1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Which software did you use? We swear by WISO, it got us nice returns over the last years and it's less than 20 Euros (which you can put in your tax declaration the following year).

2. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

If she's had a letter/SMS from her doctor classifying her as vulnerable, that notification has been sent to a database that supermarkets have access to, for verification... my wife got a letter from her GP & a subsequent e-mail from Sainsbury's offering her a priority delivery slot.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Also Wiso! Interesting that you can claim it back next year.

Out of curiosity, do you know if there's a quicker way to provide all the purchases over the year that're work related? I had to manually add like.. 25 things today and it was an absolute ballache, but I'm using the web version so I dunno if there's an "import from CSV" type setup. Sadly, my German is lacking such that I couldn't find one.

4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

She doesn't have any health problems and is not classified as extra vulnerable, this was based purely on age information on Waitrose's database, according to the email.

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

New monitor, CPU and cables have arrived. 1440p at 165Hz is :thumb:

adidan, Arboreal, Vault-Tec and 2 others like this.
  6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Ooo what monitor?

7. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

One that I would have been better off getting instead of the one I lumbered myself with... more than likely. :(

EDIT:
    This one:

MLyons likes this.
  8. perplekks45

I asked my fiancé who is kind enough to do our taxes every year (I probably would've either gone to jail or offed myself if I had to do that myself). She just double-checked in the locally installed client software, but can't find any easier way like CSV import. There might be something hidden in the depths of the tool, but we don't know about it. Sorry. :(

9. liratheal

Well thank her for looking! I figured it wouldn't be that simple, the German tax system is.. well it seems.needlessly complex to me.

perplekks45 likes this.
  10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

£90 cashback has come through - that'll be a new mouse and a few games for the lockdown thank you very much.

Guest-44638 and The_Crapman like this.
  11. perplekks45

Will do. And yes, it is.

liratheal likes this.
  12. liratheal

I only just remembered I have the perfect start to a lockdown.

[​IMG]

13. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Is that the model that JayzTwoCents did a YT on, the other day...?

Last edited by a moderator: 6 Jun 2020
  14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

spent the last few days wrapping my hear around zbrush, its not as mental as i first thought it to be and looking at some of galleries over on the official site has made me giddy as ****. cant wait to really get stuck in.

15. liratheal

Similar, but not quite. Jay did a different Gundam (I forget which, as it was blue and white before he painted it and I feel like there's a dozen of that colour scheme..), also he did a Master Grade (Sequences as, IIRC, Real Grade at 1:144 scale, Master Grade at 1:100 scale, and Perfect Grade at 1:60 scale, and then some others at 1:48, 1:35 scales). This badboy is Perfect Grade.

The construction AFAIK is very similar (Only done this PG, the MG and SuperDeformed versions of this Gundam, I recall them all being snap fit in some capacity), but the larger scale models have better articulation and whatnot. This PG appears to also have an LED, which I think is common across the PG level - But I'm not much of a Gundam guy. I just like building kits, and Astray Red Frame is the only Gundam suit I ever liked that much back when I used to watch more anime.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the astray is based on the same internal frame used on the PG GAT x105, its a nice easy frame to build.

liratheal likes this.
  17. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Minimodder

MLyons and Vault-Tec like this.
  18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You need to give permission for us to see the doggy.

19. liratheal

I understood many of those words! I'm not well versed in Gundam though, i tried some of the earlier seasons a long time ago and they didnt take. A friend had the series with the Red Frame in it and I quite liked the suit.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

alright, I read it takes around 4 years to design a new PG from scratch and the Red astray you're building is actually a modified PG Strike, Bandai went through a bit of a lul after the strike was released and pushed out several Perfect Grades based on the same internal frame with minor modifications per release, as a result the Strike, Strike Rouge, Strike Freedom and Red Astray are internally about 85% identical. it wasn't until the ridiculous RX-0 came out in 15/16 (either that or the 00 Raiser, I cant remember off the top of my head which came first) that an entirely new kit and frame was built from scratch.

[​IMG]

MadGinga and liratheal like this.