1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Bit-tech's best games for lockdown: part 1

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 14 Apr 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Agree with many but Kingdom Come Deliverance seems to be missing...

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

Step 1) Start playing on a large Planet map
    Step 2) "Oh, it's three months later already?"

perplekks45 likes this.
  4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

X4 Foundations, actually most of the X series.

The weeks and months will fly.

5. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Day Z a different adventure every time you play :)

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I'm going to be "that guy" and tell you that No Man's Sky is actually a really good game these days and would fit right in on this list...

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm 100% certain I won't agree with the shooter part of that list. Simply because it won't have an arena FPS on it.

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

When it comes to single player games that aren't something like Fallout 3/4/NV or Skyrim and so on, I tend to go more for point and click or puzzle type stuff so I am going to throw in a few more recommendations here:

For point-and-click, take a look at the Syberia series. Amazing artwork, sensible puzzles and a wonderful story. The 2 Still Life games are well worth a nosey too, especially the second, got a good escape room feel to it, although it does reference the first game quite heavily in the story.

For puzzle type stuff, The Room series is awesome. Started out as mobile pad type games, but are available on Steam now for not many pennies. Great mechanical type puzzles with a bit of horror / supernatural type story. There are 4 in the series and are definitely worth playing in order. Once you know them, they are good for an hour or so replay as well.

9. perplekks45

If you like point & click and maybe even Lovecraft, I have a game for you: Darkside Detective.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Cool ta, I shall take a look.

11. PCEnthusiastUK

PCEnthusiastUK What's a Dremel?

Hi, Interesting thread. I'm not by any means a gamer however I'd like to post a question on here and apologise in advance should this really be posted on a new thread.

Are there any games that my 8-Year old and I can be play online similarly to X-Box Live but with no subscription on a Windows failing that Linux PC please? From what I've understood it's possible to get a Minecraft server up and running that my Son would be able to connect to remotely however I'm not 100% sure on how best to go about setting this up nor whether I'm misinterpreting what exactly a Minecraft server is nor how my Son would be able to connect to this. Would anyone on here be able to offer and suggestions please?

Failing that should there be any other highly recommended games that the both of us could play on a PC remotely from each other that don't require any form of subscription please advise further on this. My Son absolutely loves placing Crash Bandicoot on his X-Box One S and we've both signed up to a 1-month trial to X-Box Live however neither my Son's Mother nor I am keen on paying for a continued subscription.

Perhaps it's Steam games that my Son and I need to consider buying that we can play online. Really don't know what the options are nor where to start. Many thanks for any suggestions.

Stay safe and well.

12. perplekks45

I think you're looking for something like this: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/3032537193879549687

:thumb:

ModSquid likes this.
  13. PCEnthusiastUK

PCEnthusiastUK What's a Dremel?

Thank you.
    Much appreciated.

14. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

15. perplekks45

I haven't used it myself yet, so I'm not sure. But from what I've read this is an over-the-internet solution where you own a game and invite other players. I think you'd have to have a PC/Steam account for each player. I might be wrong, mind.

Tags: Add Tags