1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I'd say let Trump voice his stupid ideas, and natural selection will sort out his voter base. One problem solved.

Fingers66 and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  2. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I'd be for it if people were just risking their own lives. The problem is that people will administer these bad ideas to their parents or children, or ignore best practices transmit the disease to people who are otherwise taking every precaution and doing it right.

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Holy sh!t, it's Darth Nexxo.

Pete J, Byron C and d_stilgar like this.
  4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

5. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

What's even worse is that the leader of a cult group peddling bleach as a corvid-19 cure had written to Trump just before this latest outburst of stupidity.

6. uerseya

uerseya Covered in rock wool

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

8. uerseya

Just because you don't like the messenger doesn't mean the message is any less valid? 1 + 1 = 2 no matter who says it.

Tho' the person who wrote the article can't link for toffee: https://www.cecc.gov/events/roundtables/dangerous-secret-sars-and-chinas-health-care-system

(To remove the easy targets from my back I'm a lifelong atheist, who doesn't vote on principle as politicians are mostly egocentric, self serving and morally bankrupt with no clue or understanding how the majority live or feel, married for 20+ years to a chinese lady with a couple of kids).

Last edited: 30 Apr 2020
  9. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

10. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

No good complaining about the politicians who get in, if you can't be bothered to vote.

Bloody_Pete and David like this.
  11. uerseya

I'm not complaining, in fact I couldn't give a rat's ass, they're all as bad as each other in the grand scheme of things ... I'm a realist who knows that save for the broad strokes, (i.e. living in a democracy no matter how perennially shitty for most is better than say living where the virus originated), that voting is quite comparable to pissing in the wind, hopelessly pointless and likely to come back on you :duh: :idea: :wallbash:

Someone much wiser than me once said that I'm voting by not voting.

Last edited: 2 May 2020
  12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I've always thought democracies would benefit from a 'none of the above' voting option.

The_Crapman and uerseya like this.
  13. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Exercising your right to vote doesn't exclude the right to not use it at all... falls into the category of, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you have to"; that's a whole different level of politics.

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

In the UK I think there is some validity to deliberately spoiling your ballot paper. It is counted so it at least shows that you are not lazy or apathetic. It's what I'd do if I couldn't even bring myself to vote for the least worst candidate (excepting maybe running myself in that case).

adidan and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  15. adidan

True, although when I hear about spoiled ballots I imagine a voter eating it it rather than it being a protest.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I just missed the 1982 GE, it was a few weeks before my 18th birthday but, since then have never missed a vote. I did once, however, write "no suitable candidate" on a ballot paper for a local council election.

I see voting as a small price to pay for the benefits of living in a democracy. The alternative is much worse, China and Russia with their psuedo-democratic elections, or North Korea for example.

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

IMHO, not voting is not voting "No!"

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  18. uerseya

Another way of looking at it is: not voting is placing a degree of faith in your fellow humans, both to hopefully make the right choice, (or least bad choice), and kick off if said choice tries anything that is not right, plus it makes for a more relaxed life/taking the path of least resistance.

Or if more succinctly if it's choice between shooting yourself in the left foot or right foot, it's bad enough being shot in the foot without then being the person to decide which sodding foot :duh:

What gets me about a lot of reporting both in the UK and in the US presently re: pandemic, yes Boris and Trump et al were napping when the house started burning but they were NOT the one's to start the fire, so yes there should be and will be investigations and repercussions in due course but for the time being the fire starter needs to be .... dealt with ...... instead of fighting internally and hamstringing ourselves with recriminations whilst the house is still burning :idea:

Last edited: 4 May 2020
  19. adidan

The fire starter? You mean nature?

Although shutting down animal markets, i'd be all behind that.

Edit: this is probably better in the other thread, it could take this one on a tangent.

20. uerseya

Yes, well no, maybe not the fire starter then, but the entity that lied, hid, etc. the extent of the problem aka pouring petrol on said fire and making it significantly worse than it could have been.

Other thread?