1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AOC announces Agon AG353UCG gaming monitor

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 25 Feb 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

That response time seems remarkably high - almost pipe-dream territory - for a VA panel. Good colours I expect from VA... good response times? Not so much.

It looks nice on paper, although I really don't need a 200Hz panel, but that price... ouch.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Telling porkies about response time (theoretical best case scenario under very specific conditions) is standard practice among monitor brands.

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

True. I've seen some monitors at work which probably get close to what they say they are (albeit they quote 4-5ms, not 2(!)ms) but they most certainly aren't VA panels. A couple are A- or H-IPS (I forget which), a couple are TN, which I can't stand because I prefer colour accuracy.

I have fond memories of VA panels (Dell 2405FPW) but while the blacks/colours were good, they were never going to break records in the response time stakes.

5. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

I’ve got a 34” ultra wide and although it’s nice for gaming, the lack of height eventually got irritating. Ultra wide at that res is great for general multitasking with multi windows.

Everything about this AOC monitor is lovely, except that res, and sadly 3440x1440 seems to be the in-thing at the moment.

Tags: Add Tags