1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coronavirus Thread

Discussion in 'Serious' started by d_stilgar, 13 Mar 2020.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Government, Palintir, people who were involved in Cambridge Analytica and IT? Were you really that surprised?

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Arguably he had some of those symptoms already, so .. Perhaps business as usual for the overgrown wotsit?

5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I never took mine when I was issued them. Getting malaria was a safer option.

adidan likes this.
  6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Fingers66, edzieba and Pete J like this.
  7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Cynicism level: over 9000

:hehe:

Love it.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

One would assume so. I'm not too hot on that stuff. Might bring it up with my brother later - he's an (evil) lawyer who was tasked with making sure his firm was up to snuff when GDPR came into effect.

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I've been doing bits of it as part of a few project bids and I think distrubuting a list of people details via email falls under it :p

Pete J likes this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

"Stay Alert !"

Littlehampton beach at 9am.

[​IMG]

Well, I guess we won't be going there for a nice socially distanced walk tomorrow. Coffee at my aunt's house it is.

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I did a lot of the bit stuff. It 100% falls under a GDPR issue. 2 years it's been a thing sunday.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  13. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

The almost impossible happens: Google and Apple put aside their differences for the greater good in order to achieve something fraught with difficulties:

...And the UK government are still stomping off down their own extremely questionable path :sigh:

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Newsflash: Google and Apple release free of charge mutually compatible technology that gives every mobile phone user superpowers, instant telepathy, omniscience and multiple orgasms.

The UK government continues to explore the possibilities of two tin cans with a string between them.

(Sarcasm level:

[​IMG])

Last edited: 20 May 2020
    edzieba and adidan like this.
  15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Don't forget the third string going to GCHQ.

Nexxo, Pete J and adidan like this.
  16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I think they just have people with megaphones shouting who's using the tins.

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

OK. Morons. Morons everywhere.

The utter ****-trumpet brigade are taking to bookface and twatter and trying to tell everyone the lockdown is over, or they're quoting restriction rules relaxation from other countries as though it applies here. Of course, people are remaining sensible and are not ACTUALLY FLOODING IN DROVES TO BEACHES AND PARKS.

So, we can expect that second Covid spike in, what, a week to 10 days?

If you rely solely on social media for your news/facts, you should be sterilised to protect the gene pool. /rant

Arboreal, adidan and Pete J like this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It's even worse if you live in a devolved administration. People here seem to be acting like everything is over now, when the Senedd hasn't even lifted restrictions the way Westminster has for England.

bawjaws likes this.
  19. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I took my weekly trip to work on Tuesday to do my required site visit.
    The road from home along the cliff was as busy and as manic as it is on a summer weekend.

It took twice as long as normal to cover that stretch. People were crawling along looking for roadside parking spaces and pulling over (blocking part of one side of the road...) waiting for cars to come out.

Mostly they're full by 9.30 on a beach day and no one is really going to move as they are there for the day,

As as been pointed out here already, V-T's photo, David's comments people have piled down to the beach as if they are on holiday.

We are not changing our routine other than the young are meeting 1 friend for an SD walk or bike ride. I am staying at home, SWM(D)BO is WFH and maybe going to get her laptop VM sorted at work one day next week.

MiL is super vulnerable, so we have to keep clear in order to deliver food and sort things in her house. She's cancelled the daily carers and cleaner and goes into a different room if one of us is visiting.

I too see a second spike coming, it's just what I thought 'people' would do. 'Relxation' = Lockdown over...

I do not have any social media other than WhatsApp for friends and family. Like many of you I am very wary of 'news' these days and try to take my view from a number of variously politically aligned sources.

Stay safe and keep the buggers at bay

Pete J likes this.
  20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Absolutely not helped by Westminster's utter failure to be explicitly clear that the relaxation of lockdown that they outlined was for England alone. Undermined all the work done elsewhere in the UK. Bunch of irresponsible idiots.