1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony announces PlayStation 5 DualSense controller

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 8 Apr 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

More haptic feedback...

So long as you can still turn it off like you can on the PS4, saves on battery life and wrist ache.

Do other people like this feature? I'm sure there must be some.

Paradigm Shifter likes this.
  3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Still pissed off at the demise of fully convex analog sticks. Boo! BOO!

Omnislip likes this.
  4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I really like the analog sticks on the PS4 controller, so horses for courses on that one... but vibration/haptic feedback? I like my phone telling me I've touched the screen, since there is no tactile feedback otherwise from tapping a bit of glass... but on a controller I find most vibration stuff overdone and distracting.

I'll be honest, almost every game I actually wanted/bought on the PS4 has made its way to PC via Steam in recent years (only Drive Club and Persona 5 haven't) so there are times when I wonder why I bought it. If NIS(A) finally port Disgaea 3/4/D2 to PC, and the FF7 Remake lands on Steam I'll really not see a need; similar to the XBox; if the new Forza also arrived on Windows, I've got no motivation for the new MS console either.

adidan likes this.
  5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

6. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

I've never actually pressed the share button on my PS4 controller so I suspect the create button will be wasted on me. Looking forward to the PS5 in general though

adidan likes this.
  7. adidan

There's a share button?

Yeah, me neither then. :happy:

8. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

The only time I ever press it is by mistake, when I meant to press the select button instead :D

edzieba and adidan like this.
  9. adidan

Oh yeah, that does say share.

Same as the big square touchpad, i've only ever found it used as another button.

10. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Main analogue stick is still in the wrong place...

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

[​IMG]

adidan likes this.
  12. gosh

gosh Minimodder

absolutely love the ds4 for comfort and lightness but the battery life is poor and I've got tape over that bloody lightbar, plus the v2 i bought has a lazy analogue stick that just doesn't register in some zones (suppose i should have the back off and clean it). Also never used share button.

interested in the haptic feedback, I'm sure the ds3's used to be a lot more forceful but it works very well in some areas - adding trigger feedback could be great but will have to see.

not keen at all on the new design, both shape and colour. Hoping for an all-black one but as long as they don't skimp on the battery i love the idea of built-in mic (as someone mentioned, wish it had a physical toggle/ptt)

13. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

There's a setting in the controller settings to turn the lightbar down, or off entirely.

adidan likes this.
  14. adidan

^ Wot he said

Turning the brightness down/off and switching off the haptic feedback saved my annoyance and boosted the battery life no end.

15. gosh

gosh Minimodder

I must be an idiot then, I've got it at dim but never seen of a way to turn ds4's light bar completely off on ps4

16. adidan

I think you may be right, i remember turning the haptic off but my bar is on dim.

gosh likes this.
  17. gosh

gosh Minimodder

A quick google just revealed you can do it with the pc drivers or physically open the controller and disconnect a contact. Glad I hadn't missed it all this time :s

adidan likes this.
  18. adidan

After you mentioned it it did get me wondering why it was on my controller at all if it could be turned off completely like the haptics.

Sanity saved. :happy:

19. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I've never got on with PS controllers, but then I've not really spent an awful lot of time with them. To me, the Xbox 360 one just feels right.

20. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

It's funny - I used to love the PS2 controller, but the PS3 was one essentially identical and I hated it. The PS4 one fixed almost every gripe I had with the PS3 one; slightly different "wing" angle, a touch larger, better shoulder buttons. But the touchpad thing in the middle and the share button? I quite like the 360's controller, although the XBOnes is also OK. I admit I use an XBOne controller for PC games which need a controller (mostly Forza Horizon or JRPGs)... largely because I simply don't have the energy or enthusiasm to faff around getting a PS4 controller to work with my PC.

Tags: Add Tags