1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Hellboy The New One - It's a Thing That Exists / 10

Come back Ron Perlman, all is forgiven.

2. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Superman: Red Son - 6/10 and what if movie where superman lands in the good old ussr rather than usa had the potential to be so much better still an interesting take but still sticks to the 80s russia bad usa good formula. they really shoulda properlyadapted the graphic novel

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Did Batman still explode in this version?
    Also, did the ending still resort to timey-wimey ball rubbish?

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Jojo Rabbit - 8.5/10
    Legitimately, the best feeling film in ages. I know - a super accurate metric.
    The light-hearted mockery of nazis is there, but clearly not the star of the show. There's a serious story developing under all of it, and it's presented beautifully.
    This film caught me off guard. I knew the comedy aspects shown in the trailer were not the key of the film, but didn't know what else to expect. I didn't even hate Scarlett Johansson - and that's saying something in my books.

5. Xir

Xir Modder

While I prefer Ron Pearlman as Hellboy, I thoought the movie was very entertaining

6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Timebomb (1991) - not good, not good at all

I'm a Michael Biehn fan so trying to see other films he did, well I'm glad I didn't make the Mrs watch it too

7. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

yes to the 1st, no to the second

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

My complaint is that it just felt like it was relying on gore and '****' to get positive response. And then didn't do either particularly well.

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Fast & Furious, Hobbs & Shaw

Enjoyed Idris as a bad guy, but it's a tired old formula / series now that should be put to rest

Angel Has Fallen

Truly terrible end to the franchise. Please god let it be the end

Rambo Last Blood

Epic gore fest end to the franchise. Please god let it be the end, don't let them ruin the Rambo franchise.

Anna

Usual cold war assassin story, nothing special, nothing of note except to god awful bouncing time line throughout the film, oh and Helen Mirren makes a crap ruskie.

10. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

Antman & the Wasp

7/10 quite enjoyable really, i do like Michael Peña's stories where they all speak like him.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  11. creative

creative 500rwhp

The Joker: the jokes on you/10
    what a crap film.... starts slow, gets slower....depressing to the end... even the missus fell asleep to it!

Gemini Man: 6/10
    typical Will Smith film. plots a bit thin but worth a watch CGI was good in places... and really bad in others.... certainly better than Aladdin!

Rocketman: crashing into the moon/10
    overall a bit meh, probably like it if you like Elton John but certainly not one I would watch again.

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Chernobyl - the miniseries - 8/10
    This was fantastic. Slow, but without dragging along, or ever feeling like a chore to watch.

13. creative

creative 500rwhp

Sonic The Hedgehog: 6/10

Didnt have much hope for this but it was surprisingly fun to watch. Kids would definitely enjoy it.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The Expanse, Seasons 1-3: Amos, stop! Stop! You can't space them!/10
    The Expanse, Season 4: Plan C sounds like everybody dies/10

Separated as, while i enjoyed the entire run [thus far], Season 4 feels very different to Seasons 1-3. Not bad, just different.

legoman likes this.
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Part of that is probably where it takes place. You're not seeing belters in their normal environment, you're not seeing the Roci's crew together very often, much of the action takes place on a planet, and one minor thing for me was that changing the actor for Arjun was extremely jarring...

BUT. I've read the books and I am so looking forward to Season 5!

16. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Finally saw Jojo Rabbit — 9/10

Just a great movie. Moving, funny and, well, fun!

yuusou likes this.
  17. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

1917 - 9/10 awesome WWI movie it camera work is very good makes it look like it was shot in one take beginning to the end.

Jumanji: The next level 7/10 was big fan of the orignal jumanji the new computer game based ones arnt as good but are still entertaining, like most games they have crap end of level bosses

Spies in Disguise - 7/10 kids enjoyed this which is pretty much the fresh prince trying to be james bond but turns into a funny parrot and spiderman trying to be the worlds worst Q. its daft but it makes it work

Dolittle - 6/10 could have been such a great film, let down by early 90s-esque bad cgi and seems halfway making the movie they decided to change Dolittle accent as it looks very badly dubbed early on. its also very badly edited you can clearly tell alot of stuff was left cut out making it a very disjointed film

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Just getting towards the end of book five: Nemesis games

Having finally gotten in front of the TV series, I cannot wait for the new season.

Recently watched:
    Star Wars IX - I'd have to re-watch it to catalogue all of the plot holes and dafuq moments, but I ain't sitting through that crap again.

Knives Out - Really enjoyed this, even though I spent the first half silently slagging it off for being too predictable.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2020
    LennyRhys and Byron C like this.
  19. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Watched it last night, pointed it out to the Mrs who was then amazed.

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Guns Akimbo - 8/10

I wasn't expecting that. If you ever watched Happy! And thought it'd be interesting to see Daniel Radcliff play the main character, that's about what it felt like to me.

[ZiiP] NaloaC and Yaka like this.