1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Bought a laptop stand on amazon for £14.99 and it’s pretty awesome, well worth the money.

inside the package was a card saying i was entitled to a free trial product so emailed them to expect “Hey, get this free gift just pay £9.99 shipping!”

Nope, they’re sending me a free headphone stand, they’re also sending me a second laptop stand the same I ordered to gift to someone...

Granted they want the positive reviews to boost sales so this is just coming out their marketing budget but FREEBIES!!

IanW, Vault-Tec, Arboreal and 6 others like this.
  2. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Those kinda freebies warrant good (well; better than you would otherwise give) reviews... at least for customer service.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Oh my god.

I'm home. It reeks of sea air and seaweed, the seagulls are in song it's amazing. Sensory orgy.

Oh and the govt has paid my council tax for the year and owe me money.

Arboreal, The_Crapman, IanW and 2 others like this.
  4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Hard life, but someone's gotta live it... :p

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just got the install date for my electric car chargepoint. :D

DeadP1xels, Vault-Tec and Guest-44638 like this.
  6. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

After one week (actually 9 minutes short of one week to the minute), my 2 x 4TB RAID 1 array has expanded to 4 x 4TB RAID 5 (SHR) without any parity errors, all the time being usable and continuing to backup as normal (though taking slightly longer). Thank $deity.

Mr_Mistoffelees and Arboreal like this.
  7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Two things:

1. I have my fiance her birthday presents already (just 6 weeks early, couldn't wait, so what?). She loves them and her smile and excitement make me happy. Now to find something else for her birthday. :grin:
    2. id Software will remove Denuvo from Doom Eternal. While I won't ever touch the game's multiplayer it just makes me happy to see a company listening to their community every once in a blue moon. Ring 0 anti-cheat is a shocking development in recent years and I'm glad they gave up on it just one week after patching it in. Especially because they have no real competitive multiplayer scene for it.

Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Time to write another log update. Whack some tunes on, choose pictures, overlay sponsor logos, type up a storm, send it out. Is it odd that I enjoy it? Maybe it's the chance to reflect on what I've done and enjoy the work post pain of doing it? Maybe I should have been a writer? :hehe:

Vault-Tec, Arboreal and adidan like this.
  9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yay project update :clap:

Arboreal likes this.
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just took a call from the car dealership.
    • Car has been assigned a transport truck and should be with dealer on May 29th.
    • Due to plague storage, they've been ordered by Renault to check/charge the 12V battery.
    • Dealer has agreed to 100% charge the car before I take delivery/collect from June 2nd, due to chargepoint date (see above).
    [​IMG]

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

12. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Doge looks like it's putting on weight and needs to go for a walk.

Vault-Tec, MLyons and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

fur

14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Happy womb escape day!

Dr. Coin and MLyons like this.
  15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

When we entered a state of lockdown I set myself a few challenges. Few I’ve kept to but I have been doing some occasional exercise and watching my diet in an effort to trim down and overall feel a bit more driven and motivated.

Lost about 15 or so lbs so far and feeling significantly slimmer, I’m a long way off where I want to be, I still carry more timber than I’d like to but everything fits me better. I have days where I eat what I like (two pasty’s for lunch yesterday) and days I’m strict and on it.

Pete J and Arboreal like this.
  16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Got an email from the big boss man, the company is finally in a postition to pay some of my owed wages! Shoud be a massive chunk of cash, a lot of which will have to go on debts, but its been nearly 3 years to this point, so it feels amazing! Part of me is tempted to use it as a deposit on buyng a house, but I feel the coming months would be a terrible time to buy a house...

17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Wait, they owe you almost THREE YEARS of wages?!?!

18. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Needs to go for a trim, then... :p

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Clearly they've been paying you something otherwise I doubt you'd have stayed for 3 years, this money due for overtime or something? (although even then I'd wonder why you were still doing it 3 years on)

20. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I'mma pray it means 3 years of discrepancies... but either way: "Dayum...!"