1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Very generous this place is.

Arboreal and damien c like this.
  2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

A silly little boss fight in Wolcen. Whatever I do, I die. whoever invented boss fights in stages should get skinned, very slowly.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Not ruining but sadning and depressing, the people who seem nice, friendly and you could get along with, but then turn out to be a torch weilding moron from the dark ages. Why can't people just accept other for who they are?

kim likes this.
  4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Stressing a bit about a work trip that I have tomorrow, got to take a 4-5 hour train journey to London to attend a 5 hour conference and then get the train back an hour after... I don't even like spending 40 minutes getting the train from one town to another within Cornwall, so the idea of a possible 10 hour round trip on a train is really getting to me.

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Sounds like a looooong day.
    Hope you remember a book!

suenstar likes this.
  6. The_Crapman

Make sure you have a few things to do; a book, a magazine, something to watch on phone/tablet/laptop, a game or 2. On long journeys like that you're likely to get tired/bored of one thing so it's best to have backups. Also try and get up and walk about regularly. You'll be fine :thumb:

In episode 5,379 of hernia watch:
    Still hadn't heard anything from the doc about him talking to the radiologist and sorting out the pulse radiofrequency neuromodulation procedure, so have been chasing his secretary. Spoke to her again today, requesting the doctor check the radiologist has specifically looked for the missing mesh. 10minutes later she calls back, the doctor has spoken to the radiologist, he needs you to make an appointment asap..... :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow: So now I have to spend the best part of a week wondering what the **** is going on. Great. Thanks.

suenstar likes this.
  7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

His watch is missing. Can you hear any ticking when it's quiet? :p

The_Crapman likes this.
  8. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Yeah, quite a long day. I think it works out at roughly 17 hours in total... set off about 7 in the morning and providing there's no delays with the trains, I'll get home just after midnight.
    Definitely planning on taking a few bits with me to try and keep me busy. Luckily I picked up a light weight Lenovo Yoga Book off the marketplace last month, so I should be able to kill some time doing a bit of writing/doodling.
    Expecting the food quality on the train to be somewhat poor so packing a bunch of snacks as well.
    Good old medical professionals and their inability to supply patients with any useful information to put their minds at ease... hope it gets all sorted out okay.

The_Crapman likes this.
  9. The_Crapman

Snacks! How could I forget about snacks. :duh: for that long a journey I'd recommend 3 bags of sweets, 4 packs of crisps and a burger king for the journey home.

10. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

... ideally the whole 'shop' so you get plenty of choice. :D

11. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Farewell grandma. May you sleep well

12. adidan

:sad:

Sorry to hear your news.

13. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Cheers

Its a relief in a way. Her brain was closer to sponge than actual brain, **** you Alzheimer. At least she's not suffering any longer.

14. adidan

I understand, Alzheimer's is an awful effing thing, relief is a natural response.

In the near future you'll now be able to remember her as she was rather than as the Alzheimer's was, if you know what I mean.

bawjaws likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I feel like I've been poisoned.

Ugh.

Last September I decided to reduce down the heavy meds. My psych wasn't happy and wanted me to go on a new anti psychotic mood stabiliser but I had had enough of being flat. So I refused. I begged him to help me with my anxiety but he was determined to get me on another M/S.

I sacked him off, and as a parting gift before he resigned (he must have had other complaints against him) he sent a letter to my doc advising them to put me on this new pill I refused to take. I had had chronic anxiety all over Christmas, and was a total mess. However, all of a sudden my doctor reads this letter sent last October and changes my meds. I phoned them to tell them I didn't want them and wanted my old ones back (at half the dose) and she said "oooo, those are very powerful meds ! I don't think I can put you on those !" even though I had been taking twice that much for eight years. So she flat out refused, and I was in limbo.

Two months ago when my meds were delivered they had this pill in them I didn't want to take. The one I had flat out refused to go on. However, I had stockpiled some of my old anti psychotics and was taking a massively reduced dose to get me to when I could see a new psych (four months after the fact). I went to see him and early signs were good. However, after explaining to him I could not take large doses of XR (extended release) because it gave me crazy palpitations and landed me up in A&E no less than three times, he prescribed it any way.

Four days ago after feeling very unwell for 3 weeks I ran out of my other ones completely. Cold turkey, great. However, all I had now was a packet of mixed pills (I have to have dosettes or I forget to take them) with this pill in it I didn't want. I phoned him, he's not there. I phoned the doc, useless as usual. So I started splitting up the pills and throwing out what I thought was this new mood stabiliser.

11 days ago I felt very very ill. Both mentally and physically. I went to my mother's and spent 9 days in bed throwing up with vertigo and burning eyes and the worst headache I have ever experienced. I thought I was sick with something.....

So this morning the chemist turned up to deliver another round of these pills that are semi useless, and I explained to her that I had no idea what I was even taking as they are all small white pills and no one has been able to do anything. She refused to give me anything, so now I have nothing. She phoned me back and confirmed that for three weeks I've been throwing away my anti depressants and taking these poison pills I never wanted to take. So not only do I feel let down, f**ked over and very ill but I also feel violated.

It's really not a nice feeling.

Take something positive out of this. IE - thank your lucky stars you ain't me and have to go through what I have for the past six months. Thankfully I also stock piled a few Diazepam, because had I not I doubt I would be typing this right now.

I may be mentally ill, but I am certainly not stupid.

16. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Sorry to hear this. As @adidan says, Alzheimer's (and other forms of dementia) is a horrible, cruel disease.

17. The_Crapman

That's really ****ed up. I feel like doctors really need to listen more to howhat patients feel about the drugs they're taking. When I was on anti depressants about 8 years ago, I hated it, wasn't myself, never got excited, didn't give a **** about anything, really did **** all at work and missed an amazing opportunity to properly get my foot in in the games industry. Every time I told my doc he'd just ask if I felt depressed and as I did not he'd just say "well they're working then, get lost."

I missed a really important email this afternoon while getting my haircut. Only got back to him 40mins later and might have cost me an amazing opportunity. Absolutely furious with myself. :wallbash: AND I forgot to get them to trim my beard, stop me cocking it up :duh:

18. Vault-Tec

They do their training and it blind sides them, making them think they know it all and worse, know more about you than you do.

The worst are those that don't listen. I've had ten of them to one amazing one.

19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Quacks are not all bad. A few years ago I had had enough of the side effects of antidepressants having tried several types. I was getting severe headaches 5 or 6 days a week as well as similar problems to Crapman. My GP listened to what I had to say and took account of my recent history, then agreed they were doing me no good. She then gave me a schedule to come off them slowly.

Living in quiet spot on the edge of a village and getting a dog, has done me more good than any mind altering drugs.

Arboreal and The_Crapman like this.
  20. Vault-Tec

I live in a nice place. Lots of fresh air and my mother's is reaaaaally quiet when I go there.

Not allowed doge but do want.

I'd be dead if I still lived in London.