1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Project Pupp3r

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MLyons, 7 Aug 2019.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Update coming today
    IMG_20200301_215316.jpg

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Woooooooo :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

IT LIVES. Proper update later but thought I'd put this up for now
    turned on side off no cable management.jpg.JPEG

4. BigShadow

BigShadow What's a Dremel?

Looks cool, are you water cooling?

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

It's not cool until it's water cooled...

I'll get my hat.

MLyons and The_Crapman like this.
  6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Air intake at the bottom, exhaust at the top?

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Looks like you still need a hole for the back of the gpu heatsink. -If that's where it vents.

8. MLyons

If you can find a spot I'll give it a go but I think that'll be for V2.
    Yup. I feel like the stack effect is under utilised in modern cases so thought I'd try to implement it here.
    Where the IO is? If so It's got holes there for the IO but those will be in the proper build log post.

Post might be delayed until tomorrow due to blowing up a PSU earlier but I think you'll all like where's it's at.

9. BigShadow

you can find a spot at the panel that is not on in the photo and put there the radiator, or you could try some slim fans and se the clearance on the top, the gpu tho idk if you could make the case like 3cm taller you hade the space that you needed to the radiator(s), but for an AIO i think in the top you can try to see if you have space

10. MLyons

To make it talller I'd have to redo all the panels. On V2 I'll be making it bigger and fitting a water cooler in. Currenttly an AIO would interfere with the power cable of the psu

11. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Looking good ML :rock: a smart use of space too! :thumb: where did you get the cool little corner screw blocks from ?

Damm makes me wanna get back out into the shed again :dremel:

12. MLyons

Praise from you is great. It was you that inspired me to finally make my own case with your lightblade project.

@Maki role sourced the blocks for me. I need to redo a few of the panels as you can see my lack of skill showing but overall it works well. The gpu temps are perfect and I think I can fix CPU temps with a small noctua cooler pointing upwards.

Last edited: 7 Mar 2020
    Defyant Mods likes this.
  13. kim

kim hardware addict

Defyant Mods likes this.
  14. MLyons

15. kim

kim hardware addict

OMG :jawdrop:, you're right, I did not notice the price: :wallbash: : £44.99 for 10 pieces :duh: that's crazy

Last edited: 7 Mar 2020
  16. BigShadow

17. Cheapskate

If I remember correctly, he found them at one of the major online electronics shops.
    I meant the part on the other end of the card, where they usually have exhaust venting. -But if this is just a ramp-up for a WC setup, let it be. :D

18. MLyons

Build is done and everything works. Just waiting on the fancy pants pictures from creative and it will be all done.

19. Cheapskate

Did you remove the masking, or leave it on for the Prius with a giant vegan bumper sticker look? :D

20. MLyons

Super sexy shots with the plastic off coming soon. For now you'll have to deal with the naff shots I upload in a bit.