1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Gyms are shutting down tonight.

That's my main hobby :sad:

Might get the old racing bike out and have a go.

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

My gym has sent through some online resources that I may check out, might also take up running again.

I hope they don't think a few links in my email is an adequate substitute for our £100/month membership though.

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

More on the toilet roll buying and selling on Ebay scum. People are deliberately bidding auctions up, ridiculously, to screw-up the sales and leave the sellers lumbered. I had a look and it seems some people are making new accounts so as not to bugger their usual account by winning and not paying.

MLyons and adidan like this.
  4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

And this is why we can't have nice things.

Seriously, I ****ing despair of people.

5. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

What utter c***s...! No other words for it.

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Went to see if I could source some pasta this morning at 7am as my little lad is probably going to quickly get bored of nuggets, waffles & chips!... success a 500g pack of fusilli should see him through a few weeks!

The class people are showing is mind blowing... little old men and ladies left aside. Lidl was bleak and completely ransacked, I actually found it entirely upsetting if I'm being honest.

I actually found myself chaparoning a little gent called ray who was clearly finding it difficult to get his usual bits and bobs patiently waiting for access to shelves completely engulfed with people. Just the usuals, nothing too special, 'packet of spuds' I quote.

However, the next person who smashes their trolley into me in a desperate bid to clear the shelves for themselves will be surgically removing the trolley from their anus.

Pete J likes this.
  7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Working in one of the largest stores for the largest supermarket chain in the country, the last couple of weeks I have come to the realisation that when it comes down to it most people are selfish c***s. Seeing an elderly customer crying down one of the aisles because there was nothing left for him to buy made me feel sick to my stomach.

8. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

9. kim

kim hardware addict

Are we living in a nightmare? who can do things like that :eeek: and what is the purpose of it ? this might look paltry compared to Covid, but it tells a lot about what humans are able to do :sigh: appalling :duh:

10. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Having myself as a data centre technician and my partner working for a private hospital (soon to be drafted for NHS COVID-19 use), we don't get any chance of social distancing.
    Also the fact I work weird hours and she does the longest hours of anyone I know (leave the house at 6am and gets back sometimes after 10pm).
    Our team has lost 2 people so we are now drawing up a new roster to keep all the happy people working from home (nice for some).

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Back pain.

OH MY GOD is it too ****ing much to ask to just sit at my ****ing desk without being in crippling pain?

My chair probably isn't helping tbh. I'd try and order a new one but the other half's pay has just been slashed by 40% because of covid-19, so we kinda need to put aside all the spare money we have to cover the shortfall.

12. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Can her employer not use the 'government picking up 80% of salaries' scheme to still pay her a full wage?

13. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My wife was due to start a new job tomorrow as she is officially being made redundant today. Well, that ain't happening as the place she is due to start at has closed down for a while. That has messed everything up as we cannot manage on my wages alone. She will get her final month's pay from her current job, but then we will have a couple of months of just my wages. Unless we can get her redundancy through quickly, things are going to be all sorts of difficult. If she had been already working at the new place she would be fine as she could have then worked from home (online customer service job), but she hasn't started and as such has had no training.

I am not set up to work from home (lightning protection and HV earthing project engineer) so I am having to carry on going into the office, much to my wife's annoyance as we are both in the "high risk" category (diabetic for both of us, she has other issues as well), but thankfully I am not using public transport (now that she isn't starting work yet), and everyone here is pretty well spread out.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Nope, because her employer still wants people to be working, that scheme only applies if people are 'unable to work'. The details are still being shaken out and we have a number of contingency plans. I've already worked out that we'll be fine with her on 60%; if it does actually come to that then all it means is that our 'be totally free of debt' plan goes on hold for a little while.

15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'd like to know how many that actually applies to.

Every other job seems essential.

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Not being able to get on the foru.....

oh, wait.. :D

MLyons, IanW, Goatee and 2 others like this.
  17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I know, not having an outlet for my drivel was sending me whappy.

IanW and Vault-Tec like this.
  18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Not ruining but annoying, the increased 'lockdown' measures meaning I probably won't be able to get my new car this weekend/give my brother my old one.

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Good news, hopefully you also won't be able to get (or give) coronavirus ;)

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Still this, but less so today - I can actually get up and move around, and I'm even contemplating going shopping later.

Looking at ordering a new chair ASAP, but no idea how deliveries from 2ndhnd.com are going to be affected by the lockdown...