1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete ⭐ Da Module Thingy - Handmade Not Sponsored

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jean R built, 19 Feb 2020.

1. Canardwc

Canardwc @French_fab_factorie

Do you really need a reset button ? You can also push 5seconds the power button to reset the computer...

Like that, you will need only ONE BUTTON :grin:

Jean R built likes this.
  2. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

I know, but it's not a big job and it's already half done but I'll think about it, for sure it would be more clean without it.

3. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

The PC is working now, I'm going to update with some photos soon.

4. MADPC

MADPC Minimodder

impressive..

5. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

I'm preparing the case for the photos, and I'm going to wrap the handle with the paracord.

I couldn't update yesterday because my MB BIOS wasn't the latest version, so it wouldn't boot.

I had to ask my brother to download the latest one, and lend me his CPU to install it.

Then for whatever reason the MB wasn't completely happy, now if the 3200g is on and the RAM is in the first MB slot it doesn't boot but if it's in the second it does.

Now it works, and to be honest having only one RAM stick right now I can live with having it in the 2nd slot, I wasted enough hours for now on it, so I'm going to investigate the situation in the future.

6. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

Well it took more time than I expected, now I'm going to sleep I'm going to post an update later.

[​IMG]

Cheapskate and Canardwc like this.
  7. Canardwc

I quite like but if i can suggest, à pièce of brown leather will be more chic on you mod
    Bravo anyway :clap:

Jean R built likes this.
  8. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

I wanted a neutral colour for my first couple of shells, and I had this leather and black Alcantara around, because I used them on some of my car upholstery.

I crafted the shells relatively simple, I was already pretty sure that I'm going to change colour of them sometime, the more time consuming part of the process is the sewing.

In the future if I want, I can craft some new shells copy and wrap them with different textures and/or colour in a week or so, then it's just a swap like you do with a smartphone.

Canardwc likes this.
  9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Did that material come with the diamond pattern, or did you have to suffer through sewing the padding on like that?
    I'm not sure I like the padded covers, though. It hides all your wonderful bend work.

Jean R built likes this.
  10. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

Thankfully I'm not at that level of craziness, I bought it already quilted.

I know how to make a padded quilt pattern, as I said I had it at home, I didn't see any point in having to endure in such painful adventure for this project.

About the shells, I like the case with or without them, they give the case a more mature and complete vibe, and even when they are on you can still see a lot of it through the windows.

With them on it's like a intelligent hot woman with a thigh leather dress, even if I don't see it all I'm really happy :grin:.

I've made the photos, but it took some hours, I'm checking them before posting.

Update incoming.

11. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

So the time has come :brrr:

Professional Technical Project Code Name:

Da Module Thingy :D

Last edited: 5 Jun 2020
  12. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

First presentation photos of Da Module Thingy. Hopefully you will like it as much as I do.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm sorry but I won't have pets in my photos, my little baby is no longer with us.
    I'm going to post the rest of the photos later.

Last edited: 6 Jun 2020
  13. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

Here we go.

Base Crown
    [​IMG]

Top Crown
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Handle
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

PSU side
    [​IMG]

A tour around the case
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rear Cable Guide Closed and Open, I have added some neoprene padding to protect the acrylic from scratches caused by the guard and the cables.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

A glimpse of the LEDs at work
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm gonna post a video showing the lighting at work, and obviously two of my super cool timelapse :D but I'm editing the video right now.

ciaognep, idpcmods, 4LIEN and 6 others like this.
  14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Lovely. I feel the urge to lick it. :D I like how you installed the switches.
    Thermaltake is going to copyright all your silly part names. (Yes, you may have swept it under google's rug, but we still remember.)

idpcmods and Jean R built like this.
  15. Canardwc

Congrats to you and your awesome build job !!!

Jean R built likes this.
  16. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

Oh My, Oh My :duh: I modified on the fly every silly name with other new silly ones, because I made a google search and the results were unexpected, I do deeply apologize to anyone who might have been offended in any way, it wasn't intentional.

Thanks @Cheapskate that pushed me to do a Google search I should have done before posting.

Last edited: 6 Jun 2020
  17. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

Thanks all, I'm really happy you like the case too, now that it is wrapped it lost a bit of that thingy over the top effect, but it is a lot more refined and elegant now in real life.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here is the video, I'll try to make a better one, the main light under the top fan in real life was white during the filming, but I couldn't fix the colors in a decent way so I'm gonna post it without edits.

the video link doesn't work I'm working on it.
    *edit temporary link to my Imgur account

https://imgur.com/gallery/Ybe2QeF

Last edited: 7 Jun 2020
  18. Jean R built

Jean R built Modder

So the video link embedding was kind of a bit messy business but it works as a normal link, I'll try to make a Video with better quality, then I'll upload it on another site and make a good link with preview.

I have chosen to change the status of the project to complete, but these kind of projects are never complete.

I'll start a new project log about the case docking station.

In the next week I'll test the two AMD wraith fans I have from the two CPUs, because their specs looks good and I'm not using them on the CPU, so I'll test them on the GPU and I'll probably modify the GPU cooler if they work better than the two I'm using now :dremel:.

Here some info about the case dimensions

[​IMG]

19. ivory2k19

ivory2k19 Minimodder

WOW awesome work i love it :jawdrop::rock:

Jean R built likes this.
  20. 4LIEN

4LIEN Modder

I really like the final look! Very good job!

Jean R built likes this.