1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews noblechairs Epic Series Black Edition Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 5 Mar 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

£375
    Lol

3. Diletta Graziosi

Diletta Graziosi What's a Dremel?

not a cheap one, but noble chair quality is a warranty

4. frack

frack What's a Dremel?

ikea offers that for 1/10th of the price :oldconfused:

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

While I agree that the price is quite a joke, I have to strongly disagree with the idea that IKEA offers anything close in quality at that price point, frack. Sitting on a 130 Euros IKEA chair right now (been using it for a few years already, mind) I can definitely say the quality is not good enough to use it for 8 hours a day without getting pain in the lower back.

liratheal likes this.
  6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I know the price is a lot but I explain my logic in the article. People will happily spend the money on a bed and I arguably spend more time in my chair over the course of a day than my bed so to me it makes sense. I was as sceptical as most of you before reviewing it but after using it for some time I really like it and can happily sit in it for long periods of time.

perplekks45 likes this.
  7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Tbh, people don't notice how **** desk chairs can be until they sit in a good one.

What gets me is the current "Gaming" chairs that're almost expensive as a passable ergonomic chair, but are basically the same as the uncomfortable crap you can get for 50-100 currency.

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

A way to tell this is by how far they recline. Proper chairs that are allowed to be in offices and are certified don't do the silly 180 degrees recline thing. This chair doesn't do that gimmick partially to be certified to use in certain workplaces

9. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

There is an office supplies surplus shop near me with new and 2nd hand office furniture.
    https://www.fourcounties.co.uk/contact
    I have bought a few things from there and the quality and ease of build is far better than any Argos or 'gaming' chair I have had previously.
    If you have a similar thing in your local area, I suggest you take a look if you are in the market.

10. liratheal

One of my favourite parts of being in the office is the chairs. Everyone has the same Steelcase doodads, they're a few years old at this point and I don't know the model, but they're super comfortable and I want one. There's just enough recline that I'm comfortable, the worst part is the arms, but they're the worst part of every chair IME.

11. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

No. A 'proper' chair will have adjustments for:
    - Back angle (normally the pivot centre will use a linkage to displace it from the base of the spine to either a pint beneath the chair and combine tilt with seat tilt, or to 'behind' the back)
    - Lumbar support
    - Seat height
    - Seat depth (forward/back)
    - Seat angle
    - Arm height
    - Arm width (separation)
    - Arm yaw (pointing in/out)
    Some will have these linked mechanically (e.g. linking seat tilt with back tilt) rather than a direct manual setting. Most will also have selectable stops for total forward/backward tilt angle, as well as variable spring resistance to tilt.

With the extremely limited adjustment and poor ergonomics of these stick-an-OEM-car-seat-on-a-tilty-base chairs, I wouldn't give a second glance to anything that retains the comical 5-point-harness cutouts and pick a reupholstered second hand ergonomic chair (Humanscale, Steelcase, Herman-Miller) any day of the week.

Mister_Tad and The_Crapman like this.
  12. liratheal

I'd love to pick up a secondhand chair - I kind of want a Humanscale Freedom - But the second hand market in Germany seems to be impenetrable or non-existent. It's really frustrating.

13. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

How do these compare to the Secretlab chairs?

14. MLyons

I've not used SecretLabs but speaking on behalf of myself and not for bit-tech I'm aware of them trying to buy good reviews from companies so I don't personally trust them.

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I really don't understand the trend of car-style seats as office chairs - totally different use cases that couldn't be further apart. I've never thought I could use some nice deep bolsters whilst sitting at my desk. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Sure, they look cool and gamery, but then anything can look cool and gamery if you use the right (wrong) materials and throw on some RGB for good measure. It would be fair to say then that this isn't for me.

David likes this.
  16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yes! 100% It's why I recommend a boring looking office chair with proper adjustability, rather than a knock-off recaro on wheels.

Mister_Tad likes this.
  17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

This. I worked for bwin a long time ago and we had Herman Miller Aeron chairs in the office. That's when it clicked in my mind how much better one can sit if you can and want to spend that much money.

liratheal likes this.
  18. Diletta Graziosi

Ikea have also some compelling alternative like the markus one

19. frack

frack What's a Dremel?

and probably the price is more worthed also ahahah

yes probably it also depends by the kind of usage... but you know, due to prevent eye diseases the global guidelines suggest you to rest a couple fo minutes away from a display... and ikea goes over forcing you to stand up and walking also :hehe:

Last edited by a moderator: 7 Mar 2020
    perplekks45 likes this.
  20. Diletta Graziosi

they care about you ahahaha

Tags: Add Tags