1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam C&C Remaster

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 5 Jun 2020.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I figured i would start a thread for the Remaster of C&C and C&C Red Alert, Launched today on Steam and Origin.

Having now sunk 2 hours in, I LOVE it, although it does have it's quirks, Vehicles definitely look like their driving on ice, Infantry are still super annoying, and resources are used up within minutes in a RA Skirmish, But i still love it, and that original Westwood logo before TD.

Not tried online yet, I want to work my way through the campaign, unlocking the bonus features.
    I also saw the Steam Cards unlock, The first i unlocked when i checked was worth £9, Now it's less than 30p, Haha.

Sam

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Almost bought it, but then I realised I have a shedload of other games to get through first.

Will defo be picking it up if it goes to 50% off or less though.

goldstar0011 and MadGinga like this.
  3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Same. I bought Halo MCC haven't touched it yet. So as much as I love C&C, I'll wait for this to be on serious offer.

I did download Red Alert 2 the other day when I was in-between games. I don't remember I was that bad in skirmish :worried:

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Holy f**cking sh*t that start up sequence when first launching the game....

It is the first proof in over a decade that someone somewhere deep within the bowels of EA understands how to entertain gamers.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

cobalt6700 and Bloody_Pete like this.
  5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

It was made by a member of the community I believe :)

6. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Bought, installed! Just waiting to find a nice few hour block! So excited time to relive my wonder years!

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  7. samkiller42

Completed the GDI Campaign on Normal, Will be starting NOD shortly, Not sure i'm looking forward to them, heh.

Sam

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Have you actually slept yet?!

samkiller42 likes this.
  9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I just bought this today, having completely forgotten it was a thing and then (happily) seeing it on Steam rather than having to bum about with Origin.

Just waiting on the ~18GB download to finish.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Hmm. Checks original Red Alert installation requirements. For Windows.

40MB minimum, 500MB recommended...

liratheal likes this.
  11. samkiller42

Haha, Yeah, Slept like a baby last night :thumb:
    I've put 15 hours into the game so far. Gotten stuck on NOD Mission 10, Back to watching the videos on Youtube to work out what i need to do.

Sam

12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I got stuck on Clearing A Path, as my bottom squad died so killing the bottom two turrets was impossible! I had to restart! Loving it though!

13. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

GDI campaign completed and 4 missions into the nod one.

Been great so far, well other than trying to get up this morning for an 8am call.

14. Xir

Xir Modder

I have the originals, good enough for me but that said...

For Kane!

15. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Trust me te remasters are more than work it. For one, they just work! They've updated the controls so its not a chore to play (although you can tweak them to disable modern control methods) they've updated the CGI so its nicer, you can actually play at a proper resolution, and you get item queues on production items! Its fantastic. They also bundle all of the bonus and extra missionns in, including the console ones, ones that you litterally can't play. More than worth it. On top of that if you love the series buy it to encourage this kind of good game remaster, as a remaster if Tib Sun and Red Alert 2 would vbe utterly fantasic, and then they may make more games in the universe!

16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Digital Foundry have an opinion, it's amazing that EA can publish something like this from time to time. Amazing and infuriating that they balls everything else up.

Fingers66 and Bloody_Pete like this.
  17. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Completed the GDI campaign this morning, really enjoyed it, not sure I completed the single player back in the day. I was obsessed with Red Alert but having played that single player about a month ago I couldnt face restarting, even with new graphics!

C&C though, loved every minute of it! Still hard and I managed to get to mission 15 without building a mammoth tank because i didnt realise you needed a repair bay for them! :duh:

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  18. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Was just playing the final Allied mission, going really well, wearing then down with attack helicopters, destroyed most of the bases including the MCV and nuke silo. Randomly my base gets nuked, MCV lost. Rage inducing!

hamza_tm likes this.
  19. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Oooooh yes! I remember that little detail. Also reminds me there used to be a trick to get any vehicle to repair super fast on the repair bay.

You move them onto it, then off, then onto it again really quickly or something like that. The game then glitches and repairs them to full in about a second and at a cheaper cost.

Loved RA1.