1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews noblechairs Epic Series Black Edition Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 5 Mar 2020.

1. Jangalit

Jangalit What's a Dremel?

yes indeed, since you spend a lot of time in front of a screen (job, gaming etc) it's nice to have something good to sit on

2. frack

frack What's a Dremel?

have you never tried the anathomic ones? they are awesome

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

One fundamental issue that is frequently overlooked:
    There are Task or Operator chairs which focus on correct posture for lengthy spells at a desk, and lounging chairs which are fine for shorter periods of that kind of work but are more comfortable for casual use. The problem is most folk seem to want to lounge at their home desk and click around a website with the mouse rather than sit upright, and the high priced task chairs are wasted in such situations.

4. frack

frack What's a Dremel?

yes you are right, you can also have the best chair but it is also the whole contour that must be up to par

5. Jangalit

Jangalit What's a Dremel?

I built a standing desk now, it's mostly because I want to play less and play healthier when I'm doing it, I'll try it in the next few days and I'll know whether I am right or wrong

6. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Wow, that doesn't sound good. At this point, the only course of action is to ask bit-tech for €400 and review one.

Guys, who else would like to see a comparative review between SecretLabs and noblechairs?

7. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

As mentioned, for the same price you can get a refurbished Aeron chair that will be better for your back, will last longer and is repairable with spare parts should the need arise.

I have an Aeron, got lucky with a freebie disposal at a previous workplace, replaced the gas lift on it last year for £60, it will see me right for at least another decade.

8. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Only in the UK.
    SecretLabs ships all over Europe, that's why an independent review by bit-tech is relevant.

9. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I've never really got the car seat style. Sure they have a certain aesthetic I suppose, but surely car seats (especially racing ones) are designed around a fairly drastically different set of parameters. I can't imagine it makes much sense ergonomically.

Last edited: 9 Mar 2020
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Just been discussing this on another forum.

Car seats like this are designed to hold you in. Why do you need holding in when gaming? Car seats are designed to sit almost parallel to the floor of the car, not with your legs dangling and so on.

Like if you look at a proper chair you can see how it curves off for your thighs to angle toward the ground so you don't get dead legs.

[​IMG]

I also question the quality and durability of these chairs as my buddy bought a Corsair a couple of years back and this happened to it two days ago with him in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I probably sound like a cracked record but I would avoid these chairs like a dose.

11. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

It comes with a pillow. Bargain.

If I spend that sort of money on a chair, I want to be able to attach a flight-stick on the front of one arm rest and the rudder controls on the other. Or at the very least I want the ability to detach the standard arm rests and replace with arm rests that’ll take flight-stick and rudder controls.

I also want the chair to move, vibrate and shake in tune with Dirt 4.

12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

You can find retailers selling used Aerons in most EU countries as well. An Aeron is so far superior to anything NobleChairs has ever produced it's not even funny.

13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I mention this in the article. Aeron is great for work as is the noblechairs chair. Think is I don't find aerons comfy and you definitely can't lounge in them. You can in this chair.

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I find Aeron's comfortable for lounging, but not at all for working.

Goes to show a review can't really tell you half of what your own butt can :thumb:

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I disagree: loosen the spring and you can lounge just as well in an Aeron as in any wheeled chair. I mean, it's no Eames Lounge Chair, but I wouldn't want to work from one of those...

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

It forces you into a consistent posture rather than slouching around randomly.
    The consistent posture reduces the variables involved, thus allowing you to improve your gaming skills quicker.
    Of course that only matters at a pro level, but we all know who is to blame for promoting it to the masses: Streamers.

17. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I worked on an office project some years back that required me to pull both UK and US shifts to launch. The hours were horrendous and unappreciated. We had Aeron chairs - the resultant time spent in that thing required me to undergo chiropractic treatment for near enough 18 months, which was then questioned by my boss. And after all that, myself and some key people went on holiday afterwards and a clown from another department (along with my boss, who was self-admittedly clueless about the industry he worked in) decided to revert what we'd just put in place. I quit soon after.

That aside, I've just bought a Secretlabs Titan as my inherited desk chair at home could not get comfortably close enough to the desk due to having fixed armrests. Disappointed to see the above comments re: paid-for positive reviews, therefore. Still evaluating at the moment and have a customer service ticket I'm in the middle of resolving but if anyone is interested I can either post back at a later date (or bit can send me requirements and contact me for a full review!).

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

My wallet is very scared since I discovered Monstertech now offer an adaptor plate for my Ikea Markus to fit their stick mounts on it. :worried:

monty-pup likes this.
  19. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Oh, please do get back to us with your thoughts on the chair, or at least if you see anything with your sample that would give Secretlabs reasons to pay for favorable reviews.
    I need to buy something ASAP. Don't have the money for it, but my back is saying "do anything, sell yourself by the hour if you have to, just get a proper chair!". :wallbash:

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm "down the road", and the other half needs an office chair - noted!

monty-pup and SuperHans123 like this.
Tags: Add Tags