1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Im exhausted today... mentally and physically... was up last night at 2 with my son having woke up absolutely buzzing out his head for a period of about an hour.

Me and the missus are totally worn out, she's getting on my tits spending more time cleaning than anything else no matter what I say or do. I've cleaned the house from top to bottom before and she'd still go over it a second time... I feel like all we do is clean, to make matters worse it never looks any different..... the carpets are probably 20 years old so look **** 100% of the time, the vacuum was £23 from Asda... I'd make a better job licking the carpets clean everyday. It doesn't need to be cleaned so frequently it's not dirty by any shape of the imagination. A good clean every other day is sufficient when you're not making any mess....when mess happens we sweep it up or wipe it up there and then so its clean!

I've actually had occasions where I've tidied up (vacuumed, dusted, polished) the full shebang before picking her up from work and immediately get "Wow its a bit messy in here..." and other days having thrown everything together haphazardly in a rush to get out the door to a "Omg it actually looks clean in here"

I'm frustrating.... I've just dropped her to work hoping for a bit of a break and some muppet thought spaghetti Bolognese would be an excellent dinner time choice. It looks like someones put spaghetti Bolognese onto of a hand grenade and pulled the pin. The irony now is the house actually does need a clean...

I need a glass of wine.

2. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

... or ten...? :p

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I mean sounds like you need to spend less time cleaning :D

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I...don't know how I'd cope with children. Aside from the fact I still haven't found that special deaf/dumb/blind lucky lady yet, I've become used to being (forever) alone and am quite house proud. The thought of little handprints appearing on my TV makes me shudder.

Ho hum. it's not as though we 'have' to reproduce. In a way, I'm saving the planet by not contributing to its carbon footprint :hehe:.

perplekks45 and liratheal like this.
  5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Tommy!

She'll be good at pinball. :grin:

jinq-sea and Pete J like this.
  6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Have you tried talking to her about it? Sounds like she has some underlying worries! Also maybe rent a carpet cleaner, I remember doing it back at my dads and its was fantastic!

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That sounds like a stressful experience. The wonder of kids, I suppose.

Mine is being mildly inconvenienced by out of stock items delaying delivery. I would like to use my new GPU again gosh dang it.

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Oooh where did you rent one from? Ours is majority wool and a bugger.

A point I made before we bought it (especially as we have a cat) but, again, apparently I didn't make that point back then now the good lady said we should have thought twice about a wool based carpet :happy:

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

My big brother works for a tool hire company, so it was one of the industrial ones :)

adidan likes this.
  10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I found a local carpet cleaner. Cost maybe twice what hiring a Rug Doctor from Morrisons would have, but the machine was a lot better and - more importantly - I didn't have to lift a finger.

IanW, yuusou, Mr_Mistoffelees and 3 others like this.
  11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Way back when my parents hired a person to do it.

It looked like long, boring, work. I'd definitely pay a person to do it. Also means you don't have to learn how to use a machine for a day.

adidan and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Dirty marks all over my woodwork:

[​IMG]

Rinder knows how many hours I put in stripping all that original architrave back to bare wood, treating it, sanding, primer, undercoat, topcoat. He promises it wasn't him who slobbered on it, but it was in fact another dog, "mucus Rover" who is to blame.

Arboreal and yuusou like this.
  13. Mr_Mistoffelees

At least he hasn't chewed it...

14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I'd be digging a hole if he had.

Fortunately, he's never destroyed anything, and understands which soft toys are his and which aren't. I guess that rarely being left on his own helps, but for the most part he is a well behaved pup. I just wish he wouldn't bark at the doorbell :hehe:

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  15. Mr_Mistoffelees

Our Jack Russel is the same, only chews what he is allowed and barks, a lot, like terriers do. It helps that my wife, unlike me, is a very experienced dog owner.

Last edited: 22 May 2020
  16. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

That's the look of a puppeh that's been/being told off...

17. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

I have a buddy, one of those guys that has had dozen of various jobs, he use to work for a carpet cleaning service. Going to homes were the owners regularly used person or rental units were their bane. The suction on the home/rental units is limited, so while it will clean the carpet it will leave soap residue. With the more powerful commercial machine they'd spend twice as long pulling left over soap out of the carpet.

@DeadP1xelsI agree with the previous comments suggesting a conversation.

18. adidan

Ideally although i'm not having anyone in the house for a while yet, especially somebody who spends everyday working in other peoples houses.

Not that they can work at the moment anyway I guess (?)

It'll probably just have to stay a bit dirty for now or do it ourselves.

perplekks45 and liratheal like this.
  19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Well, given that our CEO just posted a picture of her with the entire board, no masks, no distancing, sitting on the floor of a meeting room, eating pizza. Apparently, they "locked themselves in a meeting room all day" to discuss the company's strategy. It seems to be possible to spend a lot of time very close with people you don't live with, without any precautions, right here in Germany.

Bloody hell, those morons. And they're supposed to run a company and act as role models for their employees... :wallbash:

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  20. adidan

Jeez, alot of people seem to think these rules are a good thing but "it's ok if we just do this" thing that goes completely against the rules.

It just needs one asymptomatic person in that room to infect thousands within a few days.