1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Crysis then...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 13 Apr 2020.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Warhead was class. It also ran much, much better than the original too.

Edit. it would be nice if they included both.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

3. Vault-Tec

4. Vault-Tec

haha I remember when I got Crysis. I had just arrived back in the U.K so broke I couldn't even afford the internet. So I had to go outside at night with my Asus EEE netbook and find an open WIFI and order my crap using that lol.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

kinda worried its a multi platform release, I hope to god they leave the original nanosuit in and not use that crappy Q/E console ****.

one question however...

[​IMG]

nintendo switch?

6. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

My daughters Nintendo Switch was collected 2 days ago this is a game for her to try once the sound issue through speakers is sorted.

7. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

I've never got to grips with them, frustrates me:) but I always have an urge to play and struggle through them. If I play online frustrates them too:D

8. Vault-Tec

With no RT at super low detail on a new engine? probably.

The best part of Crysis, for me at least, was the varying ways you could play it. IE if you wanted to cloak and go around blowing people up without them even knowing you're there? go for it. Or, you could go in guns blazing like I like to. So each situation had a magnitude of approach options.

However, in the second one that was far more forced. And I didn't like that. It was also very linear, and I didn't like that either. It was like it was designed to use the myriad of suit options, yet there was only one optimal one.

So for example, if like I you chose to go in guns blazing then you could find yourself spending nearly an hour on a roof top and running out of ammo. Which wasn't much fun. So the ideal way was to cloak up and sneak through, but then the gameplay itself became linear. So it wasn't a patch on the original.

2 did look incredible though, and there were some amazing moments (like when the bridge collapses and I just sat there with my jaw on the ground). But overall it severely limited the freedoms of Crysis. Like, I wasn't a huge fan of the alien parts so I remember spending weeks just going around the island as much as I could wiping out Koreans for the S&G and not triggering the part that introduces the aliens. And like Far Cry, that was where I had the most fun. It was a sandbox. Obviously GTAV and etc all do that now, but I have always found them to be shallow in terms of game play. IE, the quests and missions feel much more like ill thought out mini games that lack much depth. Same with RDR2. Most of it is cut scenes so unless you are interested in the story it's not great as an actual game that you interact with.

That was why Far Cry and Crysis were do damn good. Because you could just spend hours exploring and taking people out.

Last edited: 16 Apr 2020
  9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Looking forward to this, but I really hope it's done right and not just a sloppy mess.

I am hoping it really does bring back the meme and punishes pc's!

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I reckon there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people.

11. Vault-Tec

Don't see why unless they totally change the game code. Plenty of people have been perfectly happy with the revamped RE games.

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Because imo it screams cynical cash grab that they're only bothering with because their previous cynical cash grab went up in smoke. After all, Crytek have been on the brink for a while now.

So until proven otherwise I'm expecting a half-arsed bodge job that pleases no-one.

13. Vault-Tec

Did you download Noir?

If you did then you will already know that they mean serious business. Crysis is, and was, always the best of the series (and Warhead). In fact, it doesn't even look all that dated now tbh. Well, not at 4k with the widescreen hack.

Do you know what game I wished for more than anything? a remake of Fallout 3 using a decent graphics engine. Instead we got FO76 (muffled yay, slow clap).

One thing I have realised lately is that I haven't gone off gaming. Not at all. In the last two weeks I have played through HL2, Ep1, Ep2, most of DNF and am now replaying Dead Island Definitive for the "Oh god I lost count"-th time.

I like single player games, or good single player games with co op. One is nice, both is a total bonus. However, for god knows how many years they've tried to deliver more and more "social" games that I totally don't want. So if anything is cynical it's modern gaming.

I'm not going to sit here and say "Eee, new games are all crap and old games were the best" but it kinda says something when I don't play a single game for almost a year, then replay loads of games I love. There are very few games I have fallen in love with in the last decade. One of them I skipped (The Last Of Us) because I didn't want an entire console just for it. However, I now realise the error of my ways. That game kept me completely hooked and completely gripped until I had lived through every sweaty moment. Where as I still buy pretty much every big release, but they just don't offer me anything new. So in the pile (or app of choice) they go, and there they sit.

IDK. Expectations I guess. I expect Crysis, using their latest engine with all of the trimmings and oh, the bugs removed obs (which they did with updates that I couldn't get because I played the original offline). But yeah, nothing more nothing less. If you really are that badly out of ideas then at least give us something that has always been good, in a prettier package.

I wasn't a fan of RE (far too slow for me) but I know that many are creaming themselves over the last couple of remakes. Fair play to them.

adidan likes this.
  14. Vault-Tec

15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Please. I've never played FO3 or NV and I just couldn't live with those graphics now, no matter how much I want to play them.

16. Vault-Tec

4k with the HD texture pack (official) looks good enough dude. I played through on XB1X @ 4k and it was more than good enough.

17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I gave up on PC gaming due to Crysis.

Not because it wouldn't run, but because I spent a fortune for it to run really well but just found it to be moderately interesting in the first half, and trash in the second.

David likes this.
  18. Vault-Tec

Yeah, I'm kinda with you on that one. Pleasurable moments were far less once the aliens kicked in. That's part of the reason why I still prefer Warhead.

David likes this.
  19. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

If they're using the same RT implementation they used for the demo... eeeeeh, it's not going to be the graphical powerhouse Crysis was on its original release. To gain acceptable performance without dedicated hardware Crytek's RT implementation cuts so many corners it's a circle. I wouldn't expect it to be much distinguishable from the existing screen-space RT mod - which itself makes clear just how dated Crysis' lighting engine is compared to modern shading engines, albeit impressive for its day.

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

They made it run on the 360 so a Switch should be no problem, but I expect it will be locked at a lower resolution and frame rate like Doom and Doom Eternal.

Tags: