1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Getting a tyre fitted so going to be a half an hour wait.

Came and sat on a bench on the quay front, nice refreshing breeze coupled with the warmth of the sun.

Being able to sit and reflect for 30 mins is total bliss

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yeh pretty much the same, Currently£12.50 for redux, £18 for the equivalent brown, £6 for a box of pads that'll do 2 fans, making the redux £15.50 effectively.

The redux also come with a fixed cable and you also don't get a 2-1 splitter and the funny rubber "screws".

Last edited: 30 May 2020
  3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Aye, the redux tend to be a few quid cheaper which is fair enough as you're not getting all the extra bits in the box - ideal if you just need the fan itself. At the same time, it sounds like you were happy to pay a bit extra for the colour scheme, so it's a win-win :grin:

Also worth noting that the redux fans aren't necessarily recoloured versions of the same units as the standard colour scheme ones - typically, the normal ones get the latest and greatest developments first while the redux tend to be last gen.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

After working 10-12 hour days since 20th March almost non-stop, I am now taking a week's annual leave.

Vacation mode engaged.

[​IMG]

MLyons, perplekks45, IanW and 4 others like this.
  5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I did buy on Amazon, but it seems my memory for prices is worse than first thought. Although I did have to buy, well 'have to', the rubber doodads.

I had some of those rubber holder things way back when. They were absolute shite and I refuse to ever use them again.

Ah. Well, last generation suits me fine. Fits in with the "theme" of my computing. Last generation or older!

Also, seeing as today is the only day I'm allowed to make noise in this country and its verkakte rules about noise. I made a thing:

[​IMG]

So now I have somewhere to do stuff in the garage other than the floor.

Also, all hail Kreg square drive pocket screws and Kreg pocket hole jigs.

Bloody_Pete and Arboreal like this.
  6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

To be fair, last gen Noctua >= current gen everyone else imho

7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Just wrote some arduino code for my mod. Nothing spectacular but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy writing "real code" instead of an endless stream of bash scripts. And for a hobby no less.

All with the help of @DXR_13KE, @MLyons and some insightful peops on the bit-tech discord.

Last edited: 30 May 2020
  8. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Exercise done now sitting in the garden with a tall g&t, ahhhhhh.

perplekks45 likes this.
  9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That discord is like a natural extension of these here forums.

MLyons and Arboreal like this.
  10. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Found out my M4 makes lots of interesting noises when doing a mid gear pull in "sport" (valves open). So much of this car I haven't even experienced yet (bought in Feb, pouring rain, holiday and then a lock down..).

Also completely drowned out the little modified GTI that sounded like it had a major fart problem (it also had a major lack of power problem but hey ho, didn't stop him "trying it on"..).

Been a tough couple of weeks so anything that can put a smile on my face is appreciated right now.

11. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I hope the protestors burn the whole damn thing down. I'll lose everything I own just to end the issues here.

Being a mixed person is interesting right now. Power to the protestors, power to the people.

I can't breathe.

12. DeadP1xels

My freebies have dried up for now but I’ve had a good run. They’ll contact me when they want me to check out new stuff...

Bought a laptop stand for £14.99

Got a free headphone stand and identical laptop stand worth £23.99, Got a lens protector worth £8.99, Now finishing off with a further different laptop stand for £26.99

so a good £60 worth of free crap.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

god fed up of trying to find some sort of paint storage system for my bench and after googling decided to pull the trigger on a nail varnish stand, holy **** its only a damn perfect fit for Tamiya and MrHobby paints!

[​IMG]

time to pour a cold one and get back to work.

Nexxo, IanW and liratheal like this.
  14. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Looks like you're well on your way to needing a second one... :D

15. DeadP1xels

Laptop stand received and it’s excellent actually... really love the design. Folds entirely flat so can take it to work if I want to.

I’ve been after something similar for a while so to get it free is a big bonus!

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

36km bike ride down my local valley, didn't meet a single nob the entire ride, yay!

Even better, on arriving home I was informed my local burger place (the best burger place around here by miles) is open for take away from next weekend, double yay!

perplekks45 and ElThomsono like this.
  17. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Finally got the X5650 installed. Up to 4.2Ghz so far without any hiccups. Just shy of 2K in Cinebench R20.

Thought I would give it a treat and get it installed in a modern(ish) case:

[​IMG]

Quite liking how it turned out tbh. Mixture of new meets old(er). :)

18. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I take it that's Daedalus...

19. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Yep :)

Although technically the Aurora was ALOT bigger than the Daedalus class thus the names should really be switched around.. :p

I am making the excuse that I am going with combat effectiveness, whereby the Aurora at peak efficiency (3x ZPM & full compliment of Drones) would have made even a Asgard Bean equipped Daedalus look a bit like a toy..

All being utterly eclipsed by the ZPM Hive of course. That thing was just crazy.

(Yes I love the ships of Stargate.. :))

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Kinda sorta might have booked June off work. All of it.

Well, almost: got a Hobby Tech column due on the 23rd, so I'll still have to do that or there'll be a five-page hole in the next-next issue of Custom PC.

IanW, Nexxo and perplekks45 like this.