1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm safe at home, waiting for the second wave to hit in 7-10 days. *reaches for popcorn*

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ditto.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I still think it did the rounds in January, but I don't feel like paying £90 for a test right now.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I'm at work, eventually a middle aged man will get poked in the eyes when he sticks his head round the large dividing screen and pulls a face like I'm over reacting when I ask him to stand behind it. Exactly who that middle aged man is remains to be discovered, but they are the only ones doing it, male, 45-65, every damn time. On the positive side, there is no better place to have your eyes gouged than an opticians.

#Edit. Whilst speed sketching this evening I went to brush away some eraser dust and managed to drive the end of a mechanical pencil through the side of my thumb. OOOOOOOUUUCCCCH!!!

Last edited: 23 May 2020
    Pete J, perplekks45 and Bloody_Pete like this.
  5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Packed in vaping as of today. I've been on zero nicotine for a couple of weeks now anyway, what was left of my liquid ran out last night so today's the day...

I am climbing the ****ing walls here...

MLyons, IanW, yuusou and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Its just the habit, you can over come it :) I had a with chewing gun a few weeks back, its so weird what your brain focusses on! As I vaper I know what its like!

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I NEED MY PSYCHOLOGICAL CRUTCH, DAMMIT! :lol:

IanW and Bloody_Pete like this.
  8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You got a Hal-esque scream box?

Bloody_Pete and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

No, but now I want one.

I do have booze, but it's not helping.

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Booze rarely helps. Although it is delicious.

11. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

12. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Resisting spending extortion amounts of money I really shouldn’t....in reality I can’t afford it if I put cash on the table. But like most I could cover up this financial faux pas with the ol credit card in the mean time and fix it later.

if I wait 6-7 more months I’ll be in a substantially better position to make the purchase and that’s the adult way to do it...

Are we their yet?

13. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

At least if you're typing here, @DeadP1xels you're not on w/e site it is that's tempting you to dig a hole you gonna sweat bukkits diggin' yerself out of.

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

My cat severly beat me up through the night.

From the one claw in the head, purring nose shoved in my ear to the WWF divebomb off the bedhead onto my stomach at about 4am.

Yeah, feline induced absolutely no sleep. Glad it's Sunday as the day is shot. :rollingeyes:

15. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

It took me about half a century to get to the point where I have the sense to wait and save for things. There would be no £800 headphones without me saving...

Last edited: 24 May 2020
  16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I think the satisfaction is much greater also, just me being fickle and wanting to do everything at once!

Mr_Mistoffelees and Bloody_Pete like this.
  17. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Self-quoting but meh

Addendum:
    - I get called way after the business has ended for the day. Closed at 7pm today, phone goes nuts at 8pm. Record is six calls after closing up shop between 8pm and 11pm
    - Usually I get a call or two in the morning around 9am (currently I wake up at 10)
    - I'm not guaranteed to have days off except when sick (today's day seven at work in a row)
    - My current workload is 2,5+ persons worth but not paid that much. Oh and I'm dealing with admin stuff at home outside of business hours
    - Had to learn magento which is a worthless piece of **** that should die in a fire
    -
    Its literally killing me. I "cured" my type 2 diabetes with exercise, now its back with a vengeance because I don't have the time. Also I'm on a massive cocktail of pills and injections to keep my blood glucose down. Without exercise or meds it would be 20+mmol meaning my blood would be closer to syrup
    -
    On top of that, I'm the critical employee in this company, my departure quite likely is a killing blow to it

Tomorrow's off at least but comes with a caveat.
    Idiot I replaced covers me. He is a lazy piece of *`*** who makes a mess and is always late.
    Gonna destroy a fifth of vodka. Neat.

Me at my wits end? Yeah. Also this new spoiler styling sucks.

18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Time to hand in your notice? I mean, securing a new job beforehand would be nice, but do you honestly think you'd have the energy to do so right now? And do you think it's smart to destroy your health for this job, thus rendering you almost incapable of escaping in the long run?

19. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Would quit right now if I didn't have rent and bills to pay, gotta secure a new job first.

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

It is NEVER worth sacrificing your health for your job.