb/64Gb model but it has been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and mostly get's used when I am away from the pc but it comes in handy for other stuff when I am using my main pc and the 2nd machine.

[​IMG]

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Fitted everything nicely into the R6. Also checked, I can go down to a 450w PSU. Which means I'll be buying a 550w to account for small changes. Which is nice.

Although I wasn't expecting glass on both side panels. Seems weird that the cable side is also glass.

16. The_Crapman

[​IMG]

adidan likes this.
  17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It took me far, far, too long to remember what he's saying in that scene.

But yes. Apparently I now have a case with two glass side panels, which is far more glass than I've ever had in a PC before. By two side panels.

Feels much nicer than the acrylic stuff of the old days.

18. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

Half-life: Alyx release date announced for March 23rd and I'm taking the day (or days) off of work.

19. The_Crapman

The stock shoddy brown porthole that came with my case does feel horrible. The custom 10mm acrylic side panel i made not so much.

20. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Not actually plugged into anything (monitor, peripherals etc), so no way of knowing for sure that everything is working as it should be yet, but at least the lights come on? Status LED on the mobo is green, so I can only assume there's no major faults!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Need to wait until next pay day, then i'll be ordering the last component (SSD) before I can properly into the BIOS and get everything set up/Windows installed/find out if there is any faults. In the mean time, got another couple of blackout fans to install and the last bits of cable management to sort. Should be fun!

cobalt6700 and adidan like this.