1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44638, 28 Mar 2020.

1. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 6 Jun 2020
  2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

That my matey is the one I have, the Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic (non XL). I think thats the EK distro plate, I've been thinking about migrating to it but it only takes a DCC and not a D5 unfortunately!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

DCC is around half as powerful as the D5 with a substantially lower flow rate. As I alwayss go for 60mm 360mm rads you need a fair bit of flow rate to move the water around. I can't comment on the noise, although I know the DCC's used to be prone to overheating.

Edit: D5's in my experience are utterly silent unless something bad happens to the impeller, at which point they'll make your house shake!

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

As I said, its the pressure and flow rate. They both massively boost cooling temps!

And TBH if you're going to do a custom case a distro plate is fairly easy. I'd personally use 3 laters of plexi or acrylic, then holes in the back one for the fittings, front one is solid for glam and the middle gets laser cut for routing. Then I'd use steet gaskets, so a think layer of soling like silicone sheeting, beterrn as a seal with it all screwed together for completeness. You just needs CAD skills, money for fabbing costs :p Or the self-loathing to tap the threads yourself :p

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I have a D5 and a DDC. I bought the EK cooling kit for the DDC and run it at 7v. It's more than powerful enough to give great flow.

But yeah, I would cool the DDC. The kit isn't stupid money either.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  6. Vault-Tec

That is part of the reason why I did not get the 11. It's quite wide. The 12 on the other hand (whilst costing over double) is much narrower. I didn't want my PCs eating into my kitchen too much.

That said the 11 is about the best case you can buy right now, so maybe try and make the space somehow dude.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Get the crap in the basket off there and put the rig up on there.

Yaka and Bloody_Pete like this.
  8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I would hate that so much, I need more space to wiggle and move!

9. Vault-Tec

Yeah that's typical autism. Organised chaos. I bet if you asked him where a tiny screw was he would find it straight away lol. My man cave at mum's is a bit like that, but I have forced myself to be much tidier at home. It took some serious discipline !

Bloody_Pete and Guest-44638 like this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Shelves and more crap, if that tickles your nipples.

11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Put chest of drawers next to desk
    Put PC on top of chest of drawers
    Use chest of drawers to store assorted PC related crap

12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I just prefer leg space! Plus you can't fit 2 screens on there, let alone my 32", and I don't think I could go back to anything smaller now!

Get one of these for your documents. Or 5. Keep those where your current case is and then put your new case where the basket is. Rejoice in the improved airflow and bask in being able to view your system :p

Last edited: 28 Mar 2020
  13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I would argue against that, as the flow rate is only higher when there's no impedance, shove a waterblock in the way and the higher head pressure of a DDC would give you a higher flow rate as it's able to push it through the fins better. But they are noisy buggers unless properly tamed.

Bloody_Pete likes this.