1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Either way, it doesn't help you. Tell him again. I'd do some research but refusing to return an item after refund/payment reversal is theft, isn't it?

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I would certainly think so.
    Still going to try and remain hopeful but currently not looking great :(

3. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

How can they reverse it if there is no buyer protection?

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

My thoughts exactly. Doesn't make sense to me - but then PayPal can and does work in mysterious ways.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Chargeback via paypal linked credit card, maybe?

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

"That is because dispute was filed as unauthorised dispute. Unauthorised disputes can be filed for Personal payments as well."
    Apparently.

7. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Sounds like theft then!

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

People who lie about being scammed should be hit with a hammer!

Cousin phones me and ask's me to look at his bosses laptop, all I got was it's running slow.

Yesterday it get's brought round to the house and I ask the bloke after turning it on, have you had someone contact you claiming to be from your ISP or Microsoft and connect to your pc, he says no.

I am looking at the laptop with Teamviewer installed, big red icons on the taskbar warning virus protection etc is turned off and it's got a piece of software on it called "Driver Support" which when you open the folder it has bat files etc called "Block Windows Update", "Block Anti-Virus" and stupid things like that.

Start looking at it properly last night and the hard drive is at 100% usage constantly and I connect it to a hot spot rather than my network as I am not having it infect all the pc's, run malwarebytes and spybot and what do you know that folder is flagging big time so I delete that folder and clean it with malwarebytes etc and now the hard drive is down at like 3% usage when idle.

This morning start looking at it, and I am scanning his pictures and documents folder with spybot etc and different things are flagging up "oh joy" so at the moment I am just letting it all scan and clean the files and then I am going to copy the files to a pen drive and update it to windows 10 as it's running windows 8.1 and then once I have the key I am going to wipe and do a fresh install.

I wish people would be honest about it as it makes life easier and you know then instantly what needs to be done in order to save as much of there files as possible seeing as they don't have backups.

9. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Zero enthusiasm to be awake...

damien c likes this.
  10. kim

kim hardware addict

:sigh: understandable Jeff...I often have this feeling too, but can't you consider that beeing healthy is essential for going through the crise and to have a chance to live in better times when it will end...hang on mate :rock:

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Dry day. Windy night. Living near a wood.

Some neighbour has pelted a Chinese Lantern up in the air, it just made it over the roof down the road - no idea where it'll end up.

Numbnuts.

12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

They really aren't acceptable these days, we had a couple come over the other night. Used to use them many years ago a few times when camping until we were educated about how dodgy they were.
    Not only is there the fire risk, but in the countryside, it's the possibility of livestock injuring themselves trying to eat the frame

Last edited: 5 Apr 2020
    IanW, kim, adidan and 1 other person like this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Same again! Now in the other foot, but this time we've now run out of ibuprofen. The ibuprofen gel we have does diddly squat (except for making me dizzy this morning). We're going shopping again tomorrow so I'll try and hold out.

14. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

It's not exactly ruining my life, but dayum, almost £100 for a 120mm fan. I wish the nicer things in life were just a tad bit cheaper...
    [​IMG]

15. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What on earth was that for?? Makes noctua look cheap

LennyRhys and Arboreal like this.
  16. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

It's Nidec's flagship 12v 120mm workstation fan. I needs one, but argh that price...!

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

What does it do so well that makes it cost that much?!

18. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Christ-on-a-bike... HOW much...??
    This...

19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

What the .... ? :jawdrop:

20. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It moves vast amounts of air, at the expense of money and eardrums.

When I was building the folding rigs I considered silly fans, but ended up with a mix of 120 & 140mm Noctua industrial fans. 160CFM is not to be sneezed at, but the Nidec can push 260!

Arboreal likes this.