1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays New 32" 1440p Monitor Advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by music4mybumhole, 16 Apr 2020.

1. music4mybumhole

music4mybumhole What's a Dremel?

Hi folks,

I'm in the market for a new monitor, upgrading from a 23" 60hz IPS and would ideally like 32" 1440p curved. I've used a curved and really like it, so please no haters on that front.

Around the £400 mark I have found these:

Asus TUF VG32VQ
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...curved-gaming-monitor-mo-0ac-as.html#comments

MSI Optix AG32CQ
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...nSMXm3GQ7122ZvQBi7Fqkok_6M_oOrRhoCtDMQAvD_BwE

AOC AG322QC4
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-...-gaming-widescreen-led-monitor-mo-04u-ao.html

I am swaying towards the ASUS due to allowing Freesync and ELMB at the same time. Also read some unreliable reviews that the AOC doesn't support 144hz at 1440p, only 60hz, anyone know if that's true.

Or are there any other monitors I should be looking at?

TIA for any help.

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Just an FYI, I made the same move last year and I really don't like how VA's look compared to IPS's. You get really noticable ghosting/smearing on VA's compared to IPS screens. If I was to go back I'd save up more for a IPS instead.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

5. Vault-Tec

TBH I hate it lol. Why do you think I avoided the HP Beats and waited for the B&O?

HP do know how to make a sexy looking monitor I will give them that.

I'm also going to speak to my care worker tomorrow and ask if I can wall mount. If I can? then I may go triple 27 curved. At least then I can use the middle one for games that do not support UW. Or competitive titles or just anything I want to run at 240hz.

[​IMG]

Samsung have absolutely nailed the look on that IMO.

6. Vault-Tec

It's not that hard. I did it years ago with three 24" monitors. You just need to measure carefully etc.

Noting, that was 9 years ago using three very cheap monitors that weren't even VESA so I had to take them apart and mod them.

I used a simple flat mount in the middle, then two arms one each side. And it was easy to position and adjust to perfection. You also need to be good at angles and maths lol.

What I don't know is how my desk at home is at the back.

[​IMG]

Actually scrap that, yes I do, and I have reservations as to whether something like this would work.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Al...rds=triple+monitor+arm&qid=1587042204&sr=8-13

IE, if there is enough meat to clamp it to.

7. music4mybumhole

music4mybumhole What's a Dremel?

Are there even any 32" curved IPS screens available?

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

No, they're either flat or 34" ultrawide or 4k.

9. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I have an Acer Predator - admittedly the 27" version - that I think is pretty good. Picked that up for £400 on Amazon a year or two back. It's 1440p/144Hz and IPS and I think they did a 32" as well, but you wouldn't be getting the curve. Their 34" curved was faaar too expensive for me.