1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Please enlighten me as to what that feels like. It's impossible to cool this house down in any kind of warm weather...

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Furlough payday turned up more cash than expected, as my employer had decided to pay me 100% rate for the recent bank holidays.
    Also, I finally managed to get through to VW Finance to end my car PCP with them before my new Renault Zoe shows up next week.
    The downside is that I have to keep the VW insured for as long as it takes for the collection people to be bothered to turn up.

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That's what I'm looking at right now:
    [​IMG]

That's what's the sky is looking at:
    [​IMG]

Next step: grab a beer, enjoy the day in the sun with my fiancée and a (hopefully) good book.

Vault-Tec and Arboreal like this.
  4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Y'see, for me, that falls into the other thread. It's so hot in my house right now that you cannot move without sweating, sleeping for more than an hour or two at a time is a thing of the past.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I've already wheeled the AC unit onto the landing, in preparation for the hideously humid and uncomfortable mess that passes for a "nice" British summer.

Last edited: 29 May 2020
    Byron C likes this.
  6. perplekks45

It's 22C in the shade right now, about 27C in the sun. Brilliant weather for sitting out here, enjoying myself, the sun, the Glenmorangie (decided against beer, went for the good stuff), the book (less than I hoped I would) and quality early summer time with the lady of the house. Tonight it'll cool down to below 20C and, with an open window, I'll sleep like a baby. Especially after having had a large serving of that chili con carne bubbling away right now. With some really good Chipotle in it, no less. And fresh homemade ciabatta.

Fingers66 and Arboreal like this.
  7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

[​IMG]

Leak testing!

Which means the monoblock did fit. It also means I managed to fumble my way through hard tubing without much blood or swearing. Or bending jigs.

Also that I made the 140 rad fit where, apparently, it shouldn't. It's tight, but it's in.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Lovely work !

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I am so close to dropping a couple of hundred quid on a proper aircon unit right now

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I bought a portable AC unit last year. One of the best purchases ever made. It can get loud but with headphones on and the sweet tears of people complaining it hot it's fine.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

What fans are those?

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Look like Noctua industrial?

13. liratheal

Very close, but not quite!

Noctua NF-P14s PWM redux's, the 1200rpm models.

https://noctua.at/en/nf-p14s-redux-1200-pwm

Vault-Tec likes this.
  14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I have a pair of them waiting to go in my rig to replace the dead vardars. Must have been sat on the shelf 2months doing nothing. Gotta have 1 pc not in bits :hehe:

15. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Are they any good? I'm holding out for the A12x25 black (whenever that damn things get released!) as the added airpressure should make them amazing!

16. liratheal

I have no reason to fault them so far, but I'm hardly a connoisseur when it comes to fans. My biggest complaint is that they don't come with the little rubber doodads for vibration damping, and I had to buy them separately.

You crazy kids and your not immediately installing new things!

Delivery guy had barely left and my pc was in bits yesterday >.>

17. perplekks45

Well, that and being the wrong colour makes them cheaper than the standard (beautiful brown) ones, right?

18. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Ironically, this is one of the selling points of the redux line - it's just the fan in the box and you don't get (and have to pay for) all of the usual goodies that Noctua provide with their standard fans (extensions, low noise adaptors, fan mounts, rubber gaskets etc).

I guess the other selling point for some is that they're not the standard two-tone Noctua colour scheme. Personally I don't mind it but I know it exercises a few people :)

19. liratheal

I bought them specifically because they weren't that hideous brown-beige of the standard ones :p

I might have gone for the Chromax line, but they seemed unnecessarily expensive for what I wanted.

I don't know if they were cheaper than the horribly coloured ones, tbh, I have vague recollections of them being the same..

20. perplekks45

Then you didn't buy at the right store, mate. :eyebrow:

On Amazon.de the redux ones are 15.90, the brown ones are 21.90.