1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Crysis then...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 13 Apr 2020.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

damien c likes this.
  2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhh.....

Crysis in the Crysis 3 engine with the gameplay?

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Only two things from Crysis would be truly interesting to me.
    1: (Most likely) A remaster of Crysis and Warhead in the current iteration of Cryengine, but only if they keep the Dropship level in the game, that was one of my favourite levels.
    2: A 'real' Crysis 2 that picks up on the cliff hanger that Crysis ended on in 2007 and goes back to the ice-bound island and sees the inside of the spaceship some more. That was way more interesting than the sci-fi-space-ninjas the aliens became in 2 and 3, plus I already saw Escape from New York.

It will probably be Crysis 4 playing as Psycho knowing my luck. Or if we're really unlucky, it will be some EA sub-studio making a game in Frostbite, they do own the IP after all.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

From what I heard it's a remake of Crysis. Possibly using the RT they showed off last year.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

god i hope not, yes it was visually pretty but from a gameplay point of view it was horrible clunky and very unresponsive. perfect if you're playing on a joypad, not so on m/k. i ****ing hated it.

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Hmm. I'll never get to the level you got with familiarity to Crysis' handling, but I did like the way armour mode was actually armour mode in Crysis 3.I always turn on the 'double tap' feature in Crysis' .ini. file to access the suit functions anyway.

7. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Gotta be a remaster with that quote, hasn't it?

Opens all sorts of questions up about, well, everything:
    • Will they leave the aliens alone, or retcon them to be more in line with Crysis 2/3?
    • Will they bother with the 'levelling' system for the Nanosuit like in Crysis 2/3?
    • Will they try to retcon CELL into it?
    • Will they put the hacking minigame in?
    • Will they add the bow in?
    • Etc.
    Curious to see what they come up with. As it is, I can sense @Gunsmith 's nervous twitching a mile away.

9. Vault-Tec

I don't think they will change the game at all. I do hope they fix the end though. Being trapped on a deck with some girl hollering "GET THE TAC CANNON" when you are forcibly locked out and can't (and thus can't finish the game) was kinda annoying.

I preferred Warhead. So hopefully they'll remake that.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

nervous twitching would be nice, I've already put £20 on it being a complete trainwreck of poor design decisions. Crysis 2 and 3 *hack spit* were like the Matrix sequals; Rubbish and insulting to the original.

adidan likes this.
  11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Well having blown what little money they had left on that lost cause lawsuit against Cloud Imperium... Crytek trying to milk some sorely needed money and/or good PR out of the Crysis IP probably isn't that surprising...

FWIW i'm expecting a half-assed remaster/remake of Crysis on whatever the latest version of CryEngine is.

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

TBH I can't remember much of any of them beyond enjoying the first and then being disappointed by the follow ups.

13. fix-the-spade

I quite enjoyed 2 and 3 but they don't really stand out compared to 1 and Warhead. Having said that in both sequels as soon as I got the Grendel it was happy sniping fun times for the rest of the game.

adidan likes this.
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Maybe it's just the blurring of memory - perhaps I remember the enjoyment of getting Crysis to run at more than 2fps more than the enjoyment of actually playing it :happy:

Pete J likes this.
  15. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

It's what got me into overclocking :D

I do remember enjoying the beginning couple of levels, once it got to the alien ship I noped out though.

adidan likes this.
  16. Vault-Tec

It's been confirmed apparently.

Crysis Remastered.

17. fix-the-spade

I got to Crysis several years late and first played on a 7970, it ran great then :thumb:

adidan likes this.
  18. Vault-Tec

I first played on a 9800GT. I ended up having to buy an Arctic cooler for it. It dropped into single digits a few times (most notably when you go into the mine and the lights swing and the shadows...)

I replayed it a few years ago at 4k with two Fury X. It actually ran nice and smooth, and looked pretty stunning still.

I hope the remake is every bit the PC melter the first one was. And that they can't release it on consoles simply because it won't run. It would be nice to feel l337 again.

I must say that once the aliens turn up it does hamper the fun. It's kinda like when the trigens turn up in Far Cry, it just puts a debbie downer on things. However, TBF there were some absolutely stellar moments. Like the bit where you have to run between buildings to stop yourself freezing. That was absolutely amazing.

19. fix-the-spade

I like the aliens and I loved the evil monkeys in Far Cry. Every time someone complains about the invisible ones I want to hunt them down and throw a bucket of water on their head.

20. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

I first played warhead and I can't remember if I completed it. I bought 2 and 3 at launch and then purchased Crysis for about £5. I haven't completed any of the others, I think originally Warhead was played on an Athlon 7750 AM2 with a Radeon 2600 pro on mainstream settings.

Tags: