1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EKWB announces EK-AIO series of coolers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 3 Feb 2020.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I mean the screen is a cool idea and all but that's a stack of cash for a 2½" screen... Of course any self respecting bit-techer should only ever have one picture

[​IMG]

Impatience likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's far too much imo. I bought a 3" screen like that years ago for about £20 shipped. Surely they're getting them cheaper than that?

It's just Asus tax tbh. "Oh we're Asus quickly put the price up just because"

3. Syphadeus

Syphadeus What's a Dremel?

To be fair the statement about 'as long as you don't plan on overclocking' seems to have been added by the bit-tech author. Looking at EKWB's website I can't see any mention on the product page for that unit that says or even suggests that it's not suitable for OC'd CPUs.

In this instance it's the journalist's take on it. If you were to use it in a SFF build maybe you wouldn't OC but I don't agree with the sentiment as there are low profile air coolers that can be used to effectively cool OC'd CPUs in SFF systems.

The price is completely in line with other brand name single fan AIO's with RGB bling on them and I see no reason to expect or assume the performance of this model would be especially better or worse than those already available (which work perfectly well for overclocking).

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Exactly, dude - as per my previous comment. Totally doable without the need for a triple fan rad.

5. Diletta Graziosi

Diletta Graziosi What's a Dremel?

performance apart, they look gorgeous

6. Diletta Graziosi

yeah asus ones and nzxt one are more expansive than those

7. frack

frack What's a Dremel?

am i the only one who just don't like this type of RGB with opaque components spreading from the component itself?

8. Jangalit

Jangalit What's a Dremel?

no you are not the only one

9. Diletta Graziosi

i like it a lot, reminds me of some sort of cotton candy, i tend to prefer opaque against transparent components, as you said the way the light spread on an opaque surface is more uniform and looks a bit better imho

10. frack

frack What's a Dremel?

uhm yeah.. but the RGB colour is not so really intense... that's what i don't like

Diletta Graziosi likes this.
  11. Diletta Graziosi

ah ok, i understand, i prefer less ''power'' but more softness in the distribution on it

Tags: Add Tags