1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pete J's thread of Lego building (current project: 76210 Iron Man Mark 44 Hulkbuster - Alternate)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 21 Sep 2019.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Pete J likes this.
  2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I need to watch The Mandalorian...

Arboreal and MadGinga like this.
  3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Yes. Yes you do.

4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Keep popping in expecting to see a finished Star Destroyer but you keep getting distracted by other stuff! :D

liratheal likes this.
  6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

It'll happen one day...

What I haven't told you yet is that I 'have' to build the AT-AT after the Shelby as I need to know how tall it is so I can put some shelves up :geek:.

7. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

It's a tough life you live.

Pete J likes this.
  8. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

@Pete J you and your Lego thread will be the death of my wallet. I'm now searching through Rebrickable for MOCs that i like

liratheal and Pete J like this.
  9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Every time I come to this thread I get a romantic-movie style flashback to the Metal Gear Rex Lego model that I've wanted to build since I saw it. Although I don't believe there are any instructions for it for sale, there was a parts list in the 800-currency range.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well, it may not be quite the same scale, but there's this little one:

[​IMG]

Certainly a lot more wallet friendly!

Looking forward to getting on with the Shelby this weekend. Curious to see if I can get it finished in the next three days (probably not). As it is, I have a load of parts on my table from the large Russian order that need checking...

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Aye, the smaller ones are definitely more wallet friendly, but.. They're considerably less satisfying to look at!

One day I'll scratch build one out of plasticard or something I'm more familiar with.

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

The ISD is looking amazing. I love how there's a menagerie of sci-fi scenes inside.

Pete J and liratheal like this.
  13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yeah, to be brutally honest that looks rubbish.

Pete J likes this.
  14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

More work on the Shelby:

[​IMG]

Finished counting the Russian delivery today too. A couple of minor mistakes that I'm more than happy to solve with a follow up order, once I've counted the other two orders that form part of it.

Also ordered a mini shelf unit to put the TIE fighters and Slave 1 on.

IanW likes this.
  15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

How about this?

Definitely looks a lot better whilst still being affordable...

Downside is that you'd have to manually create a part list.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

More Shelby progress:

[​IMG]

All th motors are now on and I've done a teeny bit of cable management in the front to avoid fraying.

EDIT: I tell a lie - the servo motor for the gearbox has yet to be installed...

Last edited: 10 May 2020
    IanW likes this.
  17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

More Mustang progress:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I've discovered I'm missing a couple of parts - not sure if they were never in an order (BrickLink can miss things) or if I've dropped them, or left them elsewhere. No matter, I've ordered the parts already.

In the meantime, I've started taking apart the 8880 as I need to be able to refurbish the parts with sunlight and H2O2.

Other minor updates:
    • Parts for the 42009 upgrade have turned up, but three pieces were missing - ordered.
    • Chiron upgrade parts all delivered.
    • All parts delivered for Trench run mini diorama

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well, after ~24 years, I've taken the 8880 apart. Bit weird to think that the last time I did this, I was ~12 years old:

[​IMG]

I was expecting a fair amount of teeth marks from my much younger self as I used to take it apart and rebuild it over and over, but there as only really one black tile that had been mauled - I might replace it. There's a fair bit of dust, which has really seemed to 'grip' on. Even running under the tap doesn't really seem to shift it. A toothbrush goes a long way, but even so, getting dust out of the top of 'hollow' studs is proving to be troublesome. I might even wait until I get back to work to use the air gun.

I also found that a fair amount of the half bushes (see below) had split - no doubt owing to the constant strain and the stress raisor inherent to the castellations:

[​IMG]

After an internal debate, I've decided I'm going to replace them with their updated version:

[​IMG]

Righto, going to spend the afternoon cleaning the white and grey parts so that I can leave them outside in H2O2 when the sun next comes out...

19. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

GL knolling that lot...

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

The weather's not very gardening-like at the moment, so a brief update:

In regards to the 8880:
    • Half bosses and a replacement 2x1 black plate ordered.
    • I left the white parts outside in H2O2 today - there was a bit of sunlight but not as much as hoped. Even so, the white parts started getting a bit more white, but still discoloured. I've ordered some 12% H2O2, to mix with the 3% stuff I have - should accelerate things.
    • Started washing the black parts.

The last of the AT-AT parts from the land of Down Unda have made it to the UK, so there's that to look forward to too.

Also, been poking around trying to find out more about the next Technic super car to be released, the 42115 Lamborghini Sian:

Predicted to drop July 1st for $380, so probably the same in pounds, because exchange rate matters apparently. I'm curious to see what Lego brings in terms of new features, since the Chiron didn't have much to improve on. I'm guessing it'll have forward opening doors operated by winding a gear.

LennyRhys likes this.