1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coronavirus Thread

Discussion in 'Serious' started by d_stilgar, 13 Mar 2020.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I vaguely recall three weeks being mentioned as a possibility but I've no idea where I got that from. I really hope this holds true but accept it's probably very optimistic.

It's been nice having a break, but I would like to get back to the gym now that I've had a fortnight off.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'm afraid I don't think that's happening.

We have our final of the first 3 week lockdown this week. The peak may hit in the next week or two and we'll have to continue the lockdown during that, and after for a good while to be fair.

I'd be surprised if our current restrictions are reduced in any way before June. 'Normality' is a long way off beyond that I think, months.

I mean the Government keeps making up testing targets to hit and can't protect frontline staff as much as they can so who knows how long.

You may have to start looking at alternatives to the gym :rollingeyes:

3. kim

kim hardware addict

With all what I read from immunolgists opinion in various articles,I am affraid you are right, I would be surprised as well if it ends only in a few weeks:
    "we're dealing with a biologic process that's happening in the context of changes in seasons and other factors that just make some of this, frankly, unpredictable."
    but well, I'd like to be wrong too :rollingeyes:

adidan likes this.
  4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Our phone is on cable, and pulse dialling still works... Possibly we're the only users on the whole nationwide network who still use it, though. :p

Retro like a boss.

[​IMG]

Byron C, Arboreal and adidan like this.
  5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Oh my ****ing god...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52168096

I just... I can't find the words. There's no excuse for that level of stupidity - some people can just **** right off.

Nexxo and adidan like this.
  6. adidan

And you just know those stupid halfwits probably won't get the virus.

Do them for attempted manslaughter of 60+ million

7. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

Twitter and the other platforms should be outright banning these accounts however big they are tbh.... This is not the time for such levels of stupidity to be tolerated.

8. adidan

Meanwhile Scotland's Chief Medical Officer apologises after telling everybody to stay in while going on a jolly holiday with her family to her second home.

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

'One rule for me, another for thee' is a thing both sides of the wall it seems.

adidan likes this.
  10. RedFlames

11. adidan

All our neighbours, who never have visitors, seem to think the current advice is to stay home and have people come and see them.

12. Nexxo

[​IMG]

I've just come back from work today. I was at work yesterday. I was at work the whole week before that, solid 12-hour days, and I'm back at work tomorrow and for the rest of the week. Leave has been cancelled, and so, it seems, have weekends. Because I am part of the psychological support plan for our hospital Trust staff (in fact I am one of its leads).

And that hospital staff, I can assure you, are working hard. And they are stressed, and they need all the support they can get. They really do. You have no idea.
    So I am like a crazed Samuel L. Jackson right now, shouting at people to Stay the **** home!

Last edited: 5 Apr 2020
    Risky and adidan like this.
  13. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Nexxo and kim like this.
  14. adidan

All NHS Staff are, I feel for the frontliners playing Russian Roulette and working all hours. Their lack of protection disgusts me, people will have to be held accountable in time.

The good lady got wound up by someone writing in the Daily Mail (well it is the DM) who rambled on about mental health patients getting left behind. You f'ing what? She's has one day working at home, beyond that she's in and working in the office as usual (except the face to face) as too are her colleagues.

I really hope after this is all done our societies start to recognise who is of real value to society. NHS, other emergency services, warehouse workers, delivery drivers, supermarket workers, cleaners and so on - these are the people that are the backbone of the country.

And yup, i'm staying at home and when i'm out for air i'm trying to avoid anyone and everyone. I just wish everybody would and not think 'oh i"ll just invite so and so around, that'll be ok...'

kim likes this.
  15. adidan

16. kim

kim hardware addict

I totally agree, and I thought that for a long time before Covid, those armies of silent workers are those who make the whole thing going on,and they deserve more appreciation and bigger wages !!, they're more important than soccer players IMAO sorry if I'm shocking :eyebrow:

adidan likes this.
  17. RedFlames

18. Nexxo

If he dies of this, the country will go into absolute ****ing meltdown. It will go ape **** crazy.

I never thought I'd be rooting for that sociopathic dick to pull through OK...

Meanwhhile, the Telegraph is doing what it does best: already lining up the scapegoat for ten years of Tory underfunding and COVID-19 mismanagement and arguing for health care privatisation.

Last edited: 5 Apr 2020
  19. RedFlames

Yeah i can picture them spinning it as some heroic scarifice...
    ...that and Raab is next in line.

****er better not die. Suffer, sure, but not die.

20. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

You never know, people might start taking it seriously.